Forums / Community / General Discussion

What Is Your Proudest Halo Achievement?

OP JustMister6515

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Music is very important to me, so finding a Halo-inspired, improvised work of mine on a Community Spotlight certainly made my week. However, I'm pretty proud of myself for earning all of the MCC speedrun achievements as well.
Oh, finishing all the campaigns on legendary solo.

But the one I brag the most is that I got the IWHBYD skull in halo 2 without tutorial.
I have finished every Halo achievement, and because of that I haven’t got just the “one” achievement! So I’ll pop a top 10 up!

These are in no particular order!

1. LASO MASTER: This absolute colossal achievement brought me so much pride and happiness when it popped!
  2. MONOPOLIZED: Another insane achievement that I’m surprised to say wasn’t as hard as I expected it to be.
  3. IF THEY CAME TO HEAR ME BEG: Let me just say that this achievement was horrific to unlock. Think I assassinated that bloody Elite 200 times before it popped!
  4. GOAT ROPED: Let me just start off by saying that CE and I don’t agree with one another. Don’t get me wrong I love CE but we have a serious love hate relationship which made this achievement an absolute gruelling experience, however rewarding one to unlock.
  5. EXTRA CREDIT: This achievement tested my resolve and patience. Around 90 challenges needed to be completed for this to unlock. I’d say I was more glad than proud that I finished this one!
  6. THOROUGH: This achievement is more of the same as the last, super glad I followed through and finished it, super long and super boring!
  7. RUNNING THE SHOW: This bad boy made me very proud for unlocking it, an absolute mental grind but one that I was proud to achieve!
  8. HARBINGER: Completing The Breaking on Legendary without any member of Blue Team dying. You know there’s a way to skip the Warden fight! I didn’t.. “one eternity later”. So proud when I unlocked this though!
  9. ENDURE: An Aussie playing on an American connection on a 360 server for 4 whole sets of ODST Firefight. Gruesome experience, but one I was proud to follow through on!
  10. DETOUR THE GREAT JOURNEY: I was happy when I managed to complete Halo Wars on Legendary! Definitely a proud achievement moment!
My proudest Halo achievement is definitely completing all of the MCC 3 Hour Legendary Speedrunning Achievements for each Halo game. Halo 2, more specifically, as that is easily the hardest speedrun and I managed to do it solo. The other games, however, I completed with friends as I had already proved to myself I could do them solo considering I completed the hardest one by myself. Some of which only took one playthrough and only a couple of re-dos. Halo: Reach, when it first released on MCC, I played through solo on legendary in about 4.5 hours. ODST and 4 were the same. The other games' speedrunning achievements were definitely more challenging but nowhere near as bad as Halo 2. I proudly boast the Platinum Halo 2 Nameplate. I wish it looked as cool as Reach's 3 Hour nameplate, though.

For anyone else who wants to complete these achievements, you should view guides made by Nak3d Eli on YouTube. Without those guides, I would not have completed most of the games' speedrunning achievements (mainly Halo 2's). Don't get me wrong, though, even with these guides, the speedruns will still take tons of practice, trial-and-error, and even some luck. With enough dedication and skill, however, they can be completed. Good luck to anyone who wishes to give these achievements a shot!

Nak3d Eli's Legendary Speedrunning Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4RoBZrNqFcoc0lcgUrlG5aS7UgxIy-9e
I do complete agree on your point that the Halo 2 speedrunning achievement is the hardest. I used a combination of Nak3d Eli's and Halo Completionist's 3 hours guides to obtain the achievement. However, none of the missions where too bad with enough practice.

Due to having this achievement in my list, my current goal for Halo 2 is to become good at sword flying which is probably an even bigger feat than completing Halo 2 within 3 hours.
I would have to agree for the most part. For me, the Delta Halo, The Arbiter, and Gravemind speedruns were outright Hell. I think the best thing that comes with the runs is the number of tricks you learn on the way. For example, glitching the elevator on oracle to give yourself permanent invincibility, cloning Sgt. Johnson to merc Tartarus on The Great Journey, the Ghost grenade jump on Delta Halo, etc. Those are all things I could do just playing the game normally to make it even more fun and interesting. Good luck with sword flying. I want to do that as well but have not gotten around to it.
My proudest Halo achievement is definitely completing all of the MCC 3 Hour Legendary Speedrunning Achievements for each Halo game. Halo 2, more specifically, as that is easily the hardest speedrun and I managed to do it solo. The other games, however, I completed with friends as I had already proved to myself I could do them solo considering I completed the hardest one by myself. Some of which only took one playthrough and only a couple of re-dos. Halo: Reach, when it first released on MCC, I played through solo on legendary in about 4.5 hours. ODST and 4 were the same. The other games' speedrunning achievements were definitely more challenging but nowhere near as bad as Halo 2. I proudly boast the Platinum Halo 2 Nameplate. I wish it looked as cool as Reach's 3 Hour nameplate, though.

