Forums / Community / General Discussion

What kinda halo spinoff game would u want to see

OP Solar Soulfire

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Id honestly like a forerunner series spinoff... Halo:foundations or something
I want to see a Halo spin off video game where ODST Troopers are the main characters again. And, I would love to see a Halo survival horror video game in future Halo installments.
I've always thought that a Sangheili game taking a proper look at their life and culture seems like a rather obvious spin-off. You could go a number of ways with it regarding the gameplay mechanics and the storyline.
I want to play as an insurrectionist, sabotaging UNSC activity in the colonies, the culmination of the campaign has you face off against a Spartan sent to stop you, preferably B312
A story about the Forerunner and Ancient human war.
Survival horror flood game!
I would love spin-off with Spartan Tom as a video game adaptation of Halo:Ghosts of Onyx.
ODST 2!!!!
I wouldn't mind seeing all of thee above honestly something crazy out there. Also big zombie horror fan and would however really like to see something way out there with halo. And some kinda hardcore zombie horror with a little bit more gore than halo is used to.
tsassi wrote:
I've always thought that a Sangheili game taking a proper look at their life and culture seems like a rather obvious spin-off. You could go a number of ways with it regarding the gameplay mechanics and the storyline.
This is where I think RPG could come into Halo in a successful way. Start out as a mid-level Sangheili farm hand at a keep and work your way up to Kaidon. War with other clans, make alliances, go on quests to build up your keep. Granted, that also sounds good for an RTS, but we already have those in the Halo Wars series. So RPG seems like a good direction to go here.
GTA: Venezia

Here's the pitch.
You arrive on the planet as a John Doe, Human character, maybe a discharged UNSC soldier, and quickly get tangled up in the various factions in the city of New Tyne. They city is mainly held by the Venezian Movement, but others such as the UEG, ONI, United Rebel Front, a Kig-Yar pirate cell, Servants of Abiding Truth, etc, all have small stakes in the city. Some factions are on good terms with each other, but there's plenty of backhanded deals and the like in an attempt to take control of the city and the planet.

As you progress through the game you end up working for all of them in some fashion, building up a reputation with each, until missions start pitching you against factions you're currently in bed with. There would be some small RPG elements to the missions, allowing you to begin secretly backstabbing factions without their knowledge and maintain good faith with the faction of your choice. Higher reputations would give you access to extra side missions, supply caches, customization options, etc.

Some missions would take you beyond the city limits, encountering downed Covie and UNSC ships, maybe the odd forerunner structure.
Notable characters from the canon could make small (non canon breaking) appearances, and there would be plenty of references to events from games and books for fans to look out for.

By the end of the game you end up taking control of the city for yourself under your own regime, maybe right in time for a Guardian to show up. That way, as far as any of the canon is concerned moving forward, all anyone really knows is that some crazy power struggle went down, and now this new guy is in charge.
I wouldn't make it a full RPG, because then you lock any characters and references out of future lore, without establishing a canonical version of events, making the RPG elements kinda pointless.
I want a horror TPS in the vein of Dead Space about the Flood and playing as a marine.
It would be cool if they went back to finish the halo mega blocks game.
I would like either one we’re you are a marine or you are part of the covenant or you are an insurrectionist or you play as the flood or the forerunners

basically any faction or character that you can’t currently play as.
Halo: Insurrection

Civil war on the colonies before the Covenant war. How would it feel to face up against a Spartan-II as a regular insurgent? After all, the Spartans were made for this purpose.
i dunno innie games sound like theyd be boring unless youre playing as a marine or ODST...unless youre talking after the covenant
a marine mmo, a flood horror game and odst 2, i think they would be amazing spin offs
I would love another ODST game but with a new ODST squad and maybe during the invasion of reach.
I would love another ODST game but with a new ODST squad and maybe during the invasion of reach.
Now that sounds like fun.
A game where you inherits your's dead grandpa farm in Harverst and you need to put that farm on the trails again and makle it profitable. You Have to deal with Seasons and create specific animals and others kinds of food that humanity consumes. Ok I was joking.
I'm really really intersted on the concept of mobile games that let me play during short times well you could do a "Halo Pop" or a Marines vs Flood based on plants vs zoombies mechanics. But since than COD Mobile was launched I got myself thinking about how good to halo community could be the addition of new players that a game like this could bring.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2