Forums / Community / General Discussion

What halo game had the most difficult campaign?

OP Springylols

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
Which one?
I'd say halo 2 by far. After completing every game through legendary on the MCC, I realized that halo 2 gave me the most frustration, sore throats, and bruised fists lol.
Which one?
If we're talking about the hardest, then definitely Halo 2, especially if we're taking Legendary runs into consideration.

Although, if you're talking about most difficult to play through, that would be Halo 5 for me. Some of those levels are just a purely joyless slog.
No question, Halo 2. It’s still my favorite game though :-) Surprisingly, Halo Wars 1 and 2 are pretty tough as well if you include them in the list. But using skulls makes them a lot easier.
Halo 2 had the hardest Legendary Campaign by far.
Normal run? All of them were easy. On legendary? All of them were easy except for Halo 2 haha. But honestly that’s what made it so fun. And then an added bonus for when I took up speed running for that campaign. Such good memories
Halo 2. The missions with the Arbiter versus the Flood were the most difficult for me.
Halo 2, me trying to run Halo 2 on Legendary I turn into a Raging Irish (I'm part Irish, Brit but born Aussie)
Wow well h2 sets the record for hardest campaign
I'm having problems beating halo combat evolved on legendary, I can't imagine what halo 2 is like on legendary. Just on heroic halo 2 was kinda serious
Um halo 2 endless flood, endless endless flood err my gerrrrr.
Definitely Halo 2 for me
Halo 2... assuming you mean on legendary

Spoiler:
Show
Definitely halo 2. Let’s not rule out doing a legendary run and having to deal with Jackals.
Halo2 but Halo CE is also pretty tricky.
Halo 2 is gonna take the cake on this one. Balancing issues and time to kill were absolutely bonkers. That's not even counting the Jackal snipers who could one shot kill you at any time if you didn't memorize their exact location on each map (and even that didn't always help). I always laugh when you're in the armory and the master gunnery sergeant is going over Chief's new armor and talking about how it's better in every way... and then when you play the actual game the armor is about as protective as tissue paper.

I distinctly remember trying to beat the level Gravemind on Legendary and got killed before my targeting reticle even appeared after the title sequence (haven't even tried since).. then I saw some youtuber discussing that issue and was glad to see I wasn't the only one who had that problem.
ce infinite flood
CE: Legendary
Halo 2 by a massive landslide
For me it was CE but H2 is a close 2nd. Though Halo 5 on legendary was irritating because of the aimbot Promethean bullets being able to hit you at a 90 degree angle.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7