2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8
the end of reach with six hit's hard
!Spoiler Alert! Johnson's death pretty much killed me inside and both Captain and Miranda Keyes deaths hurt.
Seeing Noble 6s helmet at the end of Reach and the date was 2589 which shows how long its been.
There's one moment in particular that has always really messed me up. And credit to John Shirley and his book "Broken Circle" for really pulling me into this scene:
Quote:
Exquisite Devotion brings Zo to a weapons-testing facility, where he has gathered several Sangheili High Councilors in the Gravitational Refinement chamber. He informs Zo that Torg and his Councilors have been executed on the ring for opposing the replacement of the Honor Guard, and he questions Zo's allegiance with these Sangheili and believes him to be a traitor to the Covenant. He also believes that Zo knows the whereabouts of the Arbiter, and to force Zo to confess, he tortures a Sangheili High Councilor by using localized gravitation to slowly crush his body. Though Zo insists he knows nothing of the Arbiter, Exquisite Devotion continues to torture the High Councilor, eventually crushing him to death.
The above is a quote from Halopedia regarding the scene I'm referring to. At some point during this scene, a Sangheili is being essentially flattened like a tube of tooth paste while his son screams in agony for him. It's an incredibly emotional and gruesome scene and I honestly felt sick reading it (mind you, my job has me seeing some pretty messed up stuff on a weekly basis). Nothing has ever come close to the visceral reaction I received from reading this part of "Broken Circle".
This is why I want the content of the games to represent the books more. The Halo universe has some very dark and cruel content, except the games. If the games represented some of the book's level of violence and cruelty they would all be M / 18 +

As for the topic at hand. I think Cortana being killed off and brought back made me sad, because they character assassinated a fan favourite imo. That wrong needs to be put right in Halo Infinite.
When Halo 5 released and was pretty bad.

But for real, any time a marine I'm with gets infected by the Flood. If you're well versed with the lore you're aware how horrific of a fate that is, so I'll do my absolute best to protect all allies from the flood. I kind of put a self challenge of saving every marine you can on Floodgate and it took me a while but I managed to do it.
The extinction of the Halo CE's forum clans-communities makes me so sad.
Watching the Warthog at the beginning of Crow's Nest blow up.

Jokes aside, probably (Halo 3 spoiler)
Spoiler:
Show
Hate seeing anyone close to Chief get killed off.
The death of Sgt.Major Johnson, my second favorite character in all of halo, the death of Noble team, even though i knew it was going to happen, and the end of H4. That scene with chief and cortana was so well done i was in shock for days!
pretty much entire ODST soundtrack, it hits you right in the feels
Colt282 wrote:
When Halo 5 released and was pretty bad.

But for real, any time a marine I'm with gets infected by the Flood. If you're well versed with the lore you're aware how horrific of a fate that is, so I'll do my absolute best to protect all allies from the flood. I kind of put a self challenge of saving every marine you can on Floodgate and it took me a while but I managed to do it.
Awakening the Nightmare also had a line referring to how horrific the Flood infection is. Pavium "kill them, they're no longer our brothers."
When the marine that has been with me for awhile dies. Also sad when any marines die, but especially so if they've been fighting with you for a while.
Seeing Noble 6s helmet at the end of Reach and the date was 2589 which shows how long its been.
damn, i never realized that date, hits even harder now
When Forge died in Halo Wars. I found him to be a very likeable character, and his response to Jerome (I think?) about needing every last spartan in the fight really helps you appreciate the dynamic between soldiers and spartans. The spartans viewed themselves as machines because they knew nothing else than to complete their mission; but the other soldiers knew just how valuable each spartan soldier was because of their combat capability. Forge dying was a very tough moment in that story.
arcanepunk wrote:
damn, i never realized that date, hits even harder now
I always felt like that ending was supposed to make us hopeful, we all know how badly planets get glassed, to see one terraformed was nice.
Kat’s death in Reach. It’s so abrupt and it catches you off guard. The immediate return fire and then bringing Kat with you... Then that shot of a smaller Noble Team standing in the city wreckage with Carter holding her lifeless body coupled with the music.

No matter how many times I play Reach I still get a little emotional with every Noble death. I know it’s coming and I still hold out for hope every time.

Maybe I need a therapist?!
Mine would be the end of Reach when the helmet falls and he’s still fighting.
Johnson's death always got me. Still does.
Legitsky wrote:
Johnson's death always got me. Still does.
It still does for most of the old school community also.
For me? Saddest moment was Halo 3's ending.
For me? Saddest moment was Halo 3's ending.
And then Halo 4 cheered you up right bro? :D
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8