1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Why has every one given up on halo so quickly? I still think it's an amazing game series. 343 shouldn't be given up on so quickly, especially if they are in control of halo at the moment. 343 needs support from the fans, to be directed and helped to reach a halo that every one likes. Halo 5 is different from other halos but it's not bad game, however it's that difference that fans didn't like and I believe halo can be placed back on the right tracks to a series that everyone enjoys.
It's not everyone. Rather the ones who did give up are being extremely vocal and lingering around for some reason, as if they're doing any good by spoiling the fun of people who enjoy all of the Halo games. Their motives don't make any sense to me.

343 hasn't struck gold with every decision, but they keep what works and ditch what doesn't, which proves they are working to give us the best product they can. I think the biggest issue is that the first three games were lightning in a bottle, something most franchises don't catch once, never-mind three consecutive games. Some former fans let their expectations rise far above what is possible, or at least feasible, and as such they won't be satiated by anything 343 Industries does. I think the best we can do now is to let 343 know our preferences, and then sit back and let them work without nagging them. If they're given the time, resources, and encouragement they need, we'll get better games than we'd get if they tried to appeal to the never-ending barrage of complaints from a small subset of gamers.
I blame the Youtubers for making everyone think there is some kind of internal war going on. Salty vendettas against a company that makes content that some people just don't like while others appreciate.
Why has every one given up on halo so quickly? I still think it's an amazing game series. 343 shouldn't be given up on so quickly, especially if they are in control of halo at the moment. 343 needs support from the fans, to be directed and helped to reach a halo that every one likes. Halo 5 is different from other halos but it's not bad game, however it's that difference that fans didn't like and I believe halo can be placed back on the right tracks to a series that everyone enjoys.
Why has everyone given up quickly? cause they have good reasons to do so,its been like this for a long time man.Halo 4,MCC and Halo 5,plus Halo Wars 2 Pay to Win Blitz mode should be reasons enough for ya.When you have a established successsful gameplay formula unique to where mostly every other games has sprint/advanced mechanics that niche/core audience of Halo loved the game.Then like Halo 4(Reach was BUNGIES) last Halo game so lets not focus on hat,so moving on.343 instead of continuing on that sucessful formula of Halo 3,decided to completely changed everything people loved bout OG Halos,from artstyle, ranked n social gameplay features,gameplay,enemy weapon design,rank,xp n progression system,a pay to win(ish)req system of course some will give up.Why would they wanna stick around when to them 343 has not handled Halo right compared to Bungie.Just look at Halos place on XBL,its a damn shame Halos in in the top 20 for a MS flagship title,I mean its Halo.Halo 3 was top 5-10 and sold more than h5.The community has given 343 so far 3 chances to prove they are handling Halo right and taking it in the right direction.

As I just pointed out those 3/ and a half reasons those are signs they have not done right.Bungie made 3 quality Halo games loved by majority of the community and the community was less split.Obviously you know its different now cause they changed the mechanics and mostly everything else bout Halo and alienated the original fanbase who built up and supported Halo since the OG Halos.Halo 5 is a bad Halo game,but its an ok FPS game.We dont know much about gameplay for h6 but for now we can safely assume its built from h5/Frank o connor said this).Splitscreen and LAN coming back is good but more need to be coming,BADLY.Gameplay needs to go back to original cause if recent cods like BO3 and COD Infinite Warfare backlash are reason enough cod is changing(well this title) WW2 is any proof Sledgehammer is going back to cod roots.I can only hope 343 does the same,not just cause of market trends which you guys OBVIOUSLY know the reasons 343 changed Halo.

People linger on to give 343 feedback,you interpret it as "BAD cause they dont agree with things YOU like."Fans want the right expectations"so cause i want OG to com bk thats a bad one,so if i want oddball thats bad, or for them to make a good coherent story,a satisfying progression/unlock system.No thats expectations we fans Deserver after 3 bad halo games.You say nagging I say its good we nagging cause they need it badly, good,bad,constructing feedback(as long as its in respectful manner).Lastly Halo youtubers are not to blame its honestly,truthfully and realistically 343 own doing.We can try to change that but its only gonna happen if we agree on things we like/dislike bout Bungie n 343 Halo games and IF 343 listens..Only time will tell.
343 needs support from the fans, to be directed and helped to reach a halo that every one likes.
We do give them direction, but the majority of the time they only change the little things that shouldn't have been changed in the first place (descope, flinch etc) or things that they ask opinions about like the weapon tuning playlist. 343 has an agenda and anything we say won't change their course. They might alter some things slightly like I'm guessing Spartan Charge will be changed or removed for example, but otherwise it's full steam ahead.

