What Halo moments made you feel sad?

OP Orion Crux 9

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
I kind of always felt bad in Halo Wars 2 when my Marine squad was low on health and the Sergeant would say "We've lost a few good men sir...." It's almost as if they knew you were sending them to their deaths. (Reminder the more health you lose, the less marines are in a Squad)

Another is the Marines in Halo 2, "My little brother was on Reach!" all while shooting the dead Elites.
Halo 3. Crows Nest. The barracks.

I feel terrible if I cannot save those marines from the brutes. One marine thrown at a pillar, another begging for his life, and one gets swung over the shoulder and hammered into the ground.
Halo 3. Crows Nest. The barracks.

I feel terrible if I cannot save those marines from the brutes. One marine thrown at a pillar, another begging for his life, and one gets swung over the shoulder and hammered into the ground.
The Arbiter doesn't make me feel any better either "You did what you could" especially on Legendary.
All moments when I'm fighting alongside a marine squad and I see they dying during the fight. Johnson's death was really sad because I liked him and he was one of my favorite characters.
All moments when I'm fighting alongside a marine squad and I see they dying during the fight. Johnson's death was really sad because I liked him and he was one of my favorite characters.
Johnson and Noble Team's death seems to be the top for the community.
There's one moment in particular that has always really messed me up. And credit to John Shirley and his book "Broken Circle" for really pulling me into this scene:
Quote:
Exquisite Devotion brings Zo to a weapons-testing facility, where he has gathered several Sangheili High Councilors in the Gravitational Refinement chamber. He informs Zo that Torg and his Councilors have been executed on the ring for opposing the replacement of the Honor Guard, and he questions Zo's allegiance with these Sangheili and believes him to be a traitor to the Covenant. He also believes that Zo knows the whereabouts of the Arbiter, and to force Zo to confess, he tortures a Sangheili High Councilor by using localized gravitation to slowly crush his body. Though Zo insists he knows nothing of the Arbiter, Exquisite Devotion continues to torture the High Councilor, eventually crushing him to death.
The above is a quote from Halopedia regarding the scene I'm referring to. At some point during this scene, a Sangheili is being essentially flattened like a tube of tooth paste while his son screams in agony for him. It's an incredibly emotional and gruesome scene and I honestly felt sick reading it (mind you, my job has me seeing some pretty messed up stuff on a weekly basis). Nothing has ever come close to the visceral reaction I received from reading this part of "Broken Circle".
*sniff*... sergeant johnson...
The most saddest Part imo is when Cortana turns against humanity and the words of Master Chief can't even reach her ...
The saddest parts were probably 343 killing Johnson or seeing all of Noble team die after you get to know them.
There's one moment in particular that has always really messed me up. And credit to John Shirley and his book "Broken Circle" for really pulling me into this scene:
Quote:
Exquisite Devotion brings Zo to a weapons-testing facility, where he has gathered several Sangheili High Councilors in the Gravitational Refinement chamber. He informs Zo that Torg and his Councilors have been executed on the ring for opposing the replacement of the Honor Guard, and he questions Zo's allegiance with these Sangheili and believes him to be a traitor to the Covenant. He also believes that Zo knows the whereabouts of the Arbiter, and to force Zo to confess, he tortures a Sangheili High Councilor by using localized gravitation to slowly crush his body. Though Zo insists he knows nothing of the Arbiter, Exquisite Devotion continues to torture the High Councilor, eventually crushing him to death.
The above is a quote from Halopedia regarding the scene I'm referring to. At some point during this scene, a Sangheili is being essentially flattened like a tube of tooth paste while his son screams in agony for him. It's an incredibly emotional and gruesome scene and I honestly felt sick reading it (mind you, my job has me seeing some pretty messed up stuff on a weekly basis). Nothing has ever come close to the visceral reaction I received from reading this part of "Broken Circle".
Jeez man....that sounds horrible.
I will choose the ending of Halo 4 as it's a perfect combination of music and the tone of a dialogues to create sad moment. However, the same thing cannot be said about few other character deaths like the death of Cpt. Keyes, Cmdr. Keyes, Sgt. Johnson and the Noble Team members.
I will choose the ending of Halo 4 as it's a perfect combination of music and the tone of a dialogues to create sad moment. However, the same thing cannot be said about few other character deaths like the death of Cpt. Keyes, Cmdr. Keyes, Sgt. Johnson and the Noble Team members.
I liked 117 playing while looking at Earth. Made it feel like a start of a new journey.
losing a warthog full of marines that you worked your -Yoink- of tryng to get through the map.
I, like a lot of others feel that Johnson's death was super sad. Loved that character. He knew what the ladies liked!
buying halo 5 and finding out it didn't have split screen, btb, and forge was disheartening. lore wise, the prelate's story in shadow of intent is pretty sad.
Definitely the times when noble team members died. Yes, reach was my favorite game.
I also think one we forgot was thinking the series was ending with Halo 3. A lot of us thought with the leaks Master Chief really did die until we beat the game on Legendary. Especially since one of the leaks had a memorial with 117 on it.
Whenever Kat took the wheel of my warthog in Halo : Reach.
when johnson died
Whenever Kat took the wheel of my warthog in Halo : Reach.
A many hogs have been driven off the cliff on Sword Bae. R.I.P. Gauss Hog you only survived for 1 mission.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8