Forums / Community / General Discussion

[Locked] What is your controversial Halo-related opinion?

OP sloppyjoelover

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I imagine this gets asked fairly often, but what's your most unpopular opinion about the Halo series? Mine is probably this: Halo 4's multiplayer, despite its abundance of flaws, is still really enjoyable IMO. It might just be because I'm a filthy casual player, but despite the balancing issues, poor skill gap and other flaws I've still had a lot of fun with the few matches I've played.
Halo 3 is overrated.
^ this, the be honest, is exactly the same for me
Gonna go with the mods on this one: Halo 3 is overrated. I've made that statement many many many many times, and I have no qualms with repeating it.
Couple other ones cause why not:
  • I think the Protos Scarab looks better than the Deuteros
  • I like a good bit of Halo 5's story elements (Cortana being evil, the Prometheans, etc.), but not all of em
  • Sprint and armor abilities are fine and I will have no qualms if they are kept (or if they are removed)
  • Halo 4's story is not as bad as it was made out to be on launch (it is my firm belief that the reception to Halo 4, even if it wasn't necessarily story related, ultimately resulted in Halo 5 as we know it today)
  • Halo 6 will not be received well by the Halo community because the community itself will not allow it (I can go further into this if you wish)
  • I am not interested in any of the Halo novels. If they were to cease production or if 343 were to go Disney and retcon them, I would be perfectly fine with it.
And that's about it.
Wait it can't be overrated if the next 5 people say "agreed" can it?
Bulbaby wrote:
It's still the majority opinion. Just cause the majority opinion here on this thread is that it's overrated doesn't mean most others feel the same way too.
Never had a controversial view but after reading this thread I guess my controversy would be that I liked Halo 3.
Wraith0912 wrote:
Bulbaby wrote:
It's still the majority opinion. Just cause the majority opinion here on this thread is that it's overrated doesn't mean most others feel the same way too.
It's a joke whoops, but you're right.

I guess my other controversial opinion is that Halo 4 has the 2nd best soundtrack.
Bulbaby wrote:
Wraith0912 wrote:
Bulbaby wrote:
It's a joke whoops, but you're right.

I guess my other controversial opinion is that Halo 4 has the 2nd best soundtrack.
Yeah I also really loved the H4 soundtrack, Idk if I'd say it's 2nd best but overall it's pretty great. Especialy compared to H5's, which was pretty meh imo.
Halo 3 Overrated like posts above.
Halo: Reach is absolutely the worse Halo ever made. Despite that, I've played it for over 900 hours. One of my most played, if not still my most played, Halo and video game ever. It's partially redeemed by its incredible Forge Mode, Custom Games and a solid musical score.

Halo 2's multiplayer isn't as good as Halo 3; Halo 3 is a masterpiece, regardless of its problems.

Halo 3: ODST is boring, lackluster, and is only redeemed by its fantastic musical score and occasional action scenes.
  • Halo 3 is the weakest of the original trilogy in pretty much all areas.
  • Reach's campaign was mediocre at best.
  • Reach's customization is overrated; Halo 4 did it better.
  • Osiris is twenty times more interesting than Noble... wait, no, anything times zero is still zero... so... I'll just leave it as Osiris is significantly more interesting than Noble.
  • 343's interpretation of Halo's art style is fine outside of a few things.
  • Bungie sucked at making realistic designs.
  • Dual-wielding is stupid and should only come back as an option for Custom Games.
  • Spoiler:
    Show
Wraith0912 wrote:
Gonna go with the mods on this one: Halo 3 is overrated. I've made that statement many many many many times, and I have no qualms with repeating it.
Couple other ones cause why not:
  • I think the Protos Scarab looks better than the Deuteros
  • I like a good bit of Halo 5's story elements (Cortana being evil, the Prometheans, etc.), but not all of em
  • Sprint and armor abilities are fine and I will have no qualms if they are kept (or if they are removed)
  • Halo 4's story is not as bad as it was made out to be on launch (it is my firm belief that the reception to Halo 4, even if it wasn't necessarily story related, ultimately resulted in Halo 5 as we know it today)
  • Halo 6 will not be received well by the Halo community because the community itself will not allow it (I can go further into this if you wish)
  • I am not interested in any of the Halo novels. If they were to cease production or if 343 were to go Disney and retcon them, I would be perfectly fine with it.
And that's about it.
I actually agree with you on evil Cortana to an extent, I think it could create a lot of emotional conflict for Chief since he'll effectively be left with no option than to hunt down and kill one of his only true friends and partner of several years. Mind you, we didn't really get much if this in Halo 5, I'm hoping they maybe put greater emphasis on it in H6.
Halo 4's campaign is fantastic, almost on par with the original trilogy. It's really unfortunate though that because of the disappointing forge and multiplayer, the good quality of the campaign is overlooked and dismissed.
Not sure if I have one.
Halo 2= 7/10
Honestly, I don't even know where to begin.
Halo 3 is overrated and The Flood is the best book.
(please don't hurt me)
Here are my unpopular opinions:
  • Playable Elites are kind of dumb. I wouldn't mind if Halo 6 included the option to play as an Elite, but I don't really want it either, and I would never play as one. They're just too ugly.
  • There should be some form of professional Halo esports that includes vehicle play. Perhaps some BTB tournaments with million dollar prize pools. Not replacing the current esports stuff, mind you, just adding that to it. I had a discussion with someone about it recently, and they were basically trying to tell me including vehicle play is a bad idea because Halo esports should only cater to who it already caters to, while simultaneously pretending to care about viewership numbers 🤔
  • I'd rather fight Prometheans than Flood
  • Dual wielding is dumb
Even though I started with it, Halo CE is the weakest in the trilogy in almost every way. Other than that I can't think of anything. I really enjoyed all of Bungies halos for what they are. Assuming not liking 343s campaigns is still considered a popular opinion. (It's hard to tell anymore)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4