Also, their track record isn't that great. H4 kind of gets a pass since it was their first game, but it definitely showed how off the mark their vision of Halo is, MCC was a disaster although it was a tremendous undertaking and H5 is better, but it could use a variety of improvements. They don't have any excuses with H6. If H6 is bad, then they clearly don't know how to make a good Halo game.
Why has every one given up on halo so quickly? I still think it's an amazing game series. 343 shouldn't be given up on so quickly, especially if they are in control of halo at the moment. 343 needs support from the fans, to be directed and helped to reach a halo that every one likes. Halo 5 is different from other halos but it's not bad game, however it's that difference that fans didn't like and I believe halo can be placed back on the right tracks to a series that everyone enjoys.
Why has everyone given up quickly? cause they have good reasons to do so,its been like this for a long time man.Halo 4,MCC and Halo 5,plus Halo Wars 2 Pay to Win Blitz mode should be reasons enough for ya.When you have a established successsful gameplay formula unique to where mostly every other games has sprint/advanced mechanics that niche/core audience of Halo loved the game.
I'm not sure what you consider "constructive" criticism, but I don't see it in your comment or those who share your opinions (hereafter referred to as the Disgruntled). There's nothing useful for making the games better, just more, "make the next game my way or the Disgruntled won't play it". A multi-million-dollar franchise, spanning the globe can't tailor its games to your specific preferences to the exclusion of the rest of the people in the world, making the demands of the Disgruntled absolutely absurd.

Bungie made 3 Halo games with the best resources available to them. Technology was just advanced enough, and the games fell at just the right time for them to be explosive successes (lightning in a bottle). Halo Reach is proof that Bungie was not tied to one set of game mechanics as the Disgruntled like to claim it was. Halo advanced with new technology becoming available. There's great irony in a franchise that started with "Combat Evolved" being asked to developmentally stagnate by a small group of Disgruntled.

Then like Halo 4(Reach was BUNGIES) last Halo game so lets not focus on hat,so moving on.343 instead of continuing on that sucessful formula of Halo 3,decided to completely changed everything people loved bout OG Halos
Nope, I'm not letting you gloss over Reach, because it is one of the biggest wrenches in your whole narrative, disproving the point you're trying to make. This is not a case of a new company throwing out what the old one did. Halo was on a trajectory under Bungie, and 343I is continuing with that.

a pay to win(ish)req system of course some will give up.Why would they wanna stick around
Casual observation of Halo is sufficient to see that it is not "pay to win". The Month of Mythic was a mistake, but otherwise the microtransactions were quarrantined behind gameplay mechanics which allowed those of us who never spent a dime on microtransactions to keep up with everyone else. I played for several months until money got tight and I let my Gold Account expire, and I rarely used any Requisitions at all besides the scoped BR with Hard Light ammo, and the AR with scope and Hard Light ammo. With those I was able to maintain a positive K/D ratio for my entire online experience.

Quote:
Halo 5 is a bad Halo game,but its an ok FPS game.
Nope, the Disgruntled's definition of what makes a good "Halo Game" is not in accordance with the games creators or anyone else on planet Earth.

Quote:
Gameplay needs to go back to original
Back to what I said above, the Disgruntled are of the delusion that their numbers are greater, or that their opinions mean more than everyone else. Somehow the Disgruntled can't seem to understand that most of us don't want to go back to never breaking out of a slow, lumbering walk like we were constrained to in Halo 3.

Quote:
People linger on to give 343 feedback,you interpret it as "BAD cause they dont agree with things YOU like."Fans want the right expectations"so cause i want OG to com bk thats a bad one,so if i want oddball thats bad, or for them to make a good coherent story,a satisfying progression/unlock system.
No, I call it nonconstructive because it is nonconstructive. The Disgruntled are nagging 343I with demands that they're never going to get, because it isn't in 343I's financial interest to go back to clunky game mechanics that would still be panned by the Disgruntled for not having the right nostalgic "feel" of the originals, regardless of what 343I does with it.

And Halo's story is coherent. Halo 5's mistake was making it in such a way that the backstory was found in comics and novels instead of the game itself, which was completely fine for people like myself who've read them all, but people like yourself, who only consume the franchise through the games aren't willing to do a little research and simply assert that the story isn't coherent.

