Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

What happen to our community.

OP eXoSTINGNETTLE

I have played halo for along time. I used to get on the forums to find people to play with. Now I get on the forums and all I see is people complaining. What happend to our little community that's used to be one of the best in gaming. We used to always have great custom games and tournaments to join. Now all I see "Reason's this game sucks" or " Sprint and why it ruined halo"
Why cant we have a our community back that helped new players learn the game and welcomed everyone to community. We all share a common trait and that is the love of our series.
Long live halo and its community!
We remember the old Halo community very differently.
I have played halo for along time. I used to get on the forums to find people to play with. Now I get on the forums and all I see is people complaining. What happend to our little community that's used to be one of the best in gaming. We used to always have great custom games and tournaments to join. Now all I see "Reason's this game sucks" or " Sprint and why it ruined halo"
Why cant we have a our community back that helped new players learn the game and welcomed everyone to community. We all share a common trait and that is the love of our series.
Because people think change is cancerous

In all honesty 343i did the right thing and added some stuff other FPS have (Like sprint) to appeal to the newer generation because alot of the original halo fans have moved on with life they have jobs and families or just don't feel like video games are the best thing in their lives. I'm sadly the in-between i grew up with Halo 3 and Wars and my age group are probably half of the change haters more than likely (Because once again TONS of halo fans that played CE and 2 when they first released are like in their 20s - 40s right now).

And i agree what happened to all the Halo fans that still play that like changes? Maybe these haters drove them away? idek.

All i know is i just started playing again after a long time with Destiny (I will forever miss you bungie you did make great halo games) lol last time i played was January and what brought me back was the upcoming update with the Wasp (YAY A LESS OP VERSION OF THE HAWK FROM WARS!) Grunt with a mech..., and firefight C:
Reach and Halo 4 happened ...
dgoBites wrote:
Reach and Halo 4 happened ...
Reach and Halo 4 were just fine. Maybe not to you but a game can't stay the same forever or people would complain "Copy and Paste."

In all honesty 343i did the right thing and added some stuff other FPS have (Like sprint) to appeal to the newer generation because alot of the original halo fans have moved on with life they have jobs and families or just don't feel like video games are the best thing in their lives. I'm sadly the in-between i grew up with Halo 3 and Wars and my age group are probably half of the change haters more than likely (Because once again TONS of halo fans that played CE and 2 when they first released are like in their 20s - 40s right now).

And i agree what happened to all the Halo fans that still play that like changes? Maybe these haters drove them away? idek.

All i know is i just started playing again after a long time with Destiny (I will forever miss you bungie you did make great halo games) lol last time i played was January and what brought me back was the upcoming update with the Wasp (YAY A LESS OP VERSION OF THE HAWK FROM WARS!) Grunt with a mech..., and firefight C:
I agree with exactly what you say! I would love to see what we the players that care for the game and are willing to give the game a chance could do to improve our community. I actually took sometime away from the game for the simple fact of "lack of friends" to play with.

People hate sprint so much thinking its cancerous and community has been so toxic now which is annoying.
people complain about call of duty being the same....
they change one thing about halo and the world goes crazy about it.
todays gaming community.
smh
The Halo community has always been divided about certain things, you are imagining a time that never was. It's intellectually dishonest to just pin toxicity on people who don't like how Halo is moving forward. I've seen a plenty of people give constructive feedback either ignored or called conplainers, haters, crybabies, and all manner of insults by people who think the new changes are good. Don't you think that would lead to gridlock and a breakdown of community cohesiveness?

But really, nothing changed.
It's a community. Furthermore, way point is a forum to voice your concerns and complaints. It is also a place where you can voice positive thoughts and praise others, something that lots of people, myself included forget to do a lot. It's just human nature really. We tend to see problems easier than strengths, therefore we voice them more. This happens everywhere in every circle of human society. The old forums were no different