Forums / Community / General Discussion

Why are you a Halo fan?

OP Nightwing0135

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I usually have a dry spell from time to time when I play something else, but Halo usually tends to find its way back to me; regardless if I even have a physical copy on me or not at the time. I can spend all day talking about how Halo can make families, friendships and relationships that much better through vast creativity and team work and friendly competition. The Halo community is one of the best communities out there; whether you're a noob or not. My favorite thing about this series; besides the friends you make along the way, is if you're even without wifi, you can just pop in the disc or whatever and just play the -Yoink- out of it. Though, that hasn't really been the case with Halo 5, it's still pretty fun to play like its predecessors. I hope they bring split-screen co-op back as well as dual-wielding in Halo Infinite.
Because halo is so realistic in its sci fi aspect. It always felt relatable and i could imagine our world coming together and the current UN starting to represent humanity with it's space navy and then launching the UNSC. Also because of the story, the armor and the novels and most importantly the abundance of material that you could read from and how vast it's universe is just like or real world.
I love the gamplay and the lore of halo
I was playing Halo 3 with my step brother. But I didn't got into Halo till I got some Mega Bloks Halo sets, then I start playing a lot and build some custom Halo vehicles out of mega blocks.
CesarDSM7 wrote:
I love the gamplay and the lore of halo
Aw man you stole mine! Other than that the fun times I have with friends.
I like it because of all the reasons you stated and of course... memories.
I've been playing since Halo: Combat Evolved was released on the original Xbox. I first played the demo on an Xbox kiosk and the rest is history. The story is fantastic and multiplayer never gets old. Even now days with as busy as I am, Halo is always my "go to" game because its easier to load up and play a quick 12 minute game of slayer than it is to load up and play anything else.
Is everything an answer? I’ve been playing it as long as I can remember.
I first played Halo CE on my pc that couldnt handle the game. I was playing the game at like 1 frame every 30 seconds at parts of the campaign, but i was so absorbed by the world building that I pushed through it gleefully. Since then, I've been doing videos and machinimas using halo, and I've enjoyed myself every step of the way!
I am a Halo fan mainly because of the Friendships I have made playing the Halo multiplayer modes, along with the story, characters, visuals, and Gameplay. basically the only thing I dislike about halo, was that I didn't jump onto the Band-wagon sooner.
because of the gameplay, the multiplayer, and specially, the music. the music is the reason that i bought a piano last christmas. plus its fun when you play with friends
I used to watch my big brother play Halo 2-3 on the Xbox and Xbox 360. My interest just sort of grew from there. Never have I ever not bought the latest halo game, or book for that matter. Halo was also being played a lot by my cousins that we are pretty close to so we used to play halo at their house as well.
I started playing Halo with CE on Windows, that sparked my love, then I got to play Reach on my Uncle's Xbox and that sealed it for me, the customization, multiplayer with the siblings, the story, Reach is what started my love and to this day is my all time favourite game, I am genuinely sad I can't share my Service Record on Waypoint (yet(?)). Halo boiled down to the simplest form for me is Reach and CE, I have so many amazing memories on both games and will always return to them (especially since they are coming to PC)

The second reason would also be the lore, I really do enjoy the lore and the fact that if I can't game, I can pick up one of the books and read them!

I'd be silly if I didn't include the community as well, I love the community of Halo fans, I have had many conversations with fellow community members and it has always been an awesome experience.
I've been playing since childhood. it was my first FPS and is what got me hooked on pseudo-realistic sci-fi settings.
I like the fiction, exploring conflicts between sects of humanity as they exist in real life. I like the deeper philosophy of nurturing life - the opposite of the wars going on. The rise and fall of the Forerunners and Humanity is tragedy and triumph, discovery, power and loss. The technology developed by the various species is interesting in how it relates to the stories. Transhumanism with the Spartans - how far they'd go to solve their own problems and fight aliens who act as space terrorists. I like the Bibilcal references in naming and the plot (John 1:17, the Ark, the covenant...). I really like how competitive the multiplayer is and the maps and the back and forthness of polygonal Spartans (aka fictional) battling, respawning and messing around. Creating things in Forge and seeing creations is sweet, as well as custom made games with your friends.
I love stories with sci-fi and aliens in it. Anything that transports me to another world.
I'm a Halo fan because I played it with my dad, brother and friends basically ever since CE came out. I'm a big fan of the multiplayer and campaign. I also read the books. I like how the community brings each other together. I'm blessed to be a part of great Halo clan (message me for details). I also think when Infinite comes out there will be a lot of new blood.
I got hooked on it when I bought the original xbox, CE included. I was hooked from the start. Moving mechanics the vehicles and actually had a story to follow. Not to mention it made me into an achievement junkie... lol.
Grew up with it. My dad had on an old Xbox with CE. I've been playing it since I was 3 and haven't stopped. It's my childhood.
When i was a kid, i found a master chief mega block on the ground. At the time i didn't know it was master chief. It looked really cool. One day I saw my cousins play halo and i didn't know it was halo at the time. As a kid i saw my mega block character was the same guy on screen and I really wanted to play the game because of that. I couldn't play it cause it was a shooter so i had to wait cause my parents wouldn't let me lol. I then got to play it at a friends house and i had so much fun shooting up aliens. Eventually I got my own xbox and got to play halo ce. I then ended up deeply enjoying the story and ended up being a huge halo fun. I Love how its not fast time to kill, you are a badass metal suit solider in the future with massive guns, and you shoot aliens in an amazing campaign and get to play with friends and against.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3