Forums / Community / General Discussion

What is the most satisfying thing to do in Halo?

OP Rhydon65

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
For me, it's sneaking up on an entrenched sniper in multiplayer, and assassinating them. Whenever I get the chance, I like to crouch walk so I can move without tripping the motion sensor. When I come up on a sniper with his back turned, and I slowly creep up on them, it gets my heart racing. And that moment where I end their spree, and they get yanked out of their scope while I stab them, or break their neck, I can't help but imagine the jumpscare I just gave them.

Just the other day I was playing Halo 4, 4V4 slayer on Solace. The other team had a sniper perched on one of the balconies. Not only did I take him out before he could snipe a teammate, but he also had an overshield next to him, which I took for myself. Whenever I manage to pull that sort of thing off, it makes me happy no matter how the match turns out.

That's one of the reasons why I love playing Halo. How about you guys?
Rhydon65 wrote:
For me, it's sneaking up on an entrenched sniper in multiplayer, and assassinating them. Whenever I get the chance, I like to crouch walk so I can move without tripping the motion sensor. When I come up on a sniper with his back turned, and I slowly creep up on them, it gets my heart racing. And that moment where I end their spree, and they get yanked out of their scope while I stab them, or break their neck, I can't help but imagine the jumpscare I just gave them.

Just the other day I was playing Halo 4, 4V4 slayer on Solace. The other team had a sniper perched on one of the balconies. Not only did I take him out before he could snipe a teammate, but he also had an overshield next to him, which I took for myself. Whenever I manage to pull that sort of thing off, it makes me happy no matter how the match turns out.

This is easily one if the more satisfying things to do
Shooting Grunts with an assault rifle in Combat Evolved. It does not. Get. Boring. I hope Infinite will take a lot of inspiration from Combat Evolved.
It doesn't feel the same in the games since Reach but driving a mongoose through the battlefield without dying and also up into buildings and onto scaffoldings like on Boneyard in BTB and then splattering a sniper while listening to "Danger Zone". That is one of the greatest achievements of my Reach career. Also having a broken off machine gun turret in Brains (Halo 3: infection), its almost always a good time.
Probably getting a reversal 5
Shooting grunts with a pistol with grunt birthday party on.
Shooting grunts with a pistol with grunt birthday party on.
If we could get birthday party for headshots of Spartans that would be so awesome. My favorite things or getting a Showstopper (killing someone that is assassinating a teammate), or starkiller (killing someone doing a ground pound) or killing someone that just Spartan charged me (or tried) killing him and walking away like a boss.
Getting assassinations
Rhydon65 wrote:

I do like to do this but, I have assassinations disabled. So, when I back smack them I take the sniper look at their bodies and shake my head. Occasionally I'll shoot their body..... with the sniper.
Finding new ways to approach each level. I played The Storm from Halo 3 a dozen times before I realized I could take an elevator up some scaffolding and snipe Covenant forces on the Scarab. Finding the little hiding spots and different angles on each level makes the play throughs more unique each time.
I'm not too good at Halo. I would say I'm above average, so I don't have many Running Riots in Halo 5. I always get so close but then I choke! But when I do get one, it feels amazing!
For me it’s have the skull on that makes grunts explode. Fine a large group. Kill one. And watch the chain reaction. And pray they don’t some sailing at me and kill me haha
fire and get kills with certain weapons. usually because of the way they look and sound.
weapons that are satisfying to me:
  • h2/h2a pistol
  • odst pistol
  • h2a br
  • h2 carbine
  • h2a sniper
  • hce assault rifle
  • blood of suban (really fun to go on killing sprees with this thing)
and also sticking a full warthog with a plasma grenade, which is most fun in halo 3.
fire and get kills with certain weapons. usually because of the way they look and sound.
  • h2/h2a pistol
  • odst pistol
  • h2a br
  • h2 carbine
  • h2a sniper
  • hce assault rifle
and also sticking a full warthog with a plasma grenade, which is most fun in halo 3.
Oh yeah. That's one of the reasons why I love using Promethean weapons in Halo 4. Even though they can be wonky or just less effective than their counterparts, they just look and sound so freaking cool. The Suppressor is one of my all time favorites.
Shooting Grunts with an assault rifle in Combat Evolved. It does not. Get. Boring. I hope Infinite will take a lot of inspiration from Combat Evolved.
Throw on the Boom, Grunt Funeral and Pinata skulls on, it never gets old.

Cheers,
Brad h
Rhydon65 wrote:
  • h2/h2a pistol
  • odst pistol
  • h2a br
  • h2 carbine
  • h2a sniper
  • hce assault rifle
Oh yeah. That's one of the reasons why I love using Promethean weapons in Halo 4. Even though they can be wonky or just less effective than their counterparts, they just look and sound so freaking cool. The Suppressor is one of my all time favorites.
oh yeah, I forgot to mention the halo 4 suppressor. never really seemed effective but boy did it make a fun sound.
I'd have to say getting compliments about my driving. I have a very specific driving strategy and I pride myself on being good at it. When gunners give good feedback it feels great.
Mine had to be training new recruits on Halo 4 and taking them all on at once by myself (thank god for active camouflage) while the others observed. one time I had to get crafty with the camouflage, I’d hide out and figure their patterns now that was interesting 1v6 is difficult but not if you know how to out smart your opponents. My secret to it was keep an eye on your motion radar that’s the only way to truly know where your enemies are, and most recruits I got never did so I had the upper hand of being able to watch my radar and camouflage. I got two with an assassination the other four well let’s just say they learned quicker then I expected but never underestimate an enemy with the Assault rifle and Shotgun, Because now he’s got mid range and close range covered I took out one as soon as I could with the assault rifle and retreated to a more secure position and waited for the other three to bunch up and come looking for me, which almost happened but they split up with two together and one alone so I decided to take the two out with the shotty first and decided to try and mess with the final survivor for a bit which is always stupid to do because then you teach them some of your tricks. But luckily for me he didn’t catch on that I was waiting for him to go under this platform I was on and it was a mighty fine win sadly 3 recruits quit because they thought I wouldn’t teach them how to play like that, which everyone in my Clan got to know my techniques and styles of play from me training and giving pointers, now I got 3 capable rivals and all have moved on to new clans or made their own and I’m glad I can call them friends rivals and enemies at times because it gets boring without a decent challenge here and there am I wrong about that?
Getting a plasma stick
Lawndarting enemy Spartans. Assassinations are my favorite thing to do in Halo next to warthog runs (I load up MCC just to do those, fun in Warzone too.).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4