Forums / Community / General Discussion

Who else killed the friendly AI for fun?

OP Macinwoof

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Raises hand slowly. That is satisfying.
Put me on that list.
I killed them for Overshields in H2 LASO
Almost every time on The Pillar of Autumn. Kill Keyes, kill crewmen, hide in that little nook at the front of the ship, get swiss cheese'd while climbing the ladder back up.
It didn't help that Halo 2 gave them valuable Battle/Sniper Rifles, and the ammo that comes with them.
SPC RUTH wrote:
I killed them for Overshields in H2 LASO
Yh that was good at the time ahaha
Only if I need the ammo.
yh some AIs would have like a sniper and say i would want that, then i would also kill them for it ahah!
Did it a couple times in the pillar of autumn in ce. Boi it gets heated once Keyes goes down
In solo i normally keep them alive, find them far more reliable than players. Anyway what is up with everyone killing them in matchmaking? the marines are very useful.
While playing CE I saw an AI with a sniper rifle I desperately needed. He wasn't coming with me to the next area so he may have got a little bludgeoned
Hmm...I never did kill friendly AIs on purpose. Perhpas during accidental run overs or firing a rocket launcher. But never on purpose for laughs. I always seee AI marines or Spartans as teammates I must protect. Because whether as a Spartan IV, Titan Pilot or Space Marine...I defend the warriors of makind ^^
In easy I tried to get them killed for fun, in normal and heroic I try to keep them alive at all costs, in legendary I don’t care about them at all
When the AI yell "Grenade!" I just immediately kill them.
Nah i rather wasted my time keeping the marines alive with me
USCRuss72 wrote:
What a bunch of maniacs lol. The last time I slaughtered friendlies was back on the bridge of the Pillar of Autumn in 2003.
Duuuude you're doing Halo wrong. Free ammo and PB on the clock for missions. I found this thread hilarious because I would apologise while reloading my weapon/s crouching over the expired spartan... circle of life my friend. Circle of life . 😂
Nah i rather wasted my time keeping the marines alive with me
Did the same thing, felt bad every time I lost one so I would just go back to my last checkpoint.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I only kill the friendly AI if it will be to my advantage. For example, killing the Marines during the CE Halo mission can give you a faster time if you're speed running it. Another instance could be that I need ammo and they can give me that.
I wouldn't have thought it would be for speed running, does killing AI's prevent certain dialogue?
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I only kill the friendly AI if it will be to my advantage. For example, killing the Marines during the CE Halo mission can give you a faster time if you're speed running it. Another instance could be that I need ammo and they can give me that.
I wouldn't have thought it would be for speed running, does killing AI's prevent certain dialogue?
In Halo killing the marines means you don't have to clear areas and wait for Foehammer to pick them up, so it's a lot faster.
There are a few spots where killing them skips dialogue, such as the start of The Arbiter in H2.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
In Halo killing the marines means you don't have to clear areas and wait for Foehammer to pick them up, so it's a lot faster.
There are a few spots where killing them skips dialogue, such as the start of The Arbiter in H2.
Improbable Dee Improbable DeeIMPROBABLE DEEI know you from somewhere, Bungie.net back in the day? God names so familiar with the profile picture. Maybe it was even Waypoint 5 years ago.

Thanks for clearing that marine thing up by the way.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Improbable Dee Improbable DeeIMPROBABLE DEEI know you from somewhere, Bungie.net back in the day? God names so familiar with the profile picture. Maybe it was even Waypoint 5 years ago.

Thanks for clearing that marine thing up by the way.
I... had never used this gamertag for anything Halo related up until about 5-6 months ago and the only online stuff I've done with it is Payday 2/GTA 5, so I'm afraid you may be misremembering. :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5