Quote:
You say nagging I say its good we nagging cause they need it badly, good,bad,constructing feedback(as long as its in respectful manner).
Nagging doesn't help anyone. Nagging is just irritating, either disheartening the recipient, negatively affecting their performance, or provoking a backlash where the recipient completely writes off the nagging as background noise and no longer takes notice of it. The Disgruntled are background noise with delusions of prominence. (with all due respect)
343 has had the IP for 6+ years now, people are done waiting, I'm done waiting. People aren't going to stick around and support something that can't stay loyal to its original fanbase. Furthermore till I see one 343 game do better than any of their own iterations, I I'll refuse to see them as actually improving things.
JNDreher wrote:
Why has every one given up on halo so quickly? I still think it's an amazing game series. 343 shouldn't be given up on so quickly, especially if they are in control of halo at the moment. 343 needs support from the fans, to be directed and helped to reach a halo that every one likes. Halo 5 is different from other halos but it's not bad game, however it's that difference that fans didn't like and I believe halo can be placed back on the right tracks to a series that everyone enjoys.
Why has everyone given up quickly? cause they have good reasons to do so,its been like this for a long time man.Halo 4,MCC and Halo 5,plus Halo Wars 2 Pay to Win Blitz mode should be reasons enough for ya.When you have a established successsful gameplay formula unique to where mostly every other games has sprint/advanced mechanics that niche/core audience of Halo loved the game.
I'm not sure what you consider "constructive" criticism, but I don't see it in your comment or those who share your opinions (hereafter referred to as the Disgruntled). There's nothing useful for making the games better, just more, "make the next game my way or the Disgruntled won't play it". A multi-million-dollar franchise, spanning the globe can't tailor its games to your specific preferences to the exclusion of the rest of the people in the world, making the demands of the Disgruntled absolutely absurd.

Bungie made 3 Halo games with the best resources available to them. Technology was just advanced enough, and the games fell at just the right time for them to be explosive successes (lightning in a bottle). Halo Reach is proof that Bungie was not tied to one set of game mechanics as the Disgruntled like to claim it was. Halo advanced with new technology becoming available. There's great irony in a franchise that started with "Combat Evolved" being asked to developmentally stagnate by a small group of Disgruntled.

Then like Halo 4(Reach was BUNGIES) last Halo game so lets not focus on hat,so moving on.343 instead of continuing on that sucessful formula of Halo 3,decided to completely changed everything people loved bout OG Halos
Nope, I'm not letting you gloss over Reach, because it is one of the biggest wrenches in your whole narrative, disproving the point you're trying to make. This is not a case of a new company throwing out what the old one did. Halo was on a trajectory under Bungie, and 343I is continuing with that.

a pay to win(ish)req system of course some will give up.Why would they wanna stick around
Casual observation of Halo is sufficient to see that it is not "pay to win". The Month of Mythic was a mistake, but otherwise the microtransactions were quarrantined behind gameplay mechanics which allowed those of us who never spent a dime on microtransactions to keep up with everyone else. I played for several months until money got tight and I let my Gold Account expire, and I rarely used any Requisitions at all besides the scoped BR with Hard Light ammo, and the AR with scope and Hard Light ammo. With those I was able to maintain a positive K/D ratio for my entire online experience.

Quote:
Halo 5 is a bad Halo game,but its an ok FPS game.
Nope, the Disgruntled's definition of what makes a good "Halo Game" is not in accordance with the games creators or anyone else on planet Earth.

Quote:
Gameplay needs to go back to original
Back to what I said above, the Disgruntled are of the delusion that their numbers are greater, or that their opinions mean more than everyone else. Somehow the Disgruntled can't seem to understand that most of us don't want to go back to never breaking out of a slow, lumbering walk like we were constrained to in Halo 3.

Quote:
People linger on to give 343 feedback,you interpret it as "BAD cause they dont agree with things YOU like."Fans want the right expectations"so cause i want OG to com bk thats a bad one,so if i want oddball thats bad, or for them to make a good coherent story,a satisfying progression/unlock system.
No, I call it nonconstructive because it is nonconstructive. The Disgruntled are nagging 343I with demands that they're never going to get, because it isn't in 343I's financial interest to go back to clunky game mechanics that would still be panned by the Disgruntled for not having the right nostalgic "feel" of the originals, regardless of what 343I does with it.

And Halo's story is coherent. Halo 5's mistake was making it in such a way that the backstory was found in comics and novels instead of the game itself, which was completely fine for people like myself who've read them all, but people like yourself, who only consume the franchise through the games aren't willing to do a little research and simply assert that the story isn't coherent.

Quote:
You say nagging I say its good we nagging cause they need it badly, good,bad,constructing feedback(as long as its in respectful manner).
Nagging doesn't help anyone. Nagging is just irritating, either disheartening the recipient, negatively affecting their performance, or provoking a backlash where the recipient completely writes off the nagging as background noise and no longer takes notice of it. The Disgruntled are background noise with delusions of prominence. (with all due respect)
Reach wasn't liked by a lot of people,so why did 343 continue us down that path if people didn't like it to begin with? And if people don't speak up then 343 will not know what the fan base wants
JNDreher wrote:
Why has every one given up on halo so quickly? I still think it's an amazing game series. 343 shouldn't be given up on so quickly, especially if they are in control of halo at the moment. 343 needs support from the fans, to be directed and helped to reach a halo that every one likes. Halo 5 is different from other halos but it's not bad game, however it's that difference that fans didn't like and I believe halo can be placed back on the right tracks to a series that everyone enjoys.
Why has everyone given up quickly? cause they have good reasons to do so,its been like this for a long time man.Halo 4,MCC and Halo 5,plus Halo Wars 2 Pay to Win Blitz mode should be reasons enough for ya.When you have a established successsful gameplay formula unique to where mostly every other games has sprint/advanced mechanics that niche/core audience of Halo loved the game.
I'm not sure what you consider "constructive" criticism, but I don't see it in your comment or those who share your opinions (hereafter referred to as the Disgruntled). There's nothing useful for making the games better, just more, "make the next game my way or the Disgruntled won't play it". A multi-million-dollar franchise, spanning the globe can't tailor its games to your specific preferences to the exclusion of the rest of the people in the world, making the demands of the Disgruntled absolutely absurd.

