Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Whats Your Most Nostalgic Halo Mission?

OP True Alibi

Is there a mission in any of the Halo games that, when you play them, it makes you remember your childhood. Whenever I play the old Halo campaigns I always get that feeling of nostalgia. but that nostalgia is most concentrated in the mission "The Ark" from Halo 3. I used to always play that mission with my best friend before he moved to australia and I lost contact with him. whats your most nostalgiac halo mission?
For me it would have to be the mission that the flood are introduced in CE, the spooky atmosphere and how back then we had no idea what we were up against A enemy that even the covenant feared
Mine would have to be the Halo 3 mission "The Covenant" you have the drama of truth firing the rings, Johnson being captured, Miranda Keys getting killed then you get to kill TWO, count em, TWO scarabs and THEN you get absolutely blindsided by allying with the flood and THEN you have the arbiter going stabby mcstabs on Truth.

Also it has my favorite truth quote:
Quote:
"Undoubtedly this is the Heretics' doing! A final, bitter curse. Clear evidence of treachery long hidden!"
Mine would have to be the Halo 3 mission "The Covenant" you have the drama of truth firing the rings, Johnson being captured, Miranda Keys getting killed then you get to kill TWO, count em, TWO scarabs and THEN you get absolutely blindsided by allying with the flood and THEN you have the arbiter going stabby mcstabs on Truth.

Also it has my favorite truth quote:
Quote:
"Undoubtedly this is the Heretics' doing! A final, bitter curse. Clear evidence of treachery long hidden!"
OMG YES! Halo 3 was my childhood so I remember all of those iconic levels like Floodgate, The Ark, The Covenant with that iconic piano at the beginning. men, gets me every time.
Childhood? No. I was beyond the age of being a "child" when Halo CE came out.

My most nostalgic memory would be completing the Annual Vidmaster Challenge in Halo 3 with 3 friends.
silent cartographer. it was my dads favorite level and the one I'd play with him a lot when I was younger
For me it was Assault on the Control Room from CE. Used to play that on co-op with my buddies. I also loved it for getting that hidden Banshee and just having a good blast with it.
Truth and Reconciliation from CE my brother and I used to play that as kids and would race for sniper kills or do the whole mission as stealthily as we could
Chimera30 wrote:
Childhood? No. I was beyond the age of being a "child" when Halo CE came out.

My most nostalgic memory would be completing the Annual Vidmaster Challenge in Halo 3 with 3 friends.
I actually just did that the other day in MCC finally. The fun part was taking Johnson’s laser. The not so fun part is makin it to the end TWICE and getting reset to last checkpoint because someone died during the end cutscene.
Halo 3 the alliance
silent cartographer, 343 guilty spark, and the library.
343 Guilty Spark, I never managed to escape the structure as a kid as I was lost all the time hahah
I would have to say Two Betrayals. I loved that mission. The music. The dialogue. The battle near the end. Loved every moment of it.
True Alibi wrote:
Is there a mission in any of the Halo games that, when you play them, it makes you remember your childhood.
No, because I was a fully-grown adult when I got into Halo. But I do have lots of fond memories of Oni Sword Base from Halo Reach
Definitely Halo from CE. That moment that you walk out of the escape pod and cross the bridge is legendary
personally the most nostalgic mission for me is The Ark from Halo 3, I just love getting on a mongoose with a marine holding a rocket launcher/fuel rod gun and destroying everything. that and the music for that level is amazing