1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Masterchief, but Noble 6 almost takes #1st place for me
SGT. Johnson the best soldier companion for me.
Easy, the man the myth the legend John 117
Well there are a lot of characters I like, for example, Chief, Arbiter, Sgt. Johnson, Jorge, Lasky (if he was more developed), Cortana, Guilty Spark, and Atriox.

However, recently, my most favorite character has actually been Exuberant Witness!
Its just something about her cheery and carefree yet 'can do attitude' that is hilarious and endearing. Making me wonder what thing she'll say next! She feels like a worthy 'replacement' for 343-Guilty-Spark (even though actually still alive) as he was fairly cheery yet serious in his own way as well.
Oh, also, you DON'T want to mess with her. With her tendency to cage anything fascinating and rage over others taking her things (looking at you Cortana) it adds a incredibly strong interior to the seemingly sweet exterior of the character.
Johnson of course!
The Arbiter.
Sgt. Johnson the man with the great one liners!
Buck! So funny!
SAY WHAT!? Sergeant Johnson ofc!
Arby and/or the Chief
Mal he is very funny and I have a fascination with Russians.
Noble 6
Admiral hood, by far the most bad -Yoink- admiral of all time
Has to be the Arbiter for me
I can't choose between two... Thel 'Vadamee is a personal favorite as I liked the Elites on Halo CE.

The other is Chipps Dubbo, because he a marine that just can't die.
As for Arbiter personality, in H2 and H3 they have a great job behind and his voice is perfect. but the voice of truth in H2 still seems better to me.
Do they have to be alive or can I pick anybody?
Do they have to be alive or can I pick anybody?
Any Halo character that has ever existed can be chosen.
I have to go with the Chief for this one. He's quiet and serious, but there is a lot under the surface. He has a dry sense of humor that comes out every once in a while, and of course, he's a badass. He knows what was done to the Spartan II's was questionable, but he still fights unceasingly for humanity, even to the point that he is willing to die for them. He cares deeply, but he keeps it on the down low for the most part.
  1. Arbiter
  2. Buck
  3. Rookie
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5