Forums / Community / General Discussion

Where do the Halo books stand chronologically

OP SonicWave962821

I’ve recently started to want to read all of the Halo novels. But I can’t find a reliable and updated source to list all the books chronologically. Can somebody please reply with a list of EVERY book including Rengades? Thank you.
Some of the books run concurrently at times but here's my list:

Primordium
Cryptum
Silentium
Broken Circle
The Fall of Reach (starts before the Covenant War but ends after a few of the following entries)
Contact Harvest
Silent Storm
The Cole Protocol
Battle Born
The Flood
First Strike
Ghosts of Onyx
Glasslands
The Thursday War
Mortal Dictata
Last Light
Retribution
Hunters in the Dark
New Blood
Smoke and Shadow
Renegades
Envoy
Legacy of Onyx
Bad Blood

You also have Evolutions and Fractures, which take place during various times throughout the Halo universe.
Thank you. I didn't have a list of all the books I needed to re-get after all of mine went up in a house fire, and now I do.
Thank you. I didn't have a list of all the books I needed to re-get after all of mine went up in a house fire, and now I do.
Sorry about your house fire.
Some of the books run concurrently at times but here's my list:

Primordium
Cryptum
Silentium
Broken Circle
The Fall of Reach (starts before the Covenant War but ends after a few of the following entries)
Contact Harvest
Silent Storm
The Cole Protocol
Battle Born
The Flood
First Strike
Ghosts of Onyx
Glasslands
The Thursday War
Mortal Dictata
Last Light
Retribution
Hunters in the Dark
New Blood
Smoke and Shadow
Renegades
Envoy
Legacy of Onyx
Bad Blood

You also have Evolutions and Fractures, which take place during various times throughout the Halo universe.
Thank you
Sorry about your house fire.
Well, it wasn't my house. But some of my stuff was stored there. No one got hurt, not even pets. Just all my old stuff. I just took it as a sign of the past being in the past, but I do miss some stuff. :X
Happy to help y'all! There's also two books slated for release this year thus far, which I neglected to include above:

Oblivion, which is going to be a sequel to Silent Storm
Meridian Divide, which is going to be a sequel to Battle Born
Oblivion, which is going to be a sequel to Silent Storm
Meridian Divide, which is going to be a sequel to Battle Born
I'll have to keep a lookout for them, I took quite a long hiatus from Halo, returned recently and would like to re-acquainted with the lore. While most of the story I recall quite well, smaller detail tends to get lost and forgotten.