Forums / Community / General Discussion

What halo game has best AI?

OP Z3ROtime23

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Answer in detail.
I think Halo Reach, Elites had all of their Abilities from Previous Titles and react well to what is going on. Grunts worked with their surroundings and if their Commanding Officer was offed then they would charge with Plasma Grenades. Jackals on higher Difficulties are very smart and Charge their Plasma Pistols to take out your shield, and even on regular difficulties when their Shield is broken automatically run to cover, Skirmishers constantly Evade your attacks. Hunters like in most titles can do a large swing, are already pretty difficult and will do a second attack if their first misses. Brutes are like Elites but slightly weaker but are also just as Smart as them. Drones are constantly evading attacks and will dodge and weave. I think Halo Reach has the smartest AI but I could be wrong.
I think reach might have the best a.i., my reasons for reach are that elites use their abilities when they are in a situation they could die or evade to avoid a Needler or needle rifle, same with the brutes who sometimes annoyingly spam armor lock to avoid being super combined, grunts pull out plasma grenades when their leader dies which could result in a explosive bum rush, wraiths know when to boost to get a splatter or back up to shoot and skirmishers move constantly while hunters can sometimes hit you with a surprise swing that doesn't feel cheap like H5's hunters.
Hate to pull this card, but what do you mean by best? What makes the best in your opinion?
Geoffyz wrote:
Hate to pull this card, but what do you mean by best? What makes the best in your opinion?
I meant which game has the smartest enemies, smartest friendlies, etc.
I think Reach. Its like all the errors were taken and all put into a trash bag. Sadly that trash bag drove me off the cliff countless of times on Sword Base. Its a shame they didn't fix the trash bag but that what gave the game its charm. Its nice to see the trash bag get shot in the head though. It just helped in future vehicle missions.

Don't know how they messed up the programming for that AI...

Spoiler:
Show
Reach had only one flaw for some reason the banshes would stuck themselves on buildings
Well, I'm noticing a common ground people have here, Reach had the best A.I because of their usage and understanding of their abilities.
Z3ROtime23 wrote:
Geoffyz wrote:
Ok thanks for clarifying. I would say Halo 5, but that mainly applies to enemies and only applies to friendlies if you use the commands well. And by well I mean you proactively direct your teammates to pick up weapons and attack enemies. The movement commands are useful but in my experience they only work well if you want your teammates to retreat.
In halo reach, the intelligence of the AI was good on the enemies, in my case the AIs of allied soldiers or they betrayed me and even in the Exodus mission the ODST committed suicide.
Geoffyz wrote:
Z3ROtime23 wrote:
Geoffyz wrote:
Ok thanks for clarifying. I would say Halo 5, but that mainly applies to enemies and only applies to friendlies if you use the commands well. And by well I mean you proactively direct your teammates to pick up weapons and attack enemies. The movement commands are useful but in my experience they only work well if you want your teammates to retreat.
No problem dude!
Halo 5. You can actually direct your team to an objective, and they actually go to it.
The enemies also pursue you, so it's much harder to find a place that's safe enough to pause to rest, because they'll reposition to get you.

I place it above Reach because:
Kat can't drive without driving off a cliff, or parking in front of a Fuel Rod.
Emile would be find if he had a DMR, but he's constantly trying to snipe with a shotgun.
I don't have any real complaints about the other three members of Noble Team, but Kat and Emile alone were enough to knock it down a peg.
Difficulty wise halo 5
In order to find the game with the best AI, the best thing to do is to test the AI in controlled situations. Few things that can be characterized by a good AI is the ability to interact with the environment and to respond to different situations.

Without any major testing, my initial feeling is that Halo 5 has the best AI due to there ability to combine long range combat with short range splatters while driving vehicles.
JNDreher wrote:
Halo 5. You can actually direct your team to an objective, and they actually go to it.
The enemies also pursue you, so it's much harder to find a place that's safe enough to pause to rest, because they'll reposition to get you.

I place it above Reach because:
Kat can't drive without driving off a cliff, or parking in front of a Fuel Rod.
Emile would be find if he had a DMR, but he's constantly trying to snipe with a shotgun.
I don't have any real complaints about the other three members of Noble Team, but Kat and Emile alone were enough to knock it down a peg.
I remember that part when I played Reach. I nearly broke my TV from frustration. Hes shooting a freaking shotgun, from 200 feet away, at an elite I think. I mean, WHAT IS THAT.
I think Combat Evolved had the most balanced AI.
The enemy could adapt, were well equipped, and worked as a team.

Halo Reach had an impressive AI, who could adapt to any situation. It’s challenging even on Normal difficulty. They used their equipment perfectly. Reach is coming second on my list because of the brutes. They were too dumb, and hardly a challenge.

Halo 3 ODST would have the third most balanced AI on my list. The brutes were aggressive, but not too aggressive. They were well equipped, and worked as a team.

Halo 2’s AI was too aggressive. The brutes had rabies, and the jackals had aimbot

Halo 3 had the worst AI. The brutes were under expectations...the marines however were probably the best of any other game.
I think Combat Evolved had the most balanced AI.
The enemy could adapt, were well equipped, and worked as a team.

Halo Reach had an impressive AI, who could adapt to any situation. It’s challenging even on Normal difficulty. They used their equipment perfectly. Reach is coming second on my list because of the brutes. They were too dumb, and hardly a challenge.

Halo 3 ODST would have the third most balanced AI on my list. The brutes were aggressive, but not too aggressive. They were well equipped, and worked as a team.

Halo 2’s AI was too aggressive. The brutes had rabies, and the jackals had aimbot

Halo 3 had the worst AI. The brutes were under expectations...the marines however were probably the best of any other game.
I lost count of how many times I played the Tsavo Highway level of Halo 3, and that demolished any modicum of intelligence I could attribute to the Marines in that game. I played that level with the personal challenge to collect as many vehicles as I could (intact, on that last bridge, like a parking lot), which meant parking vehicles where the Marines couldn't get to the driver seat, because I confirmed through several playthroughs, that they will drive straight off a cliff at top speed, even if there aren't any enemies around to shoot at them.
Cortana is cute but i prefer issabel of halo wars 2
I think that Halo Reach had the best in terms of enemies. In Winter Contingency at the end with the Energy Sword Zealot I noticed that he won't pursue you forever if you sprint away and when they took damage they retreated into cover unless you got close, whether it was because of difficulty or just the programming I don't know. On top of that I also noticed that drones would sometimes use hit and run tactics on the higher difficulties, and that grunts would always attack in swarms with grenades and suicide grunts. Unfortunately the friendly AI could use a bit of a reprogramming. Kat constantly driving off of cliffs was a big problem for me. Also, just like FernandoR99 said, the ODST's on Exodus would commit suicide during the Jetpack section of the mission. I feel like Halo 5 did an alright job with the friendly AI. The ability to command them on what weapons they had and where to go was amazing in my opinion. The only problem I had was when you got downed and they ignored everything else to revive you or another downed teammate. I remember on Blue Team when I would get downed by a hunter and despite it being not even two feet from me one of the AI would attempt to revive me and get whacked. So I think Halo Reach has the best enemies but Halo 5 has the best teammates.
Best. Oh geez I don't know. Probably Reach or 5. Most fun -Halo CE
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2