Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

What Halo moments made you feel sad?

OP Orion Crux 9

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
The death of Miranda and the Sergeant....
Probably the Halo Infinite trailer, When chief looks out the window and sees the ring broken and we here the words “We Lost” 😔
Three moments really stand out to me: one, it was just recently that I found out that the rookie dies. I really liked him in ODST. Two, when any marine i’ve been working with gets killed and infected by the flood(though I guess that’s more frustration than sadness) and last but not least when Emile dies. “You ready? Cause I am!”. That line just feels really powerful too me.
There are multiple moments that hit me hard, but I'm not sure why Jorge's death hit me the hardest the first time, but by God it did. He was my favorite (no surprise) and it was so sudden. I'm a -Yoink- and ugly sobbed.

The feeling be like: https://i.imgur.com/v9r58UC_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
Halo Wars is full of melancholy.

Maybe not the saddest, but it struck me hard when I had to watch Marines die in Halo Wars when recollecting all four Marine squads on the shield world after they say "One bit me and ran off." A small moment but considering: They fought through the loss of Alpha Base on Harvest, tried to protect and evacuate Arcadia, fought a Type-47 Ultra Heavy Site Excavator (Super Scarab), chased after Anders and then held off the Flood for a long time, just to wait for their inevitable death after being bitten.

Another moment from Halo Wars is the closing of Sergeant Forge's Cryo tube when he isn't there, and just watching it close and show Forge's name, with sadness on Captain Cutter's face.
stebeer85 wrote:
Probably the Halo Infinite trailer, When chief looks out the window and sees the ring broken and we here the words “We Lost” 😔
Yeah...I forget about the Infinite trailer. I have a huge feeling the Infinity was destroyed. That's the only possible thing that I can think of to demoralize someone that badly.
Journey224 wrote:
Halo Wars is full of melancholy.

Maybe not the saddest, but it struck me hard when I had to watch Marines die in Halo Wars when recollecting all four Marine squads on the shield world after they say "One bit me and ran off." A small moment but considering: They fought through the loss of Alpha Base on Harvest, tried to protect and evacuate Arcadia, fought a Type-47 Ultra Heavy Site Excavator (Super Scarab), chased after Anders and then held off the Flood for a long time, just to wait for their inevitable death after being bitten.

Another moment from Halo Wars is the closing of Sergeant Forge's Cryo tube when he isn't there, and just watching it close and show Forge's name, with sadness on Captain Cutter's face.
It's so sad that the Sergeant Forge achievement in Halo Wars 2 "Heroes Never Die" shows his empty Cyrotube. Kind of sad when you really think about it.
stebeer85 wrote:
Probably the Halo Infinite trailer, When chief looks out the window and sees the ring broken and we here the words “We Lost” 😔
Yeah...I forget about the Infinite trailer. I have a huge feeling the Infinity was destroyed. That's the only possible thing that I can think of to demoralize someone that badly.
destroyed? no, no, no. critically damaged, maybe. my guess is that the pilot doesn't actually know what happened to infinity, and is therefore only assuming it's destroyed.
stebeer85 wrote:
Probably the Halo Infinite trailer, When chief looks out the window and sees the ring broken and we here the words “We Lost” 😔
Yeah...I forget about the Infinite trailer. I have a huge feeling the Infinity was destroyed. That's the only possible thing that I can think of to demoralize someone that badly.
destroyed? no, no, no. critically damaged, maybe. my guess is that the pilot doesn't actually know what happened to infinity, and is therefore only assuming it's destroyed.
It's probably heavily damaged at this point. There was a crashed UNSC ship on the shattered part of the ring I don't think it was the Infinity but it was a UNSC ship.
stebeer85 wrote:
Probably the Halo Infinite trailer, When chief looks out the window and sees the ring broken and we here the words “We Lost” 😔
Yeah...I forget about the Infinite trailer. I have a huge feeling the Infinity was destroyed. That's the only possible thing that I can think of to demoralize someone that badly.
destroyed? no, no, no. critically damaged, maybe. my guess is that the pilot doesn't actually know what happened to infinity, and is therefore only assuming it's destroyed.
It's probably heavily damaged at this point. There was a crashed UNSC ship on the shattered part of the ring I don't think it was the Infinity but it was a UNSC ship.
that fits. it was probably a major battle, so more ships then the infinity would have been present.
When ever I play Halo and can't save the UNSC marines or Army troopers, or read Halo and see these cool characters die and you see how the Human-Covenant war is getting progressively worse and you can tell Mankind is getting backed against the wall. They're also cool NPC's and If you keep them alive, it means more soldiers fighting the Covenant, I also hated how players didn't care about these guys.
  • In Halo Combat Evolved when the Master Chief has to kill Keyes.
  • For Halo 2, when the Covenant turns on the Elites.

  • For Halo 3, when Miranda Keyes dies.

  • For Halo 4, when Cortana supposedly dies.
  • For Reach, when each Noble gets killed (except Kat).
  • For Halo 5, when Cortana freezes John and the rest of Blue Team in the Cryptum.
xXMrSpecXx wrote:
  • In Halo Combat Evolved when the Master Chief has to kill Keyes.
Technically, Captain Keyes died by a truly unfortunately flood infection and not questionable medical procedures by Spartan 117.
All Halo Reach made me feel sad to know that our efforts to save the planet were in vain, so many lives were taken so that in the end you can only see how everything goes to hell.
ez2v wrote:
All Halo Reach made me feel sad to know that our efforts to save the planet were in vain, so many lives were taken so that in the end you can only see how everything goes to hell.
This. The fact we, as a player, was playing a game where we knew the ending was inevitiable and thrown into a battle that we knew had no hope of winning, that nothing we do in the game would change the outcome and then to watch almost all your squad die or scrafice themselves and even your own character had to bite the bullet. If that doesn't scream sad I don't know what is. I mean at that time USNC didn't know, but we knew.

Man, knowledge is cursed sometimes.
Tfu12 wrote:
ez2v wrote:
All Halo Reach made me feel sad to know that our efforts to save the planet were in vain, so many lives were taken so that in the end you can only see how everything goes to hell.
This. The fact we, as a player, was playing a game where we knew the ending was inevitiable and thrown into a battle that we knew had no hope of winning, that nothing we do in the game would change the outcome and then to watch almost all your squad die or scrafice themselves and even your own character had to bite the bullet. If that doesn't scream sad I don't know what is. I mean at that time USNC didn't know, but we knew.

Man, knowledge is cursed sometimes.
"Man, knowledge is cursed sometimes." Bro... :c
Crash landing in CE on Halo. Everyone in the lifepod died...
When I shoot someone in the head and it doesn’t register as a headshot
xXMrSpecXx wrote:
  • In Halo Combat Evolved when the Master Chief has to kill Keyes.
  • For Halo 2, when the Covenant turns on the Elites.

  • For Halo 3, when Miranda Keyes dies.

  • For Halo 4, when Cortana supposedly dies.
  • For Reach, when each Noble gets killed (except Kat).
  • For Halo 5, when Cortana freezes John and the rest of Blue Team in the Cryptum.
You mean except Jun he lived.
Crash landing in CE on Halo. Everyone in the lifepod died...
"The others...the impact...there's nothing we could do...." I feel bad for that one Marine who didn't want to die.
When I shoot someone in the head and it doesn’t register as a headshot
Bro....the number 1 reason I don't play H3 as much.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8