What is your favorite quote?

OP Thel Vadam4201

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
What is you favorite quote from any of the Halo games? I personally don't because there are SO many good ones to choose from but if I had to narrow it down a little, it would probably be something Rtas, Thel, or Johnson said.
"We shall cut into the heart of this infestation, retrieve the Icon, and burn any flood that stand in our way!"
"Time to throw a pineapple party!"
- Chips
"Were it so easy"

Spoken by Thel Vadam on two occasions with two entirely different meanings. And that's what makes it my favorite. That line cemented in my mind why Keith David was such a perfect actor for the role. He delivered the line both times exactly as they should be. The first time he was challenging the Chief almost. Telling him a fight to the death would be far more difficult than the Chief would assume. Like Thel was a brand new ally, and the alliance was so young that it could die with a single incorrect word or action.

Contrast that with the second time it was spoken. You feel a hopeful pain in Thel's voice. He's in pain because he's lost a brother in arms, but hopeful because he knows there's a chance the Chief is still alive. Perhaps his old beliefs about the Chief being a demon are still allowing him to believe that the Chief is incapable of dying. Perhaps he's just not ready to let go.

Sorry for the long rant. But I can go on for a long time about why this is probably the best line in the entire franchise.
"Were it so easy"

Spoken by Thel Vadam on two occasions with two entirely different meanings. And that's what makes it my favorite. That line cemented in my mind why Keith David was such a perfect actor for the role. He delivered the line both times exactly as they should be. The first time he was challenging the Chief almost. Telling him a fight to the death would be far more difficult than the Chief would assume. Like Thel was a brand new ally, and the alliance was so young that it could die with a single incorrect word or action.

Contrast that with the second time it was spoken. You feel a hopeful pain in Thel's voice. He's in pain because he's lost a brother in arms, but hopeful because he knows there's a chance the Chief is still alive. Perhaps his old beliefs about the Chief being a demon are still allowing him to believe that the Chief is incapable of dying. Perhaps he's just not ready to let go.

Sorry for the long rant. But I can go on for a long time about why this is probably the best line in the entire franchise.
dude, Keith David is awesome. I agree with you 100%.

EDIT: Hey guys, going off topic here but please visit this forum.
Favorite is:
Quote:
Were it so easy.
An honorable mention is:
Quote:
Dear Humanity...
We regret being alien -Yoinks!-. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy--Yoink- fleet!
OOH-RAH!
Marine: Your girlfriend said to wait here, you coming or what?

Chief: She’s an AI.

Cortana: Nice...

Not in the game I know, but I found it hilarious.
Spam8358 wrote:

If only this was in a game
Spam8358 wrote:

If only this was in a game
I know right 😂 technically it should be during metropolis in Halo 2, sounds like a job for mod makers to me
"A bloody fate awaits you and the rest of your incompetent race, and I, Tartarus, Chieftain of the Brutes will send you to it." -Tartarus, Halo 2

He's such a great villain and representation of the brutes and this moment in Halo 2's story is just... wow.
I like this one a lot: "Halo. Its' divine wind will rush through the stars, propelling all who are worthy along the path to salvation."

It is not quite a favourite, but I've given up on picking favourites as I can never settle for just one. Anyway, as might be evident from my choosing of this quote, I am indeed a devout believer in the Great Journey. Salvation for all!
“We’re not going to make it!”
”We’ll make it...”
“PULL UP PULL UP”
*Crashing noises*
This one's my fav quote:
An honorable mention is:
Quote:
Dear Humanity...
We regret being alien -Yoinks!-. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy--Yoink- fleet!
HOO-RAH!
Tis the first line I thought of when thinking of a quote too.
Halo dialogue has sucked since Halo 2. We can't even blame 343 on this one either. CE had an excuse. Small budget and MS had no idea Halo would solidify their place in the gaming industry. After CE's success, there was no reason not to write these games on the same level as the best war movies. Honestly, I love Joe Staten, but he probably contributed to the scripts sounding like they were written by some middle school incel Firefly fanfiction club. The butchering of military terminology has been inexcusable as well. It's like they just consulted the one dude at Bungie who served one three year enlistment contract as a cook. To be fair, Halo was always targetting the 10-14-year-old age range, regardless of the initial M ratings.
Hm, I remember a similar thread but anyways mine is probably: "I'm ready! How 'bout you?!"
“We’re not going to make it!”
”We’ll make it...”
“PULL UP PULL UP”
*Crashing noises*
You did that on purpose, didnt you
You're on your own Noble, Carter out
... - Rookie
"Did you miss me?"
“Betcha can’t stick it”
“I’m ready how about you”
“Well this sucks I’m going north”-random halo 3 grunt
"Sir, Finishing This Fight."