Forums / Community / General Discussion

What's your first impression on 343I's Warthog?

OP NegativeEnd0090

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
When I first saw it on the ad for FORZA Motorsport 4, I was amazed at how awesome it looked. That looked like a real beast there. The shock absorbers on the tires, the rear bumper, the railing on the hood, and the gas tanks on the back. Needless to say, this looks of the vehicle is indeed sturdy as Cortana had described it, like it really lives up to its reputation.

I know many of you had preferred Bungie's design over 343's when it comes to the many designs of the Halo universe. However, I will let you be the judge of that.
I like 343's except for the gas canisters on the back and the shade of green.
The gas canisters are the only problem for me. I really like how the Warthog's turret (machine-gun) sounds more than the ones from past games.
I think the Warthog is one of the things 343i did well from an art standpoint. The Ghost, Banshee, and especially the Phantom all look great as well. Mongoose doesn’t look all that radically different so props for that too. Others like the tank, not a big fan of those.
I'm a big fan of 343's Warthog design, contrary to most of my opinions on the new art style. But, as mentioned above, I'm not crazy about the gas cans on the back. From a practical perspective, leaving exposed cans of explosive material on the back of a military vehicle is rather foolish imo. I know gasoline itself is fairly stable in a liquid state (shooting liquid gas won't cause an explosion), but the gas vapors trapped inside gas cans is highly volatile.

But now that I think about it, the cans make even less sense when you consider the fact that Warthogs don't run on gasoline. They run on hydrogen. So are the cans filled with water? If so, then why are they red? Shouldn't they be green or black if for nothing more than to maintain camouflage?
There was many changes to the Warthog but it still looks like a Warthog. Strange i actually thought you could carry and use one of the gas canisters if you run out of fuel in the Hog.
The colour should be woodland by default to respect halos identity as a military shooter.
There was many changes to the Warthog but it still looks like a Warthog. Strange i actually thought you could carry and use one of the gas canisters if you run out of fuel in the Hog.
The colour should be woodland by default to respect halos identity as a military shooter.
It's a good thing they kept the overall design for it. All they did was make some additions to it, probably make it look more bulky and a bit more like a real life vehicle.
It’s nice but it looks a bit too modern to me, I like the Bungie Warthog one cause it looked more Futuristic & I found it more cooler
The 343 Warthog is rugged and utilitarian in my eyes, regardless of what people say about those jerry cans.
Spoiler:
Show
For me, I think it’s pretty faithful to the original chassis; definitely handles better than the original though.

If I had one complaint, however, it’s that anyone in the gunner seat stands stiff as a plank. Do you have any idea how much strain that would put on someone’s back (Spartan or not) when you hit a bump?

If they could do one thing better it would be having the Spartan bend their knees and arc their arms instead of looking like a life-size Spartan Golden Globe award; but again, I really do like everything else about it.
All the unsc hardware got a major liftup during 343s care
All I'm sayin' is wheres my golden warthog???
Halo 4's warthog is wider and slightly heavier than the Halo 3 variant. Its still prone to flipping on slopes and small rocks.
I love the design
Pretty much inferior to the older, sleeker design but not that big of a deal either in a way it's not completely ruined.
343's Looks good to me.
xXMrSpecXx wrote:
The gas canisters are the only problem for me. I really like how the Warthog's turret (machine-gun) sounds more than the ones from past games.
The gas cans seem out of place and the turret sounds like it has a bit more of a cutting crunch to it. I love it!
It seems to be the one design everyone just kinda "meh's" at, in a good way though! Most people complain or compare things. But you flash the 343 warthog and people will just go. It's a warthog, what about it? Its funny to me. It sits in a weird limbo of just being around and no one really gives it much though as good or bad. It just is.

I personally like it. I like both versions. I do kinda want to see the new body design with the old bungie suspension though. Just to see what it looks like.
Body's great. I dont really like the new M343 turret on the back of the one in H5. It feels weaker to me. I know its not canonically but it feels that way.
I like the exposed barrels of the old M41
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
xXMrSpecXx wrote:
The gas cans seem out of place and the turret sounds like it has a bit more of a cutting crunch to it. I love it!
Water cans. The Warthog doesnt run on petrolium, it uses a hydrogen fuel internal combustion engine.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2