Forums / Community / General Discussion

[Locked] What is your controversial Halo-related opinion?

OP sloppyjoelover

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Chimera30 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Playable elites aren't necessary, quite happy for dinos to remain extinct
Did you make a typo here? Elites are necessary but you’re happy for them to stay gone?
Fixed
343 should go back to making games for fun. Make games for the love of it and tell the bean counters and businessmen where to stick their cunning plans for market domination and the fast buck.

It's about the story. It's about the characters. It's about devious, frustrating AI opponents and level design during the campaign and a good, full raft of extras for our buds in multiplayer to get excited over as part of the original package. It's about feeling you've achieved something after defeating hordes of baddies and feeling like you've saved the universe one more time like a boss.

Give the suits the big E and you'll get your fan base back. MIC dropped. :)
MACART763 wrote:
343 should go back to making games for fun. Make games for the love of it and tell the bean counters and businessmen where to stick their cunning plans for market domination and the fast buck.

It's about the story. It's about the characters. It's about devious, frustrating AI opponents and level design during the campaign and a good, full raft of extras for our buds in multiplayer to get excited over as part of the original package. It's about feeling you've achieved something after defeating hordes of baddies and feeling like you've saved the universe one more time like a boss.

This isn't really a controversial opinion but yeah you're 100% right pretty much
MACART763 wrote:

This isn't really a controversial opinion but yeah you're 100% right pretty much
Appreciated.
Halo 5 is overrated.they actually made ur Shields weaker as hell in multiplayer.and halo reach the ending garbage.they cldve made it so Noble six still shot down the big covenant ship and still make it to the pillar of autumn.but otherwise the halo series is awesome
stckrboy wrote:
Halo 3 is overrated.
^ this, the be honest, is exactly the same for me
I agree, halo 3 is overrated. Everyone says its the greatest thing ever created but no one plays it
Lots still play Halo 3, including myself. That's incorrect.
I think its one of the greatest games ever made, but not the greatest game.
stckrboy wrote:
Halo 3 is overrated.
^ this, the be honest, is exactly the same for me
I agree, halo 3 is overrated. Everyone says its the greatest thing ever created but no one plays it
Lots still play Halo 3, including myself. That's incorrect.
I think its one of the greatest games ever made, but not the greatest game.
Obviously wasn't meaning no one in a literal sense. but everyone I know talks about halo 3 being so much better than halo 5 but they still get on halo 5 everyday rather than halo 3. Halo 3 is only popular cause people played it with their friends from school and such, they still have all those memories left. Halo 5 being many years later cant give them that same feeling.
Halo 4 is the best Halo game of the series.

Bungie should never ever have revealed Noble 6's gender.

Commander Palmer is awesome.

Cortana loved John, and John, while not wanting to admit it, was starting to fall in love with Cortana.

Reclaimer Cortana is not Cortana from Halo 1-4. She's a fragment left over from the fight against the Didact.
Oh God, where I do I begin?
  1. I like Halo 5's campaign a lot.
  2. I want microtransactions in Halo 6 (very limited though, and I have some ideas on this).
  3. I like Spartan Strike's campaign more than Halo Wars'.
  4. The Didact is cool.
  5. Overall, while I like the story and characters, I don't like Halo 2's campaign very much.
  6. Bungie's art style is only slightly better than 343's.
  7. I like Isabel more than Halo 4's Cortana.
  8. I like Spartan Palmer.
  9. I prefer the newer movement to the old movement.
  10. I prefer Warzone Firefight to the OG firefight.
  11. I like new Breakout as much as old Breakout.
  12. My favorite vehicle in the whole franchise is the Mantis.
  13. Super Fiesta is by far the best social playlist.
Aww, man, I could do this all day!
Halo Reach and its AOL Dial-up lag.
Halo 5 is my most played Halo, though that may be due to it being my "real" Halo, where in that I am playing the game when it comes out and not like 2 years after. If that doesn't count..

• My controversial Opinion is that I prefer the 343 Forerunner look to the Bungie look. Nothing against the Bungie look, but the newer designs are more futuristic and feel more awe inspiring.
  • I like the Tracer armor set in Halo 5 (at least the body).
  • I thought Halo 5's level design was fun.
  • Halo 4 had a great story.
  • MT's are better then paid DLC (if done right)
Chief, Noble6, and Rookie are all -Yoink- characters and narrative black holes. Chiefs most interesting characteristic to date is the fact that he's lucky.

Locke could have been the savior of the halo narrative, but was mishandled. Losing the voice actor before H5 was recorded may have hurt too. Although Amadi did a swell job I can't help but suspect Colter leaving changed some things.
Reclaimer Cortana is not Cortana from Halo 1-4. She's a fragment left over from the fight against the Didact.
I was under the impression that this was pretty much canon. Well, technically I think she's supposed to be a collection of fragments, but that's close enough for me.
Ok so here we go...
  • I call halo 5 call of halo guardians now so...um yeah
  • I think halo 4 was the absolute all time worst in all of gaming history
  • Halo 3 forge was unenjoyable and really wasn't anything special
  • Halo CE had the worst campaign Imo (I don't know if it's the retro graphics that ruin it or what it just feels...off)
  • I like Locke more than chief ( yes I said it I spelled Locke with a capital L and chief with a lower case "c" that's right
These are my controversial opinions I know somebodys gonna hate that last one lol
Rakunz Boi wrote:
Ok so here we go...
  • I call halo 5 call of halo guardians now so...um yeah
  • I think halo 4 was the absolute all time worst in all of gaming history
  • Halo 3 forge was unenjoyable and really wasn't anything special
  • Halo CE had the worst campaign Imo (I don't know if it's the retro graphics that ruin it or what it just feels...off)
  • I like Locke more than chief ( yes I said it I spelled Locke with a capital L and chief with a lower case "c" that's right
These are my controversial opinions I know somebodys gonna hate that last one lol
My main problem with halo 5 is the armor custumization, there is WAY to many armors and helmets that look like a 5 year old had drawn them. some look like my fishbowl. but there is some decent armors out there, but some don't match as a set and look weird.
My controversial Halo opinion is that whatever happened in the franchise storyline is all part of the TacSim.
Eldrunner wrote:
My main problem with halo 5 is the armor custumization, there is WAY to many armors and helmets that look like a 5 year old had drawn them. some look like my fishbowl. but there is some decent armors out there, but some don't match as a set and look weird.
I don't think that's controversial at all. In fact I think pretty much everyone who played Halo 5 would agree with this
the TacSim.
The what?
@Nate00000000000, ask the collegues, alternatively Google be ur friend. But to keep it short, this is all lie. Something to keep people busy with and about, a circus of some sort, but more of a practical natured one. Simply a projection in a simulator.
Halo 4 has the best story
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4