Forums / Community / General Discussion

What is your least favourite gametype?

OP Moyer

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
With the recent circumstances, I have been fortunate enough to play Halo more and having a go at all the different games and game types MCC has to offer. While playing, I sometimes stumble across Halo Reach's Dino Blasters and instantly fill with dread. For me its the craziness and chaos that puts me off that game type specifically.
What is your less favourite game type and for what reason?
Moyer wrote:
With the recent circumstances, I have been fortunate enough to play Halo more and having a go at all the different games and game types MCC has to offer. While playing, I sometimes stumble across Halo Reach's Dino Blasters and instantly fill with dread. For me its the craziness and chaos that puts me off that game type specifically.
What is your less favourite game type and for what reason?
I think it depends on what I'm playing. If I have a pretty wide-ranged hopper, I'm not opposed to playing a weird game type like Dino Blasters every once in awhile.

What I really can't stand though is people who put things like Halo 2 objective BTB into their hopper, and then all quit out when they get things like one bomb on Terminal and are utterly clueless as to anything on the map. As a solo player, nothing worse than having a team that doesn't know what they're doing against one that knows what needs to be done on a map like Terminal.
Capture the Flag, only because people do not CAPTURE THE FLAG. This is the only gametype where I wish K/D was cut off so it would encourage playing the objective. People bragging about getting 45 kills and they didn't do anything but camp kills.
Fiesta, i just don't like it, the RPG's are the only thing that dominates in the game-mode and with the bad spawns they just spawn trap you the entire game.
Capture the Flag, only because people do not CAPTURE THE FLAG. This is the only gametype where I wish K/D was cut off so it would encourage playing the objective. People bragging about getting 45 kills and they didn't do anything but camp kills.
True that. Saw a screencap recently of someone I follow on Twitter who is definitely good at the game, but had like 100+ kills in a matchmaking CTF game.

Obviously didn't know the circumstances surrounding it - but if this were just in a regular BTB matchmaking game, that would make me pretty angry. Chances are that instead of fighting for map control and pushing the objective, he's just grabbing the sniper rifle every time it spawns and camping enemy spawns. Annoys me to no end.
Score attack! I love being able to earn stuff while fighting covenant solo!

343 Please add it to MCC!

(It appears I have miss read the title)

My least favourite is grifball, I just dislike it.
True that. Saw a screencap recently of someone I follow on Twitter who is definitely good at the game, but had like 100+ kills in a matchmaking CTF game.

Obviously didn't know the circumstances surrounding it - but if this were just in a regular BTB matchmaking game, that would make me pretty angry. Chances are that instead of fighting for map control and pushing the objective, he's just grabbing the sniper rifle every time it spawns and camping enemy spawns. Annoys me to no end.
Like I get killing is technically denying enemy movement and control. But what makes this frustrating is people will either cap 1 point and then sit there the whole game and not move. This is why I opt for Slayer every time unless I have a team. I also always felt like there should some penalty for that. Especially since these are the longest matches in the game.
Fiesta just because it's so random
Grifball mainly due to how easy it is to unintentionally team kill.
2v2 it's very easy to get a teammate that can't hold there ground or a enemy that can't which makes it unfair.
King of the Hill on FFA. Can barley survive in the hill for a second before I get demolished, only time I make it long in the hill is if I'm lucky to spawn next to it when it resets. I like KOTH better on BTB or 4v4s though. Team Duos and Hardcore is absolutely torture to me, don't think I'll ever be good enough for those game types.
After playing Halo: MCC last night with a friend and getting the gametype CTF during Big Team Battle, I can now completely agree with you. Its such a long game if its a stalemate and players leaving on your team doesn't help the cause
Moyer wrote:
After playing Halo: MCC last night with a friend and getting the gametype CTF during Big Team Battle, I can now completely agree with you. Its such a long game if its a stalemate and players leaving on your team doesn't help the cause
Some of the most annoying gametypes, would rather get destroyed in Slayer than deal with a CTF game.
This is the way I feel but with Koth.
I honestly don't know, there are of course game-types that I like less than others.
but I think to make my least favorite it would have to be a combination of a map and a game-style that don't match.
one example of this could be halo reach's the spire and 1v1.
the map is just toooo big for a 1v1 match and i absolutely hate it when it comes up on my custom game playlist.
BIGB EC wrote:
Grifball mainly due to how easy it is to unintentionally team kill.
i cannot agree with this more!

I got a month ban from all halo servers for teamkills even though I was literally the only person (on either team to score)
Infection
Uh Grifball I just don’t like it
Fistfight in MCC firefight, especially when it happens MULTIPLE TIMES IN A ROW.
I dislike extraction. Like stay away.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2