What's your favorite thing about Halo?

OP TRILLEST MIKE23

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Sorry, I can't pick one.
The lore. The multiplayer and Forge. The music. Most of the community :)
What I liked about Halo was that there was something for EVERYONE. The gameplay was simple and dumbed down, yet worked extremely well and felt very polished and wasn't hard to get used to. The multiplayer had a huge variety of slayer and objective gamemodes (Oddball, CTF, Territories, KOTH, Juggernaut, Invasion, VIP). It was a game that appealed to both casual and competitive players, something most games struggle to accomplish nowadays. Its something Halo 5 has to an extent, but it's still missing so many things and features that would make me consider it a TRUE halo game.
What do you think it is lacking? I personally feel the same way but can't really pinpoint what it is exactly.
Things that Halo 5 lacks that doesn't make it a true halo game.
  • Splitscreen
  • Oddball, KOTH, Juggernaut, VIP, One bomb and more gamemodes that have been in Halo for years
  • Maps that are well designed and meomorable (something Halo 5 desperately lacks)
  • An art style that doesn't look Iike Halo
  • ADS really makes the aiming feel off and different and it was obviously ripped off from COD and other games.
I can easily agree with that
My favorite thing about halo is the multiplayer I enjoy swat the most but it's fun going out with your friends and playing some arena modes. Another thing I like about halo is the story from the games and the books it keeps me entertained and wanting to go back and play halo.
The music,

The vast universe of different alien species (that I wish the franchise would explore more of)
EmiDidact wrote:
The music,

The vast universe of different alien species (that I wish the franchise would explore more of)
I definitely love the concept of so many alien races and if you've never heard it, I encourage you to listen to One Final Effort from The Halo 3 OST. It's by far my favorite song from all of video games.
Spartans, Story, Music, Fun multiplayer, Warthog runs, Landscape, Blur cutscenes.
EmiDidact wrote:
The music,

I definitely love the concept of so many alien races and if you've never heard it, I encourage you to listen to One Final Effort from The Halo 3 OST. It's by far my favorite song from all of video games.
Oh I love that track from H3 OST.

I also love a few notable tracks from H4's OST. It's not Marty's work but it's still good.
The lore and Gameplay is the best part plus the trolling.
Favorite thing about Halo 5 is that pretty much every weapon is viable. Halo 2 was amazing but a lot of the weapons don't have viable TTK's.
Gameplay, music, and how the story is presented.
EmiDidact wrote:
EmiDidact wrote:
The music,

Oh I love that track from H3 OST.

I also love a few notable tracks from H4's OST. It's not Marty's work but it's still good.
For sure man!
The story. It's very vast, expansive, and has a lot of depth. To think, it started out as just an FPS.
Probably the music.
The whole feel of how humanity is in a losing war against an enemy superior in every way. Then seeing everyone's motives and feelings about the war. And all of the lore
I love how in Halo: CE you could just blast aliens left, right and centre and there would be blood everywhere. Everywhere.
Sitting down on the couch with some friends, and playing split screen. Pizza party, sodas, staying up till the birds were singing, then shutting the windows cuz those birds suck, and playing more.
One guy was like "the xbox is soo good, you can spill on it and it'll be fine" he then poured a can of soda on there and wrecked the damn thing.

that was during H1, through halo 3.
Yes I know to most people you like the old games and I do too but the best thing is when bungie left and 343 took over (imo) old halo was more like call of duty in the fact of it was whoever had the better weapon that would win a battle the only one I remember that was any good was reach and ODST
My favorite gun is the Magnum, Also LOVE Swat.
Chimera30 wrote:
Probably the music.
The music is certainly a beautiful aspect of the franchise, and unrivaled if you ask me. The complex yet seemingly simplistic Celtic and orchestral sound that was generated certainly did the games a great justice.
YRISMO wrote:
I love how in Halo: CE you could just blast aliens left, right and centre and there would be blood everywhere. Everywhere.
Honestly, as taboo as it may seem, I definitely liked it too. For some odd reason, gore seems to appeal to me in video games when done properly. Reach also did this pretty well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3