Forums / Community / General Discussion

What happened to Wave 2 of the Mattel Figures?

OP Big Talon256

I remember back in April/August they announced Wave 2 of the 6 inch Halo figures, but after that, they've basically gone silent about it. No pre-order page, and a couple reviews for them. In the comments, the reviewer said that 343 sent them to her and that they're officially coming out soon, and that was in the beginning of November. Is there anything other info on them, like a release date? I was really looking forward to getting them.
They were initially said to be released July 1st 2017, but that obviously didn't happen. There's rumors that they have been delayed and will be coming some time January 2018, however I cannot confirm that.
Thanks, I hope that's the case.
Not just the 6" ones either. It's hard to find any of the new Mega-Construx figures too.
(-_- )
I found the yellow Fotus figure at Toys R Us months ago.
Just now I saw them on eBay and someone out of WI claims to have a Arbiter...1st I've seen that.
I would like to know as well, been searching for months! So far i have both of the exclusive figures, the Fotus armor and the Locus armor ones, but thats it. Can't find any other ones or info on them.
yea i know right!! what happened?
I have no clue, but I personally preferred the mcfarlane figures. Their armor didn't fall off
I have no clue, but I personally preferred the mcfarlane figures. Their armor didn't fall off
I liked the McFarlane figures, but the figures for Halo 4 and onwards didn't have that good of articulation. Still, it's a shame we couldn't have both the McFarlane figures and the Mattel ones for the people that like both.
Lordthrash wrote:
I would like to know as well, been searching for months! So far i have both of the exclusive figures, the Fotus armor and the Locus armor ones, but thats it. Can't find any other ones or info on them.
Hopefully the series hasn't been canceled. I was really looking forward to all the possible characters they could have released.
Lordthrash wrote:
Hopefully the series hasn't been canceled. I was really looking forward to all the possible characters they could have released.
i would have liked to see a red and blue recruit, i like to pose them, take pictures and use them as backgrounds for my phone.
I just saw Mattels 6" Atriox, Vale, and Chief at Wal-Mart in the southeastern US!
They are making their way out slowly. I've heard rumors there are some in the New York area. Apparently us West Coasters will have to wait a while yet :(
I found an Arbiter and Buck at Wal-Mart today...southeast US. No Jerome yet....
I’ve been looking at Walmarts all over California and have found nothing but disappointment.

I don’t know how much more I can take.
I really don't like what's going on with Mattel's control with the Halo line. It's been a YEAR when the Wave 2 figures were announced and no one is selling them either in stores or online. And recently, they showed Wave 3 which I really want to get, especially the H2:A ODST figure. Since they own Mega Construx, I can hardly find the Halo 3 figures and they sell for ridiculous prices from scalpers. I really wish Mcfarlane Toys can regain the Halo license and make more figures, especially finishing up the teams (Alpha-Nine, Blue Team, and Osiris).
I know it has been some time since this post, but I wanted to up date you guys on what I’ve learned since. So much confusion and I’m not sure if I’m right, however, TODAY I found Tanaka and the Gold Elite Warrior (NOT The Arbiter) at a Kmart. They were the only two they had, so I asked if they had anymore / others (hoping for ODST, Promethean Soldier) or some on the way....what they found was they were “discontinued”. They told me that the two I found had been sitting there for a long time. Now The boxes say “Wave 2”, but I’ve heard folks talking about them as “Wave 2.5” and Wave 3”. I’ve noticed Amazon not selling them and saying they did not know IF or WHEN they would have them. I did order some others (ODST and Blue EOD/HAZMAT) with a undetermined wait time. I don’t have a real good feeling about the situation. Happy hunting!
To be fair, what happened to Halo figures in general? Back when Halo 3 was out and Halo Reach and ODST came out, there where so many figures to get. All the characters had their own figures and you could get custom figures for the different armour in the game. Not to mention some figures of enemies. We even got some good figures for Halo 4 looking back.

We didn't really get many figures for Halo 5 and that was a shame. Hopefully, if Halo 6 does really well, more toy lines will want to make Halo figures.