Bungie made 3 Halo games with the best resources available to them. Technology was just advanced enough, and the games fell at just the right time for them to be explosive successes (lightning in a bottle). Halo Reach is proof that Bungie was not tied to one set of game mechanics as the Disgruntled like to claim it was. Halo advanced with new technology becoming available. There's great irony in a franchise that started with "Combat Evolved" being asked to developmentally stagnate by a small group of Disgruntled.

Then like Halo 4(Reach was BUNGIES) last Halo game so lets not focus on hat,so moving on.343 instead of continuing on that sucessful formula of Halo 3,decided to completely changed everything people loved bout OG Halos
Nope, I'm not letting you gloss over Reach, because it is one of the biggest wrenches in your whole narrative, disproving the point you're trying to make. This is not a case of a new company throwing out what the old one did. Halo was on a trajectory under Bungie, and 343I is continuing with that.

a pay to win(ish)req system of course some will give up.Why would they wanna stick around
Casual observation of Halo is sufficient to see that it is not "pay to win". The Month of Mythic was a mistake, but otherwise the microtransactions were quarrantined behind gameplay mechanics which allowed those of us who never spent a dime on microtransactions to keep up with everyone else. I played for several months until money got tight and I let my Gold Account expire, and I rarely used any Requisitions at all besides the scoped BR with Hard Light ammo, and the AR with scope and Hard Light ammo. With those I was able to maintain a positive K/D ratio for my entire online experience.

Quote:
Halo 5 is a bad Halo game,but its an ok FPS game.
Nope, the Disgruntled's definition of what makes a good "Halo Game" is not in accordance with the games creators or anyone else on planet Earth.

Quote:
Gameplay needs to go back to original
Back to what I said above, the Disgruntled are of the delusion that their numbers are greater, or that their opinions mean more than everyone else. Somehow the Disgruntled can't seem to understand that most of us don't want to go back to never breaking out of a slow, lumbering walk like we were constrained to in Halo 3.

Quote:
People linger on to give 343 feedback,you interpret it as "BAD cause they dont agree with things YOU like."Fans want the right expectations"so cause i want OG to com bk thats a bad one,so if i want oddball thats bad, or for them to make a good coherent story,a satisfying progression/unlock system.
No, I call it nonconstructive because it is nonconstructive. The Disgruntled are nagging 343I with demands that they're never going to get, because it isn't in 343I's financial interest to go back to clunky game mechanics that would still be panned by the Disgruntled for not having the right nostalgic "feel" of the originals, regardless of what 343I does with it.

And Halo's story is coherent. Halo 5's mistake was making it in such a way that the backstory was found in comics and novels instead of the game itself, which was completely fine for people like myself who've read them all, but people like yourself, who only consume the franchise through the games aren't willing to do a little research and simply assert that the story isn't coherent.

Quote:
You say nagging I say its good we nagging cause they need it badly, good,bad,constructing feedback(as long as its in respectful manner).
Nagging doesn't help anyone. Nagging is just irritating, either disheartening the recipient, negatively affecting their performance, or provoking a backlash where the recipient completely writes off the nagging as background noise and no longer takes notice of it. The Disgruntled are background noise with delusions of prominence. (with all due respect)
And you say the "disgruntled" fans aren't the majority,but have you seen the population numbers since halo reach? Halo 5 is like number 21 on the most played list and without a population counter we can only guess how many people actually play.My guess is between 15 to 35 thousand.Now while that many people is nothing to necessarily brush aside,it's nowhere near how halo used to perform while maintaining previous mechanics
I wouldn't say "everyone" has given up I'm still here patiently awaiting Halo 6 the game that hopefully will turn around the series, but I certainly don't blame those who did leave. 343 has had 3 games and 6+ years to prove themselves and watching them leave their game's bug riddled and incomplete is frustrating to say the least. Take Halo 5 for example; The game still freezes whenever a player joins or leaves and the VoW pack (which they charge you $10 for) still causes you to randomly disconnect from games. They've been in the game for far too long and it seems to me 343 owes the community an explanation. I agree Halo 5 isn't a bad game, but it certainly could use some polishing.
JNDreher wrote:
Why has every one given up on halo so quickly? I still think it's an amazing game series. 343 shouldn't be given up on so quickly, especially if they are in control of halo at the moment. 343 needs support from the fans, to be directed and helped to reach a halo that every one likes. Halo 5 is different from other halos but it's not bad game, however it's that difference that fans didn't like and I believe halo can be placed back on the right tracks to a series that everyone enjoys.
Reach wasn't liked by a lot of people,so why did 343 continue us down that path if people didn't like it to begin with? And if people don't speak up then 343 will not know what the fan base wants
Reach was liked by a lot of people as well. I don't have the numbers, but I've met far more people who who've loved Reach than disliked it.

