Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Why are you into Halo?

OP ODST from 105th

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
My dad introduced me to reach and 4 on the xb360 and we played through all the campaigns on splitscreen together
i've always loved science fiction and on top of that theres just something about Halo that i absolutely love
I started playing CE on my dads account at 11 then I got into the pvp type of game mods, and now Im hooked onto Halo 5 pvp and warzone. Halo 5 is also great because of all the armors and helmets to customize your spartans.
I got into Halo because of the story and it’s addictive multiplayer. I’ve always been intrigued by Halo’s story and I own all the books and have completed all the campaigns several times.

I’m also a competitive-natured person, and with Halo being a very competitive FPS series, the multiplayer draws me back time and time again.
My friends in elementary school loved CE on the Xbox and talked about it all the time. So I joined suit soon after. Then Halo 2 came along and really solidified my interest in the series, with all the time I spent and friends I made on Xbox Live.
When I was in kindergarten my parents got my brothers and I an Xbox and Halo CE for Christmas. I loved playing three player split screen and fighting over who got the bigger screen with my brothers. I enjoyed playing multiplayer and the campaign with them too. Ever since then I’ve been playing and enjoying the games! Best video game series to date in my opinion. Looking forward to playing the games in the future 😎🎮🍻
The name & the core gameplay is what keeps me coming back
Convince me there's another FPS multiplayer game that provides the kind of gameplay Halo 3 does (and it can't be another Halo).

That's why I'm here.
Just sort of am? I dont wanna say I grew up with the series but I quite literally did (born in 2000).

Idk, I just kinda didnt hate it. Even though I “grew up with it” (god that phrase needs to die) I’m not at all blind to its faults like how CE and 2 are generally kind of lackluster on the whole nowadays. CE was Magnum spam, Halo 2 was BR spam.

Halo 3 has its paper thin resolution of the trilogy which whilst nice looking and in engaging set pieces doesn’t satisfy as much as I had hoped.

I’m thoroughly against pretending the original trilogy were flawless masterpieces, they innovated for their time but their time has passed and now they exist as enjoyable but occasionally janky and frustrating reminders to how we got here today.

I started with Halo 2, and tbh up until recently I had a hard time liking the actual experience. Im not a multiplayer enthusiast but Halo 2 multiplayer makes me want to deepthroat a scimitar, SMG and BR, dont dare use anything else because the only other weapons that are viable are sword, sniper and rockets.

The campaign has terrible difficulty balance decisions at times and half the levels are you standing around for 5 minutes at waves of respawning enemies which is not only boring, but stops being engaging on the higher difficulties because it turns into “hide, peak, shoot, repeat”. That isnt strategy, that’s BR/Carbine slavery.

My biggest issue has always been the fans of the series rather than the actual games themselves though. People get absurdly nitpicky about anything 343 does, but can overlook literally anything wrong with the original trilogy because reasons?

I understand criticising decisions based on logic and you know, reasonable assumptions. But to say that Halo fans dont use logic is to say that elephants cant fly; Its absolutely true but you should try throwing grenades at their feet just in case.

TL;DR: I’m not giving you a TL;DR.
My dad got me into it. He used to play a lot when I was younger, but his favorite was Halo. When I was about 2 years old when I picked up my first controller. My dad and some of my uncle's were playing Halo 2 on the classic Xbox using LAN. My dad got up to do something and I picked up his controller and netted him a few kills by the time he got back. Since then I've be a gamer.
I was 5 years old. My parents often eat with friends and their son and my older brother always went into his room and played a game.

One day, I wanted to know what was goin on there. And it was Halo 1.

Now I'm nearly 25, had bad grades because I played so much Halo but was working some years in a government position and can enjoy my actuall job as a Saveguard - have to say: I totally don't regret a thing
It was a CE bundle with the box.
Never heard of Halo before.

Got hooked from the first minute.
What i liked was the dynamic in combar.
You have time to switch weapons, throw nades, take cover or even get away.
In which shooter do you have these options?
i know none. its all shoot your dead in 1 sec.

