Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Why doesn't anybody use Voice chat anymore?

OP Kregner

I miss the good ol days when everybody was using the in-game voice chat.
When playing on construct on Halo 3 someone called out open purple I asked which one was open. Rather then educate me the guy berated me so ever since then I slowly stopped using game chat. In other words the toxic community that does not know how to have mic etiquette myself included at times and the introduction of party chat have pretty much killed it.
Yeah it being abandoned is probably for the best unfortunately :(
Yeah I like game chat but there's always that one guy who has to be rude for no reason
Most people seem to be in their own private parties now. Also with rules bein stricter than the 360 days people are less likely to mic up n talk trash.
Translator
The community prefers provate parties, they no longer leaver the microphone open in online games
BIGB EC wrote:
When playing on construct on Halo 3 someone called out open purple I asked which one was open. Rather then educate me the guy berated me so ever since then I slowly stopped using game chat. In other words the toxic community that does not know how to have mic etiquette myself included at times and the introduction of party chat have pretty much killed it.
Who would do that??? I use VC sometimes and use callouts. I would've educated you lol. What a jerk.
The only times I chat are in parties. Most ppl in game chat are jerks
No incentive to anymore sadly. The average Halo players doesnt care about coordinating to win games.
None of my friends play Halo anymore and neither does my wife so I don't really see any reason to use a headset anymore. Unless I want to be told to shut up by RandomInternetPersonMLG360NoScopePro1337.
I do sometimes, but I tend to find myself being the only one talking, I'd love it if 343 would change all players to game chat by default, only being overruled by the party chat system.
None of my friends play Halo anymore and neither does my wife so I don't really see any reason to use a headset anymore. Unless I want to be told to shut up by RandomInternetPersonMLG360NoScopePro1337.
Hmu man and we'll smash some games together
the only time I've ever heard someone in game chat was right after the game ended and he got cut off
I stopped trying to talk in voice chat because the other player using a mic is either just blasting music or just ragging at the game
My friend used it the other week. He was reading Moby -Yoink- (that got yoinked, but it's the name :(...) to everyone on our team. Somehow we still won that game, no thanks to us obviously, though I'm gonna pretend like my friend motivated the 1 guy who carried us.
Times change, but then agian people cant really afford mics with their controller
Spam8358 wrote:
My friend used it the other week. He was reading Moby -Yoink- (that got yoinked, but it's the name :(...) to everyone on our team. Somehow we still won that game, no thanks to us obviously, though I'm gonna pretend like my friend motivated the 1 guy who carried us.
That's hilariousssssss