JNDreher wrote:
Why has every one given up on halo so quickly? I still think it's an amazing game series. 343 shouldn't be given up on so quickly, especially if they are in control of halo at the moment. 343 needs support from the fans, to be directed and helped to reach a halo that every one likes. Halo 5 is different from other halos but it's not bad game, however it's that difference that fans didn't like and I believe halo can be placed back on the right tracks to a series that everyone enjoys.
And you say the "disgruntled" fans aren't the majority,but have you seen the population numbers since halo reach? Halo 5 is like number 21 on the most played list and without a population counter we can only guess how many people actually play.My guess is between 15 to 35 thousand.Now while that many people is nothing to necessarily brush aside,it's nowhere near how halo used to perform while maintaining previous mechanics
Gaming markets change. Bungie didn't have to deal with the over-entitlement in the player base that 343 inherited. Too many people think that if a Halo game doesn't fit their outlandish expectations, that it isn't a Halo game. The whole situation is ridiculous.
Keep in mind, that statistics about how many people are playing at a time is not a true representation of how many people like the game.
Ex: You're not going to find many people who like Halo more than me, but I haven't maintained a Gold Account because my responsibilities in life are such that I wouldn't get my money's worth out of it, so I'm not accounted for in your population estimates, but it doesn't mean that I would like Halo any less than I did when I had a Gold Account.
Also, if you talk to the Disgruntled, they don't all want the same thing out of Halo, so they're essentially a variety of tiny groups each with their own goals, rather than one unified front as many of the Disgruntled try to present themselves as.
I gave Halo up because it's getting too fast, like a twitch shooter. I can not have fun in that game, ranking is broken also just numbers for the ranks instead of real military ranks. Also the fact that the content from the release was so bad. Or better I say, just the Forge is good.
Basically because there are, in some opinions, a few games that are not of a Halo quality but rather a plain shooter with Halo skin and money sucking random microtransactions system, that mixed with other minor problems like bugs and design flaws and change for the sake of change (and change which is borrowed from other popular shooters). Make it something not worth giving new chances over and over again given likely the golden age of the series is behind too. Most games wont have another chance given they havent made name for themselves so giving one series a chance after another in some cases just because of the name could be seen as not worth it. Which is understandable for why should people be more forgiving to a game because of its predecessors than to other games? Its sensible in a matter that those will think of the games individually criticizing them in an equal matter.

And im not sure if people have given up on Halo nor quickly nor lightly. For who wouldnt want to see a series they lived with for years, potentially over a decade. But if they have seen the series beginning to become worse in their opinion then why should they buy a game they dont like. It might resemble Halo they remember but it doesnt feel like it. Besides there can be people who have bought seemingly random Halo games. But not that many might have liked the last ones whether its about not liking RTS games or not liking the direction of what Halo is taking.

And i have seen things like that people have to be understanable because devs are new. That is not the case with many other games though and if games are treated equally and individually then such thing shouldnt matter. Like before, many others wont have similar chances. Besides, i believe devs could do things differently but they arent the only ones that have effect on the final product.
I'm still around, i kinda understand about people's opinions and interests from both and new perspectives but honestly i want this halo to grow, 343 to me is still new and fresh even when the game was passed down onto them i still trust them they have been doing really good on halo 5's multiplayer and have been working hard on trying to make people satisfied which is also another scary thing since there are people that can be uhm...... picky. Though that's not a bad thing, people are always dissatisfied with everything. Anyways they're not doing too bad with halo i actually am quite enjoying the adventure here and hoping to see some new and crazy ideas especially with halo 4's campaign that was amazing
JNDDREHER, I've given 343 constructive criticism since Halo Mcc on waypoint for 3 years and on various social medias,youtube videos and whatnot.If they see that feedback(some which im sure of) and how they interpret/implement that is their own doing.Once again you're proving my own point without you even realizing it or admitting it yourself.You call other peoples opinions "Disgruntled"cause you dont agree w them,that your are completely right and they are comp wrong.Halo was unique cause it was Quite diff than games like cod which had all these current FPS mechanics while Halo was more fun,more varied and in certain ways more skilled game.Then 343 w Halo 4 changed the mechancis cause of other games sucesses,cause of the current marketing trend,instead of trying to understand why people left Reach,to reach out to those players who played classic Halo they did a complete 180 and did call of duty halo 4 edition.They should have built on the sucess of the more loved more skillfull classic mechanics and more than enough people can vouch for this.You really need to think more realistic of Halos OBVIOUS situation since Reach and less of a subjective 343 fan point of view.The fact and idea BEHIND the Req system and the purpose of it and that customization in Halo 5 sucks and tied to RQ system is all the proof you need.Halo 3 and Reach did this way better if you actually realize that and admit it.

