Forums / Community / General Discussion

What is the most satisfying thing to do in Halo?

OP Rhydon65

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Cody15x wrote:
Sirron1995 wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
When I get a sick ninja
To be honest, I was able to do those in Halo 3 days but now it's hard for me because my skill is no longer there.
The thruster pack does make it easier in Halo 5
Maybe I just need to practice it or something, I just play too casual.
Completing commendations
Personally, I think hitting a phat laser kill is one of the best parts of Halo. That and completing a solo legendary run on any of the games.
When I get a "Perfect" with a BR or pistol in halo 5. The sound of the last bullet hit is an orgasm.
Completing commendations
You sir are a trooper, that is a first that I have heard of anyone enjoying them. Personally I am not a fan.
Sirron1995 wrote:
Completing commendations
You sir are a trooper, that is a first that I have heard of anyone enjoying them. Personally I am not a fan.
Thanks for the complement, but I don't see myself as a "trooper", rather an "Achievement Hunter". I like to grind and be rewarded for doing things.
Sirron1995 wrote:
Completing commendations
Thanks for the complement, but I don't see myself as a "trooper", rather an "Achievement Hunter". I like to grind and be rewarded for doing things.
I'm on the same boat, but haven't really grinded on specific medals. In fact, my multiplayer efforts come in spurts due to work related schedules which actually affects my internet reliability.

But yeah, playing towards a specific achievement, daily challenge, or medal makes me approach the game differently. In fact, its one if my top reasons for enjoying the Halo franchise, between the campaign, multiplayer, firefight aspects of 9 games, the variety of gameplay is endless. And I didn't even include customs.

Now you have me thinking medals...

Cheers,
Brad
Sirron1995 wrote:
Completing commendations
Oh so do I, as for Halo 4 though you have really dumb ones like Mongoose Destroyer, like who can actually get that legitimate and not want to pull hairs out? That is what I am saying. Heck they even brought it in Halo 5 and I ask why they did. Or lest not forget Getting commando armor in either completing Infection or Dominion, I think don't quote me. Its such a chore on getting Infection wins, and yes this is coming from a person that isn't that great at it. Luckly I got Dominion. So getting achievements in that sense is more of an award than getting commendations. But on the flip side of that coin, you have dumb ones in that area like Getting an airborne kill, on a certain map, in a warthog. Thank God that they gave the achievements out because I tried to get it multiple times, it becomes even a running joke between me and my friend who tried helping me and mind you in that same game he got it and I didn't. I was happy for him sure but also kind of salty because I have been working my butt off for it. And as for reference that is from Halo 4 or lets put Halo 3, getting a double kill with the spartan laser. I literally could not get it by luck so I went to Rumble on Ranked, demoted myself to find people trying to get it. It sounds like I am arguing with you but as you can see I have a lot of bad experiences. I like challanges but not ones that it seems luck is the only way to get it.
Rhydon65 wrote:
For me, it's sneaking up on an entrenched sniper in multiplayer, and assassinating them. Whenever I get the chance, I like to crouch walk so I can move without tripping the motion sensor. When I come up on a sniper with his back turned, and I slowly creep up on them, it gets my heart racing. And that moment where I end their spree, and they get yanked out of their scope while I stab them, or break their neck, I can't help but imagine the jumpscare I just gave them.

Just the other day I was playing Halo 4, 4V4 slayer on Solace. The other team had a sniper perched on one of the balconies. Not only did I take him out before he could snipe a teammate, but he also had an overshield next to him, which I took for myself. Whenever I manage to pull that sort of thing off, it makes me happy no matter how the match turns out.

That's one of the reasons why I love playing Halo. How about you guys?
Probably ending someones kill streak on you, then getting an overkill yourself. Yes, ive done that before and its amazing.
Sirron1995 wrote:
Sirron1995 wrote:
Completing commendations
Oh so do I, as for Halo 4 though you have really dumb ones like Mongoose Destroyer, like who can actually get that legitimate and not want to pull hairs out? That is what I am saying. Heck they even brought it in Halo 5 and I ask why they did. Or lest not forget Getting commando armor in either completing Infection or Dominion, I think don't quote me. Its such a chore on getting Infection wins, and yes this is coming from a person that isn't that great at it. Luckly I got Dominion. So getting achievements in that sense is more of an award than getting commendations. But on the flip side of that coin, you have dumb ones in that area like Getting an airborne kill, on a certain map, in a warthog. Thank God that they gave the achievements out because I tried to get it multiple times, it becomes even a running joke between me and my friend who tried helping me and mind you in that same game he got it and I didn't. I was happy for him sure but also kind of salty because I have been working my butt off for it. And as for reference that is from Halo 4 or lets put Halo 3, getting a double kill with the spartan laser. I literally could not get it by luck so I went to Rumble on Ranked, demoted myself to find people trying to get it. It sounds like I am arguing with you but as you can see I have a lot of bad experiences. I like challanges but not ones that it seems luck is the only way to get it.
I read all of that and I'd like to say thank you. If you ever need assistance, whether campaign, arena, or warzone, you call me.
Sirron1995 wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
Sirron1995 wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
When I get a sick ninja
To be honest, I was able to do those in Halo 3 days but now it's hard for me because my skill is no longer there.
Practice is what separates the noobs from the pros.
I like exploring the levels in Campaign. I like to see if there are any hidden paths or secrets. Halo 2 was great for this.
NEXUS NX wrote:
I like exploring the levels in Campaign. I like to see if there are any hidden paths or secrets. Halo 2 was great for this.
I like to do this as well. Playing a Campaign mission differently than how you did last time is always a fun experience for me.
Sirron1995 wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
Sirron1995 wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
When I get a sick ninja
Practice is what separates the noobs from the pros.
Ok so let me get this straight, whether you are being genunily nice of help me out or you reek of sarcasim, I checked your profile and you havent touched Halo 4 on it or Halo 5 which I out number you as far as commendations go, heck I would go as far as saying achievements which I have all of them in each game. Again to prove my point, separating noobs from pros I would say respectfully that your in more work than I am when it comes to that. If you would of put in the actual work I would gave you props where props is deserved. But i wouldn't be making claims that you can't back up. Just to save you trouble in the future :)
Venting fools out airlocks in custom games. You might think I'm joking, I'm not.
NEXUS NX wrote:
I like to do this as well. Playing a Campaign mission differently than how you did last time is always a fun experience for me.
One of the reasons I enjoy the Reach commendations which were divided by campaign, firefight and multiplayer. Just grinding on those make me play differently and yeah the exploration.

Cheers,
Brad
I would have to say HANDS DOWN the most satisfying thing to do in any and all halo games is (after completing the campaign solo on legendary) playing again on easy and passing the game without firing a single round or throwing a single grenade. Just pistol whip and spartan charge every single enemy. There should seriously be an achievement award for doing this.
I would have to say HANDS DOWN the most satisfying thing to do in any and all halo games is (after completing the campaign solo on legendary) playing again on easy and passing the game without firing a single round or throwing a single grenade. Just pistol whip and spartan charge every single enemy. There should seriously be an achievement award for doing this.
Challanges are really cool to do. Ever tried Mythic Difficulty? Or Laso for the correct term?
It's always the best feeling when I'm able to sneak up on a player and get an assassination because I love the animations they feel so good.
for me i would say head-shots, assassinations and killing sprees on infection
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4