Forums / Community / General Discussion

Who else killed the friendly AI for fun?

OP Macinwoof

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Sometimes I chose to let them do the fighting for me to see how well their fared in Legendary; they did not fair well.
Me on a warthog...you'll be ok as long as you get outta the way
I only do it on accident but I wonder if it works in halo 5
V4L4KH wrote:
Me on a warthog...you'll be ok as long as you get outta the way
I passively try not to hit/kill the friendly AI which usually succeeds until I drive pretty much anything, and then it is survival of the fleet footed.
I never kill the friendly AI except by accident. Occasionally a stray grenade or rocket might hit them, but I do my best to keep them safe, because if they die I feel bad. I'm weird like that.
Let be reallistic
enemy AI = all code indicates to dodge, evade or cover to avoid any damage
friendly AI = the lemming string curse says: get in the way of any incoming vehicle / projectile to take as many as you can (preferably the player) because of the splash damage.
i kill any AIs that piss my off or just for fun
Hahaha when I was kid and i played CE I killed marines cause I thought that I could join the Covenant and that they would believe that I was on their side and they would stop shooting me
I'm sure everyone here killed Cpt. Keys on Halo CE and had to face the invincible SGM. Johnson.
I remember I was playing Halo 2 on Legendary, I was playing the second level and I was at the part where there were a bunch of Jackal snipers. The Marines wpuld deliberately run on down the alley and get killed and it would be to a point where it would be counterproductive to what I'm trying to do and often times it got me killed. So I get pissed after respawning and I would gun down the two marines who thought it would be a great idea to run through an alley dodging sniper fire. Also had many accidental friendly-fires at Delta Halo from ODSTs running right in front of my line of fire.
In halo 1 and 2 hahaha
I would always kill the Marines on CE to get their guns. Haha. Always kill that stupid marine that holds the sniper on the Halo mission because he can't shoot.
i do it when i am bored and want to kill something other than aliens, or am in need of ammo.
Who didn't? Think I tried it in every game. My favorite was in Halo 3 because the arbiter would slaughter you with his sword
Macinwoof wrote:
I do it sometimes to see what the other's reactions are, Sometimes I would have an all out war with the UNSC in Halo: CE campaign.

Share your stories here!
Sometimes, when I first started playing Halo, I would do horrible things to the Marines via plasma grenades, just to see what would happen. I discovered the invincible Marines on the Pillar of Autumn this way by accident when I went back and shot Captain Keyes. Since then, however, I've become the kind of guy who tries to keep the Marines alive as long as possible, ever since playing Truth & Reconciliation on Legendary, where I discovered that having the Marines alive actually gave you a better chance for survival because the Covenant didn't focus all of their attention on you if they also had to focus on the Marines.

I have, however, recently begun attacking the Friendly AI in Halo 5... because I just find myself growing frustrated with them so much. Despite having more advanced AI than previous games, I've found that the Team AI in Halo 5's campaign are even more useless than the Marines in Combat Evolved and Halo 2, and those guys (CE) would run me over with a ghost by accident or toss a grenade at an enemy less than two feet away from them (H2)!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Lol i do the same too
I used to chuck plasma grenades on marines and run like hell as they opened fire on me for a second then blew up behind me
Did it all the time back in Halo 3 on Crows nest and Halo 4 on shutdown I believe was the missions name.
The only time I ever really killed friendlies was when I wanted to send a Warthog into low orbit in Combat Evolved. See, Marines dropped grenades, and there were a lot of them on Silent Cartographer....

Even better in co-op, since players would respawn with grenades, and drop them when killed. Exploiting the CE physics engine for fun and profit.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5