Once again who are by your definition "Most of us"? People who like Halo 4 and 5,or halo 4,5 and Reach?,.That slow walk was what made Halo more successful,more beloved,more unique than other shooters on market and less of a Twitchy shooter that Halo has obviously turned into when you realize it yourself.Classic Halo you dont worry bout someone charging,someone escaping a situation by clambering,by sprinting away,bu thrusting,sliding.Everyone does the same thing without gimmicky mechanics that allows them to escape a direct gunfight.If 343 does not remove all abilites they can most certainly remove too fast paced a and easy to get away situational abilities like sprint,charge,slide,clamber.Others can stay or be rebalanced/nerfed.Dude you need to do research Halo 3 was by fact more successful than current Halos,had way more active youtube content and player population and even sold more units,Halo 5 sold less,Halo 4 too.

Once again you prove my point why Halo community sometimes cant get along cause fans like you"call others opinions non constructive simply out of maybe bad conversations w others then assume the rest are like that, and cause they have different opinions you view that as "non constructive" even though PLENTY has been given if you know w to look.Halo 5 story is factly incoherent,if the game is not capable of telling a good,fun interesting story and i have to search youtube vids,comic to find out what makes sense/or not your doing a bad story THATS FACT and you are not even understanding that yourself.Halo 5s story was bland,poorly used squad members,new boring protagonist,bullet sponge warden bosses,cortana being evil after being good to chief and then died good?Do I need to go on bro?.There are plenty of facts and youtube vids that prove Halo 5 story sucks and that supposedly Halo 5's false marketint ads,where meant for HALO 6 IF you know w to look.

" The Disgruntled are background noise with delusions of prominence". (with all due respect) You are for the 5000time proving to the community and 343 why the community cant sometimes understand each other/343 cause this is how you view/respond to them w those words like "delusions".Youre obviously not admitting to yourself that Halo has declined since reach,you call people who love classic Halo delusions of prominence.People who love games t´like that want Halo to grow and succeed to levels close to where it was before ´,not see 343 following market trends unless its to improve Halo like classic mechanics.Face facts man,be and look at Halos situations REALISTICALLY and not as a subjective fans os 343s halo games.
I used to think 343 was a terrible, evil company that only ever wanted to destroy my favorite franchise.

Then I grew up.

I realize now that 343 has their own vision of what Halo should be from an art and gameplay perspective. All they are trying to do is make the game they want to make. Telling them things like "you have to remove everything you added and do what Bungie did" isn't fair and never will be. That isn't criticism that they can work with. I see a lot of people use the line "you have to take criticism." But all I see is, "implement the features I want or I'll make you look bad"

You get some people with good, honest, constructive criticism like The Act Man. He delivers his points with respect and they are all well thought out. That's something 343 can work with. I'm not trying to excuse their past failures, (MCC launch, Halo 4's glitched achievements) all I'm trying to say is that if Halo is no longer for you, it's no longer for you. Play the older games or maybe step away from Halo for a bit altogether to test how much you miss it.

I came to this mindset working on non-profit fangames and being told "you are a disgrace to franchise X" when all I was doing was what I thought was best for the game. I stopped seeing other developers as the untouchable gods of their respective games and started understanding them as peers. The reality is this: The Covenant look the way they do because someone at 343 thought it looked cool. Advanced mobility was added because someone at 343 thought it brought the gameplay to the next level. I could go on and on.

343 doesn't have to pander or cave to any specific request. If you don't like what they're doing, I think they would rather you walk away entirely then have to read "Be LiKe BuNgIe" on their forums. But I can't speak for anyone so who knows.

OP: Yes, I still have faith. Although if they kill the Chief, I'll likely walk away.
JNDreher wrote:
It's not everyone. Rather the ones who did give up are being extremely vocal and lingering around for some reason, as if they're doing any good by spoiling the fun of people who enjoy all of the Halo games. Their motives don't make any sense to me.

