Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Which Halo has the worst multiplayer?

OP ShadowHorizon5

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Personally I think halo 3 has the worst multiplayer in the series. It's slow paced, the inconsistent Br. Most of the maps suck except for like 5 of them. I think that changing the bullets to projectile was one of the worst decisions bungie made. Any what do you think? Halo 2 in my opinion has the second worst multiplayer in the series. Most of the maps sucked and I think locklut is the worst in the game. The inconsistent melee. The slow vehicle turning. I also think halo reach has the third worst multiplayer. The bloom made the game unenjoyable. All the maps suck. I hate the armor abilities besides sprint and armor lock.
Halo: Combat Evolved.

90% you use the magnum because it is too overpowered, vehicles are a nightmare to control especially when under fire, and the slightest of nudges is bound to kill anything, teammate or opponent.
I'd go with Halo 4 because of the guns/ability loadouts and ordnance.
Reach, CE, and 4 are tied for me. None of them are terrible, but if I play Halo multiplayer, it will almost never be one of these
Personally I think halo 3 has the worst multiplayer in the series. It's slow paced, the inconsistent Br. Most of the maps suck except for like 5 of them. I think that changing the bullets to projectile was one of the worst decisions bungie made. Any what do you think?
CE and 2.

CE has its stupidly powerful Magnum, 2 has its BR, the BR is fine its just literally everything else sucked hard or wasnt as common as the BR is.
Honestly I can't say.
there isn't one which has a worse one than the other.

but there are deffenitely some i don't play

like halo 2, i always find the gameplay kinda BS.
it just doesn't feel fun to play as a multiplayer, but it does have hands down my favorite campaign
For me, it's Halo: CE. I still play it for nostalgia and for custom games with friends from high school, but for matchmaking it is a nightmare because spawns are predictable, the pistol is OP and the player pool majority have been playing for 19 going on 20 years.
Halo 1, the spawns are absolutely horrendous and you never see people use the tank or Banshee anymore because of the pistol, but please remember the game is a product of its time.
Halo 4, you will never convince me that loadouts belong in Halo.
Halo 4 for many reasons. Loadouts, ordinance, weapon sounds, BTB maps, and there are probably more I forgot about.
For me it would be Halo 5. I keep coming back to it though. Maybe just cause its the most recent Halo. To many inconsistencies
Some parts of 5 ie ground pound in multiplayer.
Halo 4 and 5.
H4 seems to be the objective choice. Maybe it's more a subjective thing, but I believe there are some objective aspects to the choice.

The original trilogy had interesting and unique MP experiences that built off one another. I realize that might sound like an oxymoron (unique but also building off one another). But I mean that overall the original three games all felt like a unique Halo experience. Reach could be added to that sentiment, but it departed somewhat from the OG trilogy thanks to armor abilities. Not knocking the abilities, just saying it was different.

H5 on the other hand felt completely different from what we knew of Halo. It was really its own thing. And while I don't like H5, I can admit that the MP well made. As I've said before, it was a good game, just not a good Halo game.

But when it comes to H4, nothing felt unique. It was, by and large, a COD clone. COD is a fun game, and the MP experience in COD has been pretty fun over the years. I have many fond memories of playing the original Modern Warfare with my high school friends. But Halo trying to imitate COD was disappointing. The fact that the online player base evaporated within a year is evidence of that.
Vohark wrote:
Literally nobody ever has tried to argue for loadouts. Seems like a literal non issue to me given the weapon choices were all piss except the BR

Also forgetting the fact that we had Loadouts in Reach but okay. Unless you mean customisable ones but even then... whats the issue just pick a BR lmao and you win.
Halo: Combat Evolved was the worst, but you have to start somewhere.
Vohark wrote:
Literally nobody ever has tried to argue for loadouts. Seems like a literal non issue to me given the weapon choices were all piss except the BR

Also forgetting the fact that we had Loadouts in Reach but okay. Unless you mean customisable ones but even then... whats the issue just pick a BR lmao and you win.
This mindset is mildly infuriating.

Please cite where in my post I mentioned Reach at all, I'm not a fan of Reach but it had pre-set loadouts, barely any mode let you choose a weapon other than the default same-start set, Halo 4 introduced tactical packages and a literal wall-hack armor ability which drastically changed the core arena style Halo was, effectively killing arena to chase trends, for the first year and a bit of Halo 4's life there was a loadout meta that forced you to confine yourself to the absolute bare minimum of the sandbox until the balance patch which curved this ever so slightly, I seem to be the only person who actually played Halo 4 since this goes under the radar, the boltshot was your primary weapon for the longest time which introduced such a terrible playstyle and left a bad taste in the mouths of many.

to simply write this off as 'lol more customization is cool' defeats the entire purpose of what Halo was up and until that point, there is change, such as Halo 5's multiplayer which I enjoyed, and there is change for the sake of change, please don't tangle yourself up in the latter.
Vohark wrote:
Vohark wrote:

Please cite where in my post I mentioned Reach at all, I'm not a fan of Reach but it had pre-set loadouts, barely any mode let you choose a weapon other than the default same-start set, Halo 4 introduced tactical packages and a literal wall-hack armor ability which drastically changed the core arena style Halo was, effectively killing arena to chase trends, for the first year and a bit of Halo 4's life there was a loadout meta that forced you to confine yourself to the absolute bare minimum of the sandbox until the balance patch which curved this ever so slightly, I seem to be the only person who actually played Halo 4 since this goes under the radar, the boltshot was your primary weapon for the longest time which introduced such a terrible playstyle and left a bad taste in the mouths of many.

to simply write this off as 'lol more customization is cool' defeats the entire purpose of what Halo was up and until that point, there is change, such as Halo 5's multiplayer which I enjoyed, and there is change for the sake of change, please don't tangle yourself up in the latter.
Sure whatever anyway Halo needs to change and Arena styled shooters arent as fantastic as people always say.

Coolthanksbye
Vohark wrote:
Vohark wrote:

Sure whatever anyway Halo needs to change and Arena styled shooters arent as fantastic as people always say.

Coolthanksbye
Thank you for contributing nothing to the discussion.
Vohark wrote:
Vohark wrote:
Vohark wrote:

Coolthanksbye
Thank you for contributing nothing to the discussion.
What discussion? Half this thread is nonsense
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2