Forums / Community / General Discussion

Who else killed the friendly AI for fun?

OP Macinwoof

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
I do it sometimes to see what the other's reactions are, Sometimes I would have an all out war with the UNSC in Halo: CE campaign.

Share your stories here!
Macinwoof wrote:
I do it sometimes to see what the other's reactions are, Sometimes I would have an all out war with the UNSC in Halo: CE campaign.

Share your stories here!
The bit at the start of Shutdown in H4 was funny I found. Also a greatbway to test H4's heavy weapons sandbox
I only kill the friendly AI if it will be to my advantage. For example, killing the Marines during the CE Halo mission can give you a faster time if you're speed running it. Another instance could be that I need ammo and they can give me that.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I only kill the friendly AI if it will be to my advantage. For example, killing the Marines during the CE Halo mission can give you a faster time if you're speed running it. Another instance could be that I need ammo and they can give me that.
I kill them for ammo too, but I never tried speedrunning it. Do you know how to speedrun Halo CE in MCC?
Macinwoof wrote:
I kill them for ammo too, but I never tried speedrunning it. Do you know how to speedrun Halo CE in MCC?
I know some things, but I'm not an avid speed runner. There are a lot of guides on Youtube if you're interested in doing that.
I always take it seriously when I play games as that's just how I enjoy playing, so I never deliberately caused harm to any UNSC personnel or friendlies, ever.
I do it when they kill me first, they throw me grenades by mistake or they hit me and I die
I remember when I was a kid playing Halo 2 with my mate and he used to kill the ODST's on Delta Halo and I'd get so mad at him for it lol
I do it when they kill me first, they throw me grenades by mistake or they hit me and I die
Lol I almost went on a rampage today while playing Truth and Reconciliation. I took out all the enemies coming out of one door and then a marine decided to throw a grenade for good measure... WHILE I WAS STANDING INSIDE THE DOOR!

Other than stuff like that, I really don't like killing my friendly AI. On heroic and legendary difficulty, they are usually pretty useful and they also usually end up dying pretty quickly anyway because I'm not good enough to keep them alive all that long lol.
I sometimes to do it in a random mission for the lol in Halo 3, to the joking disdain of my co-op partners. But my most fun is in the hanger of the pelican mission of Halo 4. I see that as Halo 4 firefight! They actually will send in Spartan teams to stop you the longer you sit around. Sadly is does stop after a bit. But it can be fun on legendary!
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I second that, i only do it for the faster mission times.... or the ammo on occasion.
What a bunch of maniacs lol. The last time I slaughtered friendlies was back on the bridge of the Pillar of Autumn in 2003.
I have never committed friendly fire. Ever. :)
So I got really bored and was like whatever MY TOES NOW! and I killed the AI
For most part im the opposite, for the most time I try to save as many friendly NPCs as possible.

Though for speedruns killing some friendly NPCs is necessary to save some time.

And as for fun, not exactly, but sometimes for curiosity. One thing was to test if essential characters could be killed, as in Keyes, that was short lived, otherwise to see how AI reacts and works. Technicalities sometimes become interesting to make notes of.

"Out of the way, amigo!"
Macinwoof wrote:

Share your stories here!
I used to the the same thing in Halo 3. I think the mission was "Ghost Town" I don't remember but, it was right after you destroy the scarab and you enter the temporary marine HQ. I started with the wounded and worked my way up..... if I didn't die first.
Let's just say, my fellow marines have a habit of walking right in front of my gun even when I'm not backstabbing them...
Megg is also a cracking reason for this
USCRuss72 wrote:
What a bunch of maniacs lol. The last time I slaughtered friendlies was back on the bridge of the Pillar of Autumn in 2003.
Yaaaas! I loved that! I found that out back around Christmas 2001. Thought it was funny..... until I could not kill the Marines.... fun fact! You can kill the captain in the truth and reconciliation by killing all enemies but one in the brig (prefer easy and leave a grunt) Open the doors and go and shoot keys. He is a normal soldier to the mind of the code in the game. He is not labled as the captain then. So killing him is no different from killing a normal marine. After that, kill the last grunt. The cutscene will start and the blood remains but keys is alive.
I've got a bit of a story to tell. One time I was doing a playthrough of CE on the collection. When I got to Truth and Reconciliation, I got to the room on the highest floor where there's that elite with a sword standing above everyone. I kept trying to take him out with my sniper rifle before he could notice us, but the marines were having none of that. They kept going in guns blazing like a bunch of morons and getting themselves killed. After reverting back to the last checkpoint about six or seven times, I lost my patience and killed them all. Satisfying as it was, it had its consequences later.

When I made it to the captain and the 3 marines he had with him, the game still marked me as an enemy to them and they had me stuck in a spawnkilling loop. So I shut the game off, and when I came back later I started the campaign from the beginning. Except this time, I killed every single marine. Every. Single One. And I killed Keyes a few times on Truth and Recon as well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5