343 hasn't struck gold with every decision, but they keep what works and ditch what doesn't, which proves they are working to give us the best product they can. I think the biggest issue is that the first three games were lightning in a bottle, something most franchises don't catch once, never-mind three consecutive games. Some former fans let their expectations rise far above what is possible, or at least feasible, and as such they won't be satiated by anything 343 Industries does. I think the best we can do now is to let 343 know our preferences, and then sit back and let them work without nagging them. If they're given the time, resources, and encouragement they need, we'll get better games than we'd get if they tried to appeal to the never-ending barrage of complaints from a small subset of gamers.
People give up for their own reasons. It seems like you're confusing those who are just trying to spoil the game with those who are genuinely dissatisfied with 343i and their choices. No one expects 343i to make the right decision every time, but a lot of what was promised has been skewed and delivered wrong to some people.

Personally, I consider Halo 5: Guardians to be the worst HALO title to be released. Now that's not me just 'hating' and 'spoiling the fun', that's a frustrated fan who feel like they are being thrown aside. Many people wanted a solid story, a strong multiplayer and amazing Firefight - that simply wasn't delivered. The advertising for the game changed massively and came across to me as almost 'false advertising', the story left too many questions and simply didn't deliver what it promised. The multiplayer was too focused to microtransactions and being similar to CoD. On top of that, they removed Forge on Launch and took months to deliver Firefight, which in my opinion, isn't really FF anymore.

Granted, 343i did make some good choices, they made what could be argued as the best Forge mode to have ever existed, they gave us free updates to keep things interesting and extend the life of Halo 5. They added something new with Warzone, the story bought back old favourites and established connections between the OGs and the New guys.

The main issue from many is that they focused too much on trying to bring in as many players as possible and get as much money as possible, rather than focusing on what fans wanted. No one asked for microtransactions, no one asked for a sub-par armour system, no one asked for a lazy 'filler' story. People wanted to see why Chief was being hunted. They wanted to know who Osiris was, why they exist, and why they're hunting Chief. They wanted a multiplayer that they'd never forget. They wanted to keep what made Halo great while bringing in something new. In my opinion, they simply didn't do that, and many others feel the same.

They have given themselves a lot of room to fix the issues that they have caused. They have the chance to take in their feedback, though given how Halo 5 turned out, they don't exactly take it too seriously. Many of the vocal populus are angry because they want to make Halo great, they want to make Halo 6 the best game to have ever existed. They tried with Halo 5 and many felt like they were ignored. They gave up because they were tired of empty promises and being ignored.

343i have the chance to make a great game, and if they take into account what the fans are saying, it'd be one of the greatest games ever made.

-M
So quickly? Its been almost 6 years..
redjomama wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
It's not everyone. Rather the ones who did give up are being extremely vocal and lingering around for some reason, as if they're doing any good by spoiling the fun of people who enjoy all of the Halo games. Their motives don't make any sense to me.

343 hasn't struck gold with every decision, but they keep what works and ditch what doesn't, which proves they are working to give us the best product they can. I think the biggest issue is that the first three games were lightning in a bottle, something most franchises don't catch once, never-mind three consecutive games. Some former fans let their expectations rise far above what is possible, or at least feasible, and as such they won't be satiated by anything 343 Industries does. I think the best we can do now is to let 343 know our preferences, and then sit back and let them work without nagging them. If they're given the time, resources, and encouragement they need, we'll get better games than we'd get if they tried to appeal to the never-ending barrage of complaints from a small subset of gamers.
People give up for their own reasons. It seems like you're confusing those who are just trying to spoil the game with those who are genuinely dissatisfied with 343i and their choices. No one expects 343i to make the right decision every time, but a lot of what was promised has been skewed and delivered wrong to some people.

Personally, I consider Halo 5: Guardians to be the worst HALO title to be released. Now that's not me just 'hating' and 'spoiling the fun', that's a frustrated fan who feel like they are being thrown aside. Many people wanted a solid story, a strong multiplayer and amazing Firefight - that simply wasn't delivered. The advertising for the game changed massively and came across to me as almost 'false advertising', the story left too many questions and simply didn't deliver what it promised. The multiplayer was too focused to microtransactions and being similar to CoD. On top of that, they removed Forge on Launch and took months to deliver Firefight, which in my opinion, isn't really FF anymore.

Granted, 343i did make some good choices, they made what could be argued as the best Forge mode to have ever existed, they gave us free updates to keep things interesting and extend the life of Halo 5. They added something new with Warzone, the story bought back old favourites and established connections between the OGs and the New guys.

The main issue from many is that they focused too much on trying to bring in as many players as possible and get as much money as possible, rather than focusing on what fans wanted. No one asked for microtransactions, no one asked for a sub-par armour system, no one asked for a lazy 'filler' story. People wanted to see why Chief was being hunted. They wanted to know who Osiris was, why they exist, and why they're hunting Chief. They wanted a multiplayer that they'd never forget. They wanted to keep what made Halo great while bringing in something new. In my opinion, they simply didn't do that, and many others feel the same.

