Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Why do we have to have a post limit?

OP FalseTruth9404

Why do we have to have a post limit? I know it is meant to stop people from getting an easy Spartan rank, but I want to discuss topics, and it’s really hard to when I have to conserve my posts
The post limit for new accounts is low to reduce the impact of spam accounts on the forums. Spam attacks have happened on Waypoint in the past, and it's not fun for anyone when it happens.

As you post more, your post limit becomes higher until it shouldn't eventually be a problem.
That makes sense. It’ll just take some grinding so I can actually discuss topics
That makes sense. It’ll just take some grinding so I can actually discuss topics
Don't 'grind' that kind of thing always leads to bad outcomes, just contribute to the topics you find interesting constructively. Focus on making what you have count and you'll have to use soon enough
That makes a whole lot more sense. Thanks!
I only hit the post limit when I first joined, once you hit next rank you probably won’t hit the limit again unless you’re posting on every single topic in multiple sections.
The post limit is designed to keep out spam accounts. Once you reach the rank of Marine, your daily post limit is increased to 200.
I thought it was obvious to prevent spam. Especially when a new game comes out.
Rank up more for more post benefits
Yeah it'll come to you in no time if you are hitting it often. Shouldn't take no more than a few days on this forum since its relatively active.
I have attacked in the past
It's better to keep it that way. Less spam for the posts
There isn’t a post time limit from Marine-Iron and up.
Definitely keeps the bs spam accounts on the site like every other social site gets.... Plus the haters would destroy waypoint. this deters them lmao
Spam prevention, in short.
Its there so that you post meaningful posts instead of random stuff for no reason