Forums / Community / General Discussion

Why didn't 343I licenced action figures for H2A?

OP NegativeEnd0090

There was something in my dream I had. I came across what looked like a Halo 2 Anniversary edition Elite Major. There was also what I assumed to be an ODST and a red Spartan in a combo pack.

Now that had me wondering, why weren't the figures released for Halo 2 Anniversary?

In my dream, they were very much like the Joyride series, but more detailed. That would have made an awesome toy line for Halo's merchandising.
Okay first of all.... how are you having Halo dreams, and can you teach me how to have them as well??

But seriously, I could have swore there were toys and figures created based on (or at least after) H2A was released with MCC. I know McFarlane Toys made a 6" Master Chief figure as part of a 10th anniversary line, but idk if that was more of a 10th anniversary thing in general, or specifically made to tie into H2A as a game.
Okay first of all.... how are you having Halo dreams, and can you teach me how to have them as well??

But seriously, I could have swore there were toys and figures created based on (or at least after) H2A was released with MCC. I know McFarlane Toys made a 6" Master Chief figure as part of a 10th anniversary line, but idk if that was more of a 10th anniversary thing in general, or specifically made to tie into H2A as a game.
I guess I might've missed that. I was referring more to, well, having the figures being of that style, like the marines and the elites. There has been a statue of Master Chief from Halo CEA. Why not make some figures of those particular designs. Think of how awesome and detailed they would look, and if they're 12 inches, and with reflective visors. I know awesome that Elite Major looked in it.

As for your inquiry, I dunno, it just sort of happened. I guess if you're passionate enough about something, and if you think about it a lot, that might be bound to show up in your dreams. I believed there was one where I was Master Chief, or rather dressed like him, and I was in some sort of outpost that kind of resembles something you see in some farm lands or junk yard, all I know it was made up of some shacks made of wood. And I think it was in the Hunger Games setting, and I was shooting down some VTOLs with a scorpion tank.
There was something in my dream I had. I came across what looked like a Halo 2 Anniversary edition Elite Major. There was also what I assumed to be an ODST and a red Spartan in a combo pack.

Now that had me wondering, why weren't the figures released for Halo 2 Anniversary?

In my dream, they were very much like the Joyride series, but more detailed. That would have made an awesome toy line for Halo's merchandising.
It wasn't exactly an anniversary figure but there was a McFarlane Halo 2 Master Chief that was released on the tail end of McFarlane's Halo series. When Halo 2 Anniversary came out, it was bad timing because it was when McFarlane was heading out the door and Mattel was starting to take the reins. Maybe we'll see some releases down the road but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Moving forward, Wicked Cool Toys was just made "Global Toy Licensee" for Halo Infinite meaning that Mattel will no longer make Halo figures. They're products aren't scheduled to be released until Holiday 2020 but we will more than likely get a sneak peak at what's coming during the 2020 New York Toy Fair. I'm optimistic that we'll see a bunch of new action figures and combo packs once Halo Infinite has been released.
I mean 3 spartans and 3 Elites, not really much to make off of it. So i can see why.
FOTUS wrote:
I mean 3 spartans and 3 Elites, not really much to make off of it. So i can see why.
They could also issue some ODSTs, or Marines, or Grunts even.

You sir are correct.