Forums / Community / General Discussion

Who's your favorite Halo character and why?

OP Val Vki Drazum

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
My favorite Halo character would have to be either Sgt. Johnson, or Frederic 104. Fred shares a close personality to me lore wise, and Johnson I just grew up with.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
1. Master Chief
2. Cortana
3. Stg. Johnson
Hmmm... this is always changing depending on how I'm feeling and what I'm playing. But right now, probably Cortana. But there's quite a few that are in 2nd place.
( ^_^)
1. The Arbiter (Thel 'Vadam). Just really cool imo.
2. Sgt. Johnson. Absolutely hilarious.
3. Master Chief. Because he's just BA.
Honorary Mention: Cortana. Surprised I've seen some Cortana fans in these early replies after the negative response she got in Halo 5. Personally, I think her character arc is very interesting throughout all the games and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to her in Infinite (Isabel vs. Cortana anyone? No? Just me? Ok).
There's a lot of amazing characters,but if had to choose one,it would be the Arbiter(Thel Vadam).
I personally have two myself.
Arbiter (Thel Vadam) mostly cause he reminds of me in many ways
Monitor Exzubrent: Mostly cause I thought it was nice to see a female voiced Forrunner Monitor plus she and me have a lot in common like I am a friendly ally as long as you stay on my good side and a mean tough Spartan once angered lol.
Primordial/ Gravemind—everything about him/ it/ them is interesting, even down to the vernacular (which I suppose technically goes against the definition). In terms of villains, Gravemind's pretty high up there for me.
Chief, because badass one liners
Kurt Ambrose because he's the only spartan-II to actually show serious humanity. He cared so deeply for his spartans that he gave his life to save them.
I've got more of a small list rather than 1 specific favorite.

Noble 6, rookie, and bungie chief because they're the unstoppable gun with few words kinda guys. Locke is kinda the same way but not really good enough to make it onto my favorites list.
Thel vadum because he's an intelligent warrior, has an interesting personality, and a loyal ally unless you're a prophet.
Rtas vadum, very inspirational character and has a cool voice.
Virgil, he's very helpful, makes fun beep
sounds, and his emoticon expressions are simple yet adorable.
Serina because the sarcastic characters always make a game/show better.
And finally, atriox because he just showed up out of the blue and started obliterating everything that came in contact with him. Probably the most intimidating character in the halo games and easily my second favorite villian of all time.
Kurt Ambrose because he's the only spartan-II to actually show serious humanity. He cared so deeply for his spartans that he gave his life to save them.
What about jorge?
He was also arguably the most skilled Spartan of all time.
I would have to go with Buck main reason is because he seems to have a sense of humor.
In the games I have to go with Sergeant Forge. I likes his story and he killed an Arbiter single handedly. Other media I have to pick Admiral Preston Cole; his humble beginnings as a farmer to savior of humanity in the early half of the war was exhilarating.
I really like the Arbiter, and especially in Halo 5. It was great to see him in his element as the Leader of the Swords of Sanghelios. Also, I loved his armour upgrade. Shame we didn't see that much of him though.
I've got more of a small list rather than 1 specific favorite.

Noble 6, rookie, and bungie chief because they're the unstoppable gun with few words kinda guys. Locke is kinda the same way but not really good enough to make it onto my favorites list.
Thel vadum because he's an intelligent warrior, has an interesting personality, and a loyal ally unless you're a prophet.
Rtas vadum, very inspirational character and has a cool voice.
Virgil, he's very helpful, makes fun beep
sounds, and his emoticon expressions are simple yet adorable.
Serina because the sarcastic characters always make a game/show better.
And finally, atriox because he just showed up out of the blue and started obliterating everything that came in contact with him. Probably the most intimidating character in the halo games and easily my second favorite villian of all time.
What about jorge?
I love Jorge, but I don't consider Halo Reach's story to be canon because it conflicts spectacularly with the book, which is better. Otherwise, I would see your point.
My favorite Halo character would have to be either Sgt. Johnson, or Frederic 104. Fred shares a close personality to me lore wise, and Johnson I just grew up with.
I totally forgot about Thel 'Vadam (the Arbiter of Halo 2-5). We would be somewhere close to Sgt. Johnson in nostalgia, and I grew up with this character aswell.
Buck cuz Nathan Fillion.
Jul 'Mdama was a pretty interesting character to read about in the Kilo-Five trilogy. Admittedly, it's been a few years since I last read them, but I do remember the conversations that he had with his interrogator in Glasslands, and how angered he became after his wife's death in The Thursday War.

But in the games, it'd have to be either Thel 'Vadam, or Lasky. Vadam is such a badass when paired with Chief, and Lasky's down-to-Earth and supportive personality is an excellent support for Chief. The epilogue scene he had with Chief on the deck of the Infinity was my favorite in Halo 4.
Cortana has always been my fav, even if she has some bad mental breakdowns, I still love u boo ;)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2