Forums / Community / General Discussion

What is your Halo-related unpopular opinion?

OP Rhydon65

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Do you have any particular opinions about Halo that you think are unpopular? If so, why do you think it's unpopular, and why do you go against the grain?

Mod edit: Just a friendly reminder that this is a thread to post your unpopular opinions - not to argue with others or tell them their opinions are wrong.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Do you have any particular opinions about Halo that you think are unpopular? If so, why do you think it's unpopular, and why do you go against the grain?
Halo 5s multiplayer is not fun and is not the best in the series.i prefer the 2 and 3 classic style of play
Rhydon65 wrote:
Halo 3 is not as good as players seem to remember imo. It's field of view makes it feel very slow, and that feeling of slow is worse when returning to it from Halo 5. It's a terrible example of "classic" Halo imo.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Elites are overrated. They're basically Klingons with funny jaws, and there is far less to them than fans tend to think.
My opinion on the evolving mechanics of Halo, is quite unpopular.
While i love 1,2,3,Reach and Halo 4 to my hearts content, i also see the massive changes to mechanics in Halo 5, as a good thing rather than a bad thing.
I like the spartan abilities and the layer of gameplay they add.

I see it is an evolution to the franchise, despite the fact it came in during the period of most games getting fast-paced movement.
Didn't... didn't this thread already happen?

Edit: Yep.
Halo 3 is slow, clunky and honestly not the best Halo game out there.
Dual wielding, unless very carefully tuned, breaks balance and shouldn't return.
Sprint is actually ok in Halo

Also, stealing a quote from Sam:
Quote:
Just a friendly reminder that this is a thread to post your unpopular opinions - not to argue with others or tell them their opinions are wrong.
Halo 5's multiplayer is the best of the series, Halo 3's story wasn't actually that good, Sprint isn't really that big of a deal.
Blood Gultch, Valhalla and other maps of that style are by far the worst and most over-played maps in the entire franchise.
Halo Reach has one of the worst multiplayers in the series
Some real Gold ITT already, let's see what I can add to it.

- CE has the the best spawn system in the franchise
- Playable Elites & Dual Wielding are unnecessary burdens that should never return to the sandbox
- H2's Button Combos are superior to H5's advanced mobility mechanics in every way
Radar is a crutch and doesn’t belong in Halo multiplayer.
  • I think locke is a decent character
  • req system could be a fun idea but I will admit it needs some work
  • warzone is amazing
  • clamber is great and should stay
  • sprint doesn't bother me
  • cliff hangers are ok
  • I love halo 3 but I will be very dissapointed if the infinite story is just a copy cat of halo 3
  • regular infection is over rated, I just want it for the variety of custom games it brings.
Halo 3 took steps backwards to make the game more appealable to a larger audience.

The simplification of the melee system from Halo: CE and Halo 2 is a good example of this. You could win a fight against someone with a better shot than you in Halo 2 just because you knew how the mechanics worked. For instance, if your rocket launcher was out of ammo, don't throw it away. It is a one-hit melee kill from a jump melee. There are many parts to how the melee mechanics work and this is just one example.

In Halo 3 they just normalized all melee damage except the sword (I'm talking melee attacks - not Right trigger for say the Gravity Hammer), and changed it to 2 hits no matter what (again except with the Energy Sword).

Also the FOV in Halo 3 is terrible.

Halo 2's button combos added a layer of depth I haven't seen in many games, where again the more knowledgeable player could win, not just the most skillful with a shot. This was unpopular at the time as Bungie stated it was cheating, but to not use them would put you at a disadvantage. I remember there was a message that would play when you queued for a game in Halo 2 that said "BXR is cheating." Well that the fact that they couldn't fix it but also asked you not to do it was silly to me. If you followed what they said you could lose because you were playing with a handicap.
Halo 3's story was meh.
I think Locke was a great addition to the series.
The flood is annoying and not fun to fight. I don't know why people want it back so much.
343 elites look better that Bungie elites.
I LOVED the fireteam stuff that H5 gave us. Feels more alive and realistic.
Johnson is annoying.
KB & M support (probably) isn't that big of game changer for Halo. There is enough aim assist for console players to keep up.
-The next time an FPS game includes the Flood, they should MASSIVELY expand upon it. I’m talking real time conversion of vehicles, air forms, spore launchers, and a few “intelligent” forms sprinkled in.
-Prometheans weren’t an inherently bad idea, just mediocre execution.
-Precursors should be expanded more into.
-Same thing for the Sentinels, they should be MASSIVLEY expanded on in the next FPS. I want to see their factories, I want to see them react to the Created and Flood with new forms being developed, I want them to act like one of the most advanced defense systems in the galaxy protecting the keys to destroying all known life instead of just saying they are.
-Cortana is affected by a similar version of the Logic Plague that affected the Didact.
People take things way to seriously and they would enjoy the games a lot more if they didn't.
One I have that is unpopular is how the newer Halo games have to be like the older ones to a T. I don't mind qualities of them being in the newer ones but not a clone of the same game.
Hmmm... These are all just really random thoughts
  • I am prone to buying the game because it is Halo.
  • I think Halo 3 is the slowest and has the worst gun play of all the Halo's.
  • I think heavily focusing on competitive is not good.
  • I prefer the 343 forerunner designs over the older ones.
  • I like the big thruster pack look of Halo 4 and 5.
  • I thought Halo 5's campaign was fun (game-play wise).
  • I think the Rouge helmet in Halo 3 looks dumb.
  • I think Halo could benefit from some of the spartan abilities (like thrust).
  • I think Halo 2 and sometimes 3 are "one gun games" with the BR.
  • Duel wielding should not come back.
  • I like the new BR design over the old one.
  • I think Halo CE and 5 are more fun than Halo 3 and sometimes Halo 2.
  • I still think air is OP in Halo Wars 2 even if I am wrong!
  • I think Microtransactions (if done right) are better than DLC.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5