They have given themselves a lot of room to fix the issues that they have caused. They have the chance to take in their feedback, though given how Halo 5 turned out, they don't exactly take it too seriously. Many of the vocal populus are angry because they want to make Halo great, they want to make Halo 6 the best game to have ever existed. They tried with Halo 5 and many felt like they were ignored. They gave up because they were tired of empty promises and being ignored.

343i have the chance to make a great game, and if they take into account what the fans are saying, it'd be one of the greatest games ever made.

-M
At this point in time, do you think there is any chance 343 doesn't know what the opinions of various factions of the fan-base are (including yours)?
Is there any potential benefit of repeating the same complaints over and over and over after they're already known?
The squeaky wheel may get the grease, but if it never stops squeaking, regardless of what is done about it, it gets replaced.

You tell me, is there any potential benefit of me presenting counter-arguments to your complaints, or is it predetermined that you will double-down on your position?
JNDreher wrote:
redjomama wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
It's not everyone. Rather the ones who did give up are being extremely vocal and lingering around for some reason, as if they're doing any good by spoiling the fun of people who enjoy all of the Halo games. Their motives don't make any sense to me.

343 hasn't struck gold with every decision, but they keep what works and ditch what doesn't, which proves they are working to give us the best product they can. I think the biggest issue is that the first three games were lightning in a bottle, something most franchises don't catch once, never-mind three consecutive games. Some former fans let their expectations rise far above what is possible, or at least feasible, and as such they won't be satiated by anything 343 Industries does. I think the best we can do now is to let 343 know our preferences, and then sit back and let them work without nagging them. If they're given the time, resources, and encouragement they need, we'll get better games than we'd get if they tried to appeal to the never-ending barrage of complaints from a small subset of gamers.
People give up for their own reasons. It seems like you're confusing those who are just trying to spoil the game with those who are genuinely dissatisfied with 343i and their choices. No one expects 343i to make the right decision every time, but a lot of what was promised has been skewed and delivered wrong to some people.

Personally, I consider Halo 5: Guardians to be the worst HALO title to be released. Now that's not me just 'hating' and 'spoiling the fun', that's a frustrated fan who feel like they are being thrown aside. Many people wanted a solid story, a strong multiplayer and amazing Firefight - that simply wasn't delivered. The advertising for the game changed massively and came across to me as almost 'false advertising', the story left too many questions and simply didn't deliver what it promised. The multiplayer was too focused to microtransactions and being similar to CoD. On top of that, they removed Forge on Launch and took months to deliver Firefight, which in my opinion, isn't really FF anymore.

Granted, 343i did make some good choices, they made what could be argued as the best Forge mode to have ever existed, they gave us free updates to keep things interesting and extend the life of Halo 5. They added something new with Warzone, the story bought back old favourites and established connections between the OGs and the New guys.

The main issue from many is that they focused too much on trying to bring in as many players as possible and get as much money as possible, rather than focusing on what fans wanted. No one asked for microtransactions, no one asked for a sub-par armour system, no one asked for a lazy 'filler' story. People wanted to see why Chief was being hunted. They wanted to know who Osiris was, why they exist, and why they're hunting Chief. They wanted a multiplayer that they'd never forget. They wanted to keep what made Halo great while bringing in something new. In my opinion, they simply didn't do that, and many others feel the same.

They have given themselves a lot of room to fix the issues that they have caused. They have the chance to take in their feedback, though given how Halo 5 turned out, they don't exactly take it too seriously. Many of the vocal populus are angry because they want to make Halo great, they want to make Halo 6 the best game to have ever existed. They tried with Halo 5 and many felt like they were ignored. They gave up because they were tired of empty promises and being ignored.

343i have the chance to make a great game, and if they take into account what the fans are saying, it'd be one of the greatest games ever made.

-M
At this point in time, do you think there is any chance 343 doesn't know what the opinions of various factions of the fan-base are (including yours)?
Is there any potential benefit of repeating the same complaints over and over and over after they're already known?
The squeaky wheel may get the grease, but if it never stops squeaking, regardless of what is done about it, it gets replaced.

You tell me, is there any potential benefit of me presenting counter-arguments to your complaints, or is it predetermined that you will double-down on your position?
They can hear all the complaints, but whether or not they care about them is the key issue. Many feel like they were ignored, and so they repeated themselves.

Some major issues like the lack of Forge and Firefight were complained about over and over by many groups of people, and it took months, but their views were actually taken into consideration. The lack of care by developers, in this case 343i, had angered many and their choice to not listen to concerns and complained angered people even more, which then led to people leaving. Customers simply want to feel like they are a part of something they care about, and that wasn't felt by many once Halo 5 was released and even before with MCC.

You cannot expect a person to change their beliefs if they're passionate enough about them, though i'm not against a constructive debate. It would surely be better to see the other person's side rather than the usual "I dont like this", "Yeah, well you're stupid" arguments that are seen too often, would it not?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2