Forums / Community / General Discussion

What halo game had the most difficult campaign?

OP Springylols

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
for every reason the halo 2 campaing. even in normal, the enemies shoot very fast and they always attack in groups. in legendary, once you reach the mission "gravemind" when the cutscene ends and the gameplay starts, the brutes will kill you most of the time even before your HUD appears. thats your answer
It depends on what difficulty but I'd say Halo 2 if we're basing the campaign on legendary.
Was I too quick to give up on Halo 2 legendary, or is the first mission truly one of the harder missions to beat on legendary?
Halo 2 by far, no joke ! I mean Tartarus was difficult enough to sit there for awhile, when done for first time
Halo 2. Mainly 'cause of those friggen Jackal snipers >:I
Halo 2 was one of the most hardest ones
H2 Anniversary on Legendary. Wildly tough!
Halo 2. Couldn't ever make it past Cairo Station at the beginning
Was I too quick to give up on Halo 2 legendary, or is the first mission truly one of the harder missions to beat on legendary?
Cairo Station is harder than the last level of the game, in my opinion.

Reach is tough, but at least its "sandbox" gives you some solutions if you use what's available.
I think halo 2 has the hardest missions because they are so complex and the enemies don't give you a break at all.
Halo CE and Halo 2 since i really miss the time and practice. .
Halo 3, Reach and H4 are the easiest imo because i played them more frequently
Halo 2 on Legendary - those jackal snipers could go pro.
Halo 2. And i only have to say two words.

Sniper...
Jackals...
Halo 2 definitely.
Halo 2 LASO by far.
The official version of Halo 2 on Legendary. I beat it once on the OG X-Box after it came out and didn't touch it again until I got my 360... and then I gave up not even half-way through the game because it was just so frustrating. It's not properly balanced. It is an unbalanced mess that no one at Bungie (back when they still worked on Halo), 343, or Microsoft has ever bothered to fix, simply because of nostalgia. And it's sad, because all things considered, Halo 2 is also one of the best campaigns in the entire series, especially from a story telling perspective.

Oh, and Halo 4 is one of the other hardest, due to those F<BLAM>ing Promethean Knights and Watchers!!! CENSORED those CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED and their CENSORED habit of CENSORED bringing back those CENSORED CENSORED I just wasted all of my ammo killing back to CENSORED life!

And Halo 5 is also difficult on Legendary, but it's still less frustrating than Halo 2.
Is this even a question? Halo 2. Those Jackals...
The official version of Halo 2 on Legendary. I beat it once on the OG X-Box after it came out and didn't touch it again until I got my 360... and then I gave up not even half-way through the game because it was just so frustrating. It's not properly balanced. It is an unbalanced mess that no one at Bungie (back when they still worked on Halo), 343, or Microsoft has ever bothered to fix, simply because of nostalgia. And it's sad, because all things considered, Halo 2 is also one of the best campaigns in the entire series, especially from a story telling perspective.

Oh, and Halo 4 is one of the other hardest, due to those F<BLAM>ing Promethean Knights and Watchers!!! CENSORED those CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED and their CENSORED habit of CENSORED bringing back those CENSORED CENSORED I just wasted all of my ammo killing back to CENSORED life!

And Halo 5 is also difficult on Legendary, but it's still less frustrating than Halo 2.
There's actually a glitch with Halo 4 Legendary that makes it easier imo. If you load the last chapter of each mission on Legendary, it counts as the whole level. I discovered this by accident when I was experimenting with it to see what I needed for Mark 6 armor at the time... Of course I don't know if it's patched out yet. : P
The game (halo 2) is hard because you are the weakest entity in the whole game (aside from flood infection forms) and so everything kills you in a firefight way quicker if you dare show yourself for more than a couple seconds. Sniper jackals are a very real annoyance, but not compared to the MC’s durability, that’s what makes them a problem in the first place. Thanks for reading my comment
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7