Forums / Community / General Discussion

Why do people Dislike Chief's new armor so much?

OP Snockooz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Like many other non issue issues that this community obsesses over I view the changes as natural and necessary. My frame of view with Halo always starts with HCE and the massive transition to H2 then the side step to H3. Essentially there are too many who have fixated on the H2 & H3 period as the only acceptable models for everything Halo.
The HCE armor is classic, but the H2 armor looked better, H3 only polished up the H2 model, Halo 4 & 5 had a slick new take that so many hated since they only have eyes for H2&H3. So it looks like 343i caved in to relentless community pressure and went backwards with Infinite's armor which now looks mundane.
Like many other non issue issues that this community obsesses over I view the changes as natural and necessary. My frame of view with Halo always starts with HCE and the massive transition to H2 then the side step to H3. Essentially there are too many who have fixated on the H2 & H3 period as the only acceptable models for everything Halo.
The HCE armor is classic, but the H2 armor looked better, H3 only polished up the H2 model, Halo 4 & 5 had a slick new take that so many hated since they only have eyes for H2&H3. So it looks like 343i caved in to relentless community pressure and went backwards with Infinite's armor which now looks mundane.
The armor switch between CE and 2 was clearly explained. Chief got a new suit. The issue everyone has with the H3-H4 is the -Yoink- explanation. There literally was no real explanation for how Chief got a completely different suit.
The armor looks good to me... I just see it as evolution.
Master Cheifs armor has changed throughout all the games, seems to keep becomeing more life like, then the cracked helmet adds to his character doesnt it.
I didnt go with the Halo style. It looks more like a generic futuristic soldier more than the tank soldier that looks more like a human with armor that a future robot. Anyways the big problem with this change is that 343i change everything like they own the place and we were suppose to like anything they do. Halo was there before they exists and it has fans all over the world they were just like "this is OUR Halo" and change even the music. Some people like, many didn't (thats why they are change it again)
Funnily enough, Chief's new armour is one of the few new designs I like. If the crotch area had a bit more armour, I think it would look better, as the armour looks a little unbalanced without it.
Well, I dont know neither...I like Chief's 343i armor design more than Bungie's. DFont get me wrong, Bungie's armor design for the Master Chief was nice but 343 i made it look like a real super soldier, high tech suit of armor.
I liked all three armours, although my favourites are CEA's Mark V, H2A's Mark VI and Halo 4's Mark VI:
CEA was because of small details like the ammo bandolier on the waist and it felt like it had more weight that a Spartan would behold
H2A was because it looked cleaner and was the best design of the Bungie Mark VI, although I've always felt the Mark VI in Halo 2 was too slim
4 was because of the same reason as CEA although it's also contribution to the animation for serving that weighty feel to the armour and having a bit of bulk, although I do think a bit too much detail was put in the armour so it looked like it had too much "what's the purpose of that?" notion to it
I like the redesign of the Chief's armor a lot, but I can see why people don't like change.
I just don’t like the shoulders for some reason.
I dont dislike it, but I wish they introduced the armor differently, rather then; poof new armor
the fact that it was a sudden change

honestly though, I've been seeing more and more people changing their minds about his armor, welcoming the change. despite looking different, its still somehow recognizable as the chief
My only gripe with the Master Chief's armor is how it changes. I guess specifically with Halo 4. He was in cyrosleep for a long time yet it looks completely different between the end of Halo 3 and beginning of Halo 4. I know, it's a small detail, but it's always been like, "who changed his armor?!?! And how?!!?"
My only gripe with the Master Chief's armor is how it changes. I guess specifically with Halo 4. He was in cyrosleep for a long time yet it looks completely different between the end of Halo 3 and beginning of Halo 4. I know, it's a small detail, but it's always been like, "who changed his armor?!?! And how?!!?"
Cortana used nanobots. essentially, nanobots are the medichlorians of Halo
Was that explained at one point in time or no?
yeah, in an interview with the story writer
Oh? Do you happen to remember when/who it was with? I'd love to go back and listen to the interview if possible
Oh? Do you happen to remember when/who it was with? I'd love to go back and listen to the interview if possible
don't remember his name or when this interview was, but I'm sure if you google it you can find it easily
don't remember his name or when this interview was, but I'm sure if you google it you can find it easily
Ill have to do some digging and see what I can find
I personally don't dislike the design, I dislike how it came to be canon.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4