OP Skoop

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Can I just say all of Halo 5's campaign?
Uuv wrote:
Halo 4 - Shutdown. That mission is just a long drudge of flying in one direction with minimal action or things to shoot at until you get to the doors you need to, and even then you have to stay hundreds of feet back just to pinsnipe Phantoms shooting beyond OP anti-air blasts at you.

Once inside one of the towers, you have to disable those conduits, and my mind just jumps to that gondola that moves at the pace of a dead snail, to and from. After leaving the tower, you hop back into your pelican, and prepare to engage with the nonexistent air traffic once more and basically do the same thing again.
I thought the same until I learned the huge skip that takes you to the very last room of Shutdown. Check it out on YouTube, I beat that level on legendary in like 4 minuets or something.
Skoop wrote:
Across all the Halo titles, what level do you dread to come across? For me the mission ‘Two Betrayals’ is a headache. I love the atmosphere and its awesome to see the covenant and flood fight. However, i feel like it drags on forever. You fight down the huge forerunner structure, then through the same grey room 4-5 times, across the bridges, down the elevator, outside, in the giant underground tunnel, outside again and finally you fly the banshee to the end. This was one of the hardest par times for me. Anyone else feel the same?
I have to agree with that.

On the other hand the a lot of missions in H4 seemed like that to me. Mainly the one with the Mammoth (purely my opinion I wasn't the biggest H4 fan anyway to begin with.)
I'm currently Fighting the Solo Campaign on Legendary
I always hated Crows Nest, not because it scared me, but the part with all the Brutes always pissed me off
I would say the library on CE
I agree with you OP. Two Betrayals is great in many ways, but it just drags on and on and on and on and on like this sentence.

Another one would be Shutdown from Halo 4. We had this great concept where we finally got to fly a Pelican for the first time in a Halo game... but it was ultimately on rails and just dragged on until you cleared out the Phantoms. The part where you ride on the gondola is kinda cool but really just feels like a long shooting gallery.
Ranking up in halo 3s Lone wolves, it’s a pain in the -Yoink- to rank down,
Spoiler:
Show
Any level past two on CE
I agree, Two Betrayals and Library.
Uuv wrote:
Halo 4 - Shutdown. That mission is just a long drudge of flying in one direction with minimal action or things to shoot at until you get to the doors you need to, and even then you have to stay hundreds of feet back just to pinsnipe Phantoms shooting beyond OP anti-air blasts at you.

Once inside one of the towers, you have to disable those conduits, and my mind just jumps to that gondola that moves at the pace of a dead snail, to and from. After leaving the tower, you hop back into your pelican, and prepare to engage with the nonexistent air traffic once more and basically do the same thing again.
I've only ever once played though the entirety of that level (the first time I played it). Ever since then, I've flown straight for the upside down 'Y' thingy to get into the last floating tower. It's like The Silent Cartographer and The Ark. It's too easy to skip those chunks of it. I also skip those large sections in Outskirts and Uprising half the time as well.

OT: For me, I guess the Sacred Icon is a bit of a chore. I actually really enjoy Flood levels. 343 Guilty Spark, the Library and Cortana are my favourites, but there's something about Sacred Icon that doesn't do it for me. It's just tedious.
I'm sure Halo 5 has worse levels, but I never replayed its campaign enough times to remember the levels all that well.
The interim levels of ODST named "Mombassa Streets" or something to that effect. The atmosphere is great, and it was a creative decision on Bungie's part for the exploration theme, but it just feels tedious.
Halo CE, the Library. Honestly felt like purgatory. Legendary made me want to cry.
I hated High Charity. Felt like such a slog..
HALO CE second mission.
It’s interesting to me how many hated the mammoth mission in halo 4. That was easily the most memorable for me, and like one of two missions I actually enjoyed playing. I would say Cortana from halo 3. Boring, confusing, and downright annoying with the gravemind constantly interrupting you. But honestly I could pick a lot of missions from halo CE or 4/5
In my opinion, I would go for the mission Evacuation in Halo 5 due to the only enemy being Prometheans and that at least 60% is to clear a set of enemies before the player can proceed. In addition to that, this mission is also very similar to the missions Glassed and Meridian Station in terms of art style and enemies which makes the mission by far much worse.
Levels where the flood were the main threat. (CE)
I love the flood, but Covenant enemies were leagues more fun to fight. Levels where the flood were the main focus were really sluggish and boring.
The levels Assault on the Control Room and Two Betrayals, pain in the -Yoink- to finish in legendary due to the bridge sections and pesky banshees
The biggest chore for me for me was the Halo 3s level Cortana, never felt fear or anything playing through it even on legendary. They did not introduce no new flood enemies to fight even though it a place that used to have all kinds of different covenant species.

To compound the issue I get lost alot on this level combing both boredom and the feeling of not know knowing where to go, makes repeated playthroughs not fun at all for me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5