Forums / Community / General Discussion

What halo game had the most difficult campaign?

OP Springylols

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
Halo 2
Got to agree with the most people & go with Halo 2 on general. That is assuming we are discussing about the actual possible difficulty of the game by game itself being challenging rather than difficulty meaning for example, a lack of motivation to even play the game.
Halo 2 drives me nuts even on heroic.
Halo 2, and it's not close.
Halo 2 for sure.
Halo 2 by far. 2 words: Jackal snipers

Next would be between Reach and CE, though 4 and 5 could be really difficult too. 3 and ODST were much easier than the rest due to Brutes being the elite enemies rather than Elites, once their armor comes off its gone, no more shields.
halo 2 no question
Halo 2 is the hardest one I had to deal with and it will probably stay lol. But I also believe Halo Reach also but I go with Halo 2 more as i had to deal with me raging on the campaign.
99% of the comments are saying Halo 2, and they are so right...I haven't even touched a Beam Rifle since finishing it! The nightmares are just too terrible
If we're talking about the hardest, then definitely Halo 2, especially if we're taking Legendary runs into consideration.

Although, if you're talking about most difficult to play through, that would be Halo 5 for me. Some of those levels are just a purely joyless slog.
Hahaha. I respectfully disagree. Halo 5 was sooo much fun. Halo: CE is joyless slog for me. It's like playing a broken Roguelike.

Which one?
I'm just going to go ahead and add to the pile of Halo 2s here. Halo: CE controls like a rock, but not considering the mechanics of the time, Halo 2 has some of the most legitimately difficult enemies on Legendary, especially the Halo 2 Brutes.
The actual answer is SPV3 on Noble.
Halo 2 outright. Some sections of CE were hard solo, but Jackal Snipers have a special place in hell.
Halo 2 outright. Some sections of CE were hard solo, but Jackal Snipers have a special place in hell.
Definitely Halo 2. I've never died to jackals sooooo dang much till I decided to play Halo 2. Uggggghhhhh
Definitely halo 2.
Halo 2 and ODST for Legendary run, i died so many times.
Halo CE only had one level i couldn't beat and that was the library. Hate that level so much..
Tough choice but if I would have to go with one would be Halo 2 second place would be Halo reach and I guess third place would be Halo 4
I think we've already got the consensus here on the hardest halo but i'd like to add that ODST had some butt-clenching legendary moments too, not necessarily repeatedly dying per se but plenty of moments where I felt like I had no chance of making it out alive, more so than the other games (besides 2) I'd say. I also found in H5 the warden eternal fights on legendary towards the end of the game got quite frustrating.
Halo 2 def left me with many frustration filled nights haha!
Halo 2 on Legendary, no question.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7