For anyone else who wants to complete these achievements, you should view guides made by Nak3d Eli on YouTube. Without those guides, I would not have completed most of the games' speedrunning achievements (mainly Halo 2's). Don't get me wrong, though, even with these guides, the speedruns will still take tons of practice, trial-and-error, and even some luck. With enough dedication and skill, however, they can be completed. Good luck to anyone who wishes to give these achievements a shot!

Nak3d Eli's Legendary Speedrunning Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4RoBZrNqFcoc0lcgUrlG5aS7UgxIy-9e
I do complete agree on your point that the Halo 2 speedrunning achievement is the hardest. I used a combination of Nak3d Eli's and Halo Completionist's 3 hours guides to obtain the achievement. However, none of the missions where too bad with enough practice.

Due to having this achievement in my list, my current goal for Halo 2 is to become good at sword flying which is probably an even bigger feat than completing Halo 2 within 3 hours.
I would have to agree for the most part. For me, the Delta Halo, The Arbiter, and Gravemind speedruns were outright Hell. I think the best thing that comes with the runs is the number of tricks you learn on the way. For example, glitching the elevator on oracle to give yourself permanent invincibility, cloning Sgt. Johnson to merc Tartarus on The Great Journey, the Ghost grenade jump on Delta Halo, etc. Those are all things I could do just playing the game normally to make it even more fun and interesting. Good luck with sword flying. I want to do that as well but have not gotten around to it.
The most annoying missions for my part was Metropolis due to the precise movement required, Regret due to the Regret battle and to some extent Sacred Icon. On the other hand, I would probably consider Delta Halo to be one of the easier due to the possibility to use the Feather, Boom and Sputnik skull combo.
For me it was completing Halo 4 on LASO. At least that's the hardest I achievement I got that I can think of. Still have the other LASOs to go.
100 percent completing Reach on mcc, took me and 3 buddies 4 months of non stop play to get that -Yoink- done and I am so -Yoinking!- happy that I was able to do it.
Halo 3 and Reach 3 hour Legendary
About 7 years ago I tied the world record speedruns for Tayari Plaza and Kikowani Station (both of which have been easily eclipsed by others in the years since). What's bonkers is when that happened, ODST was about 1.5 years younger than Halo 5 is now!

The speedrunning community has attracted a ton of talent in the years since High Speed Halo was the place to go for Halo speedrunning (HaloRuns is doing a great job of it nowadays). I definitely can't keep up with the fresh blood anymore so speedrunning is mostly just for fun for me now.

I beat Halo 2 on Legendary for the first time recently (first played it in March 2012, so it took a while to say the least). It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I'm still pretty proud.

I got to Field Marshall on Reach, which isn't anywhere near Inheritor (not even 1/6 of the way there!), but I'm still pretty proud of that. Reach was my first Halo and I played a ton of it.

Getting Community Member of the Week here was nice, although most of the people who were around at the time aren't here any more :(
Getting every achievement in the FPS Halo games. (Halo wars and spartan games in progress)

If that’s not specific enough then LASO master in the MCC

The most annoying missions for my part was Metropolis due to the precise movement required, Regret due to the Regret battle and to some extent Sacred Icon. On the other hand, I would probably consider Delta Halo to be one of the easier due to the possibility to use the Feather, Boom and Sputnik skull combo.
I never used any skulls aside from Grunt Birthday and IWHBYD. I wanted it to be a genuine, vanilla speedrun with no enhancements such as feather and sputnik. In other words, I wanted it to be Legendary with no difficulty-altering skulls. Skulls, I feel, would make some runs too easy.

I never used any skulls aside from Grunt Birthday and IWHBYD. I wanted it to be a genuine, vanilla speedrun with no enhancements such as feather and sputnik. In other words, I wanted it to be Legendary with no difficulty-altering skulls. Skulls, I feel, would make some runs too easy.
I did instead focus on making the missions as easy as possible. This meant usage of some specific skulls in order to make the grind slightly shorter and to reduce the risk of death.
Attempting a halo 2 laso run with my friend heres a hit we had to take a break for a while we still havent gone back.
Vidmaster challenges, getting max rank on all the games, earning level 50 in a few playlists, to name a few.
Getting all the Terminals.
Mine will always be getting to Inheritor rank on Halo Reach and being able to buy and don my haunted helmet. It was a long (and frustrating) road but I'm really glad I did it. I miss seeing the rank beside my name now that I play Reach on MCC.

A kind of close second would be beating Halo CE LASO several years back.
Completing OG H3 legit! Well, "Tank Dropper" was kind needed to be boosted. Also got " Tripple Kill", "Steppin´ Razor" and "Overkill" the same game if I recalled it correctly :)
The friends I made along the way.
I’d say that earning every achievement across ALL titles (including Halo 2 Vista, Halo 5: Forge, and each version of Spartan Assault/Strike) is quite an accomplishment! I really look forward to the release of Infinite so I can complete all those achievements too!
Halo Reach LASO
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3