Forums / Community / General Discussion

What halo game had the most difficult campaign?

OP Springylols

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7
Halo 2. The game was rushed during development, and as a result it was not properly tested on Legendary, which led to... well... I think we all know by now.
It's well known that Halo 2 was rushed, but not properly tested in Legendary? I wouldn't take that claim at face value.

Halo CE is the easiest, because the combat is slower paced due to the original Halo having been planned and initially developed as an RTS for the Mac before Microsoft purchased Bungie and changed their direction.
This is not accurate. Halo was already a shooter by the 1999 Macworld trailer, and it had started morphing into that direction by the summer of 1998, two years before Microsoft announced the acquisition of Bungie. I don't believe the pace of the campaign has anything to do with the early history of the game. There are probably a number of reasons why the CE campaign is slow from the preferences of the creators to the setting of the game and technical limitations.
H2 on legendary can be very difficult but above all it is frustrating if you do not know shortcuts, tricks... and those damned sniper jakals.
and problably HCE in Normal.
tsassi wrote:
Halo 2. The game was rushed during development, and as a result it was not properly tested on Legendary, which led to... well... I think we all know by now.
It's well known that Halo 2 was rushed, but not properly tested in Legendary? I wouldn't take that claim at face value.

Halo CE is the easiest, because the combat is slower paced due to the original Halo having been planned and initially developed as an RTS for the Mac before Microsoft purchased Bungie and changed their direction.
This is not accurate. Halo was already a shooter by the 1999 Macworld trailer, and it had started morphing into that direction by the summer of 1998, two years before Microsoft announced the acquisition of Bungie. I don't believe the pace of the campaign has anything to do with the early history of the game. There are probably a number of reasons why the CE campaign is slow from the preferences of the creators to the setting of the game and technical limitations.
I was unaware of the exact date of the acquisition by Microsoft, so I was wrong there. But I'm sticking by my claim for Halo 2's lack of proper testing on Legendary. If it had actually been tested properly, then it would have been tuned and rebalanced so that it wouldn't become the aggravating frustration machine we all know today.
Halo 2 for sure.
Zealotiv wrote:
Halo 2 for sure.
I intend to conquer the Halo 2 campaign on legendary since I had given up as a teenager long ago.
Halo 2 absolutely.
Halo 2 , Not sure about everyone else but the melee damage from the enemies is mental
Halo 2, no contest, Bungie tried to implement many new features, enemy / weapon behaviors and new weapons that disbalanced the game completely to the point of getting a"high difficulty" because of that, and remember that game was released before the "online patches" era so they never addressed those development flaws until Halo 3 was released
Legendary? 2, because jackal snipers can suck my -Yoink-. Most other difficulties? split between 5 and 3. for 5, having the arena filled with enemies enough for 4 people only for your retard robo-buddies to all go diving in front of rockets and -Yoink- made the balance all out of whack even on lower difficulties. as for 3, specifically cortana is one of the hardest missions in the halo series, regardless of difficulty.
For some reason, ODST was really difficult for me.
Halo 2 solo legendary was horrible. I legitimately considered giving up against Tartarus.
CE on Legendary
Halo 2 solo legendary was horrible. I legitimately considered giving up against Tartarus.
Funny thing is my Friend and I did give up on Tartarus, because coop against him was so bloody hard. We fought him about 50 times, and never beat him on Legendary.
Funny thing is my Friend and I did give up on Tartarus, because coop against him was so bloody hard. We fought him about 50 times, and never beat him on Legendary.
Lol, it took me an hour's worth of attempts. And actually killing him took 15 mins
Halo 2, without a doubt.
Halo 2, without a doubt.
You literally spawn in and get instakilled in one level.
I Still to this day have difficult with halo ODST as the environment and plot are at a completely different level
I'd have to choose Halo 2 or Halo 3. It's hard to progress on Legendary in these games if you don't know what to do.
Halo 2, hands down
Halo 2 and halo 1 the 4 final misions
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7