Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

What is your favorite soundtrack of the saga?

OP itsUw

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
That's a hard decision. ODST is my all time favorite Halo soundtrack, with Halo 2 and Reach right behind it.
I am tied between halo 2 and 3
tsassi wrote:
I think Halo 2 has the best soundtrack. The main reason I prefer that over, say, Halo CE or ODST—which in my books are the best after Halo 2—is that it comes with so much variety. You can pretty much take any piece from the soundtrack, then take another piece, and they will sound completely unique. The spectrum of emotions found from the soundtrack varies from the upbeat tone of Peril to the melancholic tone of Heavy Price Paid, and to the distressful tone of Ancient Machine. And rather than just relying heavily on one musical style like the later soundtracks have, it really experiments with different styles.

The Halo 2 soundtrack is the polar opposite of the issues the Halo 5 soundtrack suffers from, which are monotonousness and sounding too generic. I believe Marty's music holds a lot more lessons than just "the classic tunes" that 343i could learn from, and I think Halo 2 embodies a lot of that.

Edit: also, I think you mean Gregorian chants.
This.
The H2 Volume 2 is especially good if you ask me. Its more atmospheric, and it has Epilogue. If there's one song in the entire series that punches your emotions in the gut, its Epilogue. CE, 3, Reach and ODST are fine as well. I don't really think there is a single 'bad' soundtrack in any of the games. I do feel Halo Wars is often unjustly overlooked, as it is a very nice twist on the major themes of Halo soundtracks. And H4/5 are somewhat...anonymous among the entire batch.

The H2 soundtrack is one of the main reasons why I feel H2 is the best in the series.
  1. Halo 3 ODST
  2. Halo 2A
  3. Halo Reach
  4. Halo 4
Halo 4 had an awesome soundtrack, but was underrated due to what fans called, “poor gameplay”
Thats a cool point of view. And i agree. I feel like the music was good, but not noticed due to other apects of the game. Listening to the soundtrack alone, its pretty good. It just to me didnt stand out at times when i played.

I dont think i have a favorite sound track, just a playlist of hits across all games.
Regice554 wrote:
Halo 4 had an awesome soundtrack, but was underrated due to what fans called, “poor gameplay”
Thats a cool point of view. And i agree. I feel like the music was good, but not noticed due to other apects of the game. Listening to the soundtrack alone, its pretty good. It just to me didnt stand out at times when i played.

I dont think i have a favorite sound track, just a playlist of hits across all games.
Yea same, Halo 4’s was only my favourite because of the Mantis theme with Master Chief theme with it. Halo 2, 3, and 5 also had really good tracks, but still had some bad ones
Halo 2 remastered
Halo: Combat Evolved, it was the one that started it all.
Halo 2, Hale: CEA
Halo 3: ODST <3
Halo 4 is my favorite without a doubt
Halo 3 ODST, Halo Spartan Assault, and Halo Spartan Strike are good ones in my opinion.
High Charity Suite.
Never forget halo 3, requiem halo 4, breath breaking Benjamin halo 2.
Any of the Bungie Era soundtracks when Marty was composing the music. I'm split between Halo CE and ODST
Halo 2 or ODST definitely.
ODST is definitely my favorite, it just sends the whole noir feel home.

Halo 2 is a close second. I really enjoyed Incubus, Steve Vai, Breaking Benjamin, and Hoobastank all contributing the soundtrack.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2