Halo is different.
The maps, the vehicles... its unique
The gameplay and story is what keeps me involved in Halo. Their is no game comparable to the fascinating story and gameplay that is unique to Halo.
I remember my brother playing 3, and I would watch him and sometimes even join him to mess around. I vaguely remember when my brother was 11-12 he received the Halo Reach Xbox bundle back in 2010 and him being absolutely stoked. Me being a 9 year old, I looked up to my brother, thought he was the coolest and was automatically interested into whatever he was at the time. Unfortunately my mother thought it was inappropriate for a girl my age, and of course she was correct... I would still sometimes sneak on to play with my brother in Forge, though he would always beat my buns.

In 2014 is when I started actually getting more involved with Halo, though for a good while we no longer had a console to play it on- so I would more or less watch videos, read the books, soak up lore knowledge.

Wow, ive been rambling. I guess I like it so much because the stories, the games, the armor, the weapons- everything about the franchise is awesome, and I love being able to play as a strong supersoldier.
KaeSpoon wrote:
I remember my brother playing 3, and I would watch him and sometimes even join him to mess around. I vaguely remember when my brother was 11-12 he received the Halo Reach Xbox bundle back in 2010 and him being absolutely stoked. Me being a 9 year old, I looked up to my brother, thought he was the coolest and was automatically interested into whatever he was at the time. Unfortunately my mother thought it was inappropriate for a girl my age, and of course she was correct... I would still sometimes sneak on to play with my brother in Forge, though he would always beat my buns.

In 2014 is when I started actually getting more involved with Halo, though for a good while we no longer had a console to play it on- so I would more or less watch videos, read the books, soak up lore knowledge.

Wow, ive been rambling. I guess I like it so much because the stories, the games, the armor, the weapons- everything about the franchise is awesome, and I love being able to play as a strong supersoldier.
Regardless of one's national origin, gender, age (within reason) or beliefs, Halo is for everyone. A sad and pain filled story that can still give us hope, no matter what humanity faces. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.
Its so fun that its just addicicting. once you start playing pvp and get good, you keep playing and getting armors
The title says it all. Why are you into this series? I'm not asking what can be improved. So please, no debates about why one game is better than the other. Just the most basic question. Why are you here?

I originally got into it for the multi-player. But I stayed because of the fiction. It's the biggest reason why I'm still here. And it's why I'm staying here. I wanna see what happens.
I was born in 2000, so i'm fairly young. When I was a baby, my dad used to play the Xbox with me on his lap. As I got older, he'd give me a dead controller and pretend to play with me until one day I realzied my character wasn't moving like his and the jig was up. So he gave me a working controller and we tooled around in Combat Evolved campaign and some split screen multiplayer. Even though at that time I was super young, like four years old, I still had tons of fun. I started playing by msyelf at any chance I could get and in 2004, yes four years old, I beat Halo CE on Easy after many months of playing. It's been my game ever since. I played Halo 2 a bit after it came out and my little brother was born, and we "played" together, with me giving him a working controller and teaching him to play on Zanzabar with both of us playing as elites. I only played campaign and never multiplayer, but I still had a blast. Halo has been with me literally my whole life. The story, the characters, sounds and experiences are all part of my life. Halo 3 came out and I played that with my brother and dad as well, and it was also my entry point into multiplayer. I got made fun of being a little squeky kid on the mic in game chat, but I still played regardless. Many hours were put into custom games and forge. Then I grew older, so did Halo, with Halo Reach coming out, now that I was more mature I started to really get good and competitive at the game. I played through Halo 4, played a ton of Halo 5, and here I am now, literally a Spartan 2, geared up and ready to take on Halo Infinite with my brother.
I'm into this series because I was raised in it.
I grew up with it. I watched my dad play it until I was maybe 4 or 3 years old then I played time to time and after years I just kept playing it, I don’t care if it’s a bad Halo game. I like it because it’s Halo
I first ran into the series with 5. I was amazed by the exotic weapons i have never seen before and the amazing scenery. then i saw the chief in all his glory and wondered how did he get here? I looked up any other halos. I saw MCC and got that and started playing. I saw the entire storyline of how chief saved humanity and all life from being obliterated by the rings. i decided to dive deeper into halopedia. I became a sort of halo geek but not really and now i am here because waypoint is fun
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2