Forums / Community / General Discussion

Why Halo 3 anniversary is important?

OP SuperNuggetDude

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
As a person who's first halo game was MCC, I don't really have a soft spot for Halo 3. Campaign was excellent but story fell a bit short. Felt somewhat slow due to the small FOV but gameplay was decent. As a result, I personally wouldn't have any strong feelings towards a Halo 3 Anniversary

That being said looking at the communities' view of Halo 3, I feel Halo 3 was the last good mainstream Halo game(reach was a different case) and I feel a remake could draw back the sizable population of those who left due to Halo 4 and gamers looking for a unique game on the market, which would be very beneficial for the community and could go a long way to restoring the reputation of the franchise after halo 4, mcc, and halo 5.
I think it's important to have halo 3 anniversary because I'm getting a little tired of halo 5 and could use a break, but this is a pretty big part as well I do enjoy playing as a sangheili in H3 and we would have updated fps and every bungie halo remastered
I wouldn't be surprised if they released a Halo 3: Anniversary Edition, whatsoever.

Should they? Well, I'd rather not see it happen (for a handful of reasons). With that being said, I wouldn't be complaining too much if they did.
Only thing they should do is have blur do halo 3s campaign cutscenes
I hope there is a Halo 3 Anniversary, I would love to see the cut scenes remastered by Blur.

Plus, they could add new terminals to the game to reveal some of the story in Halo 6.

But keep the original H3 terminals though.
There's no logic in 343 doing Halo 3 Anniversary. Halo 3 is already playable on Xbox One. And that reason alone might prevent them from doing another remaster.
nekrulz wrote:
It won't happen people, just accept that. It shouldn't happen. h3's graphics are already good, and the lightning imo is better than h5's and h4's bright mess.
people who use this argument completely misunderstand peoples desire for a halo 3A...nothing to do with graphics
Or, and here's a crazy thought, they could just pop in the original Halo 3 and play it. You know, like most of us do with the first two Halos instead of wasting our money on garbage Anniversary games.
yeah im sure people love waiting endless time to find a game just to play the same gametypes with the same maps with the same people with a -Yoink- connection....sounds great
There's no logic in 343 doing Halo 3 Anniversary. Halo 3 is already playable on Xbox One. And that reason alone might prevent them from doing another remaster.
its a full complete classic populated halo game....of course its logical
Halo 3 is one of my favourite games period. I would love to see a remaster and i actually think they are going to do it. look at the way microsoft has handled the franchise, if they can find a way to make money they will and seeing as halo 3 sold 12.5 million copies, there will be people that will play a remaster if they play their cards right and do it properly. Also halo 3A theoretically would probably be coming out around the same time as project scorpio and it would be a good game to show off scorpios power with. Thats just how i see it.
I hope Halo 3A comes out. I doubt that 343 or Microsoft would look over that.
Warfuntime wrote:
Or, and here's a crazy thought, they could just pop in the original Halo 3 and play it. You know, like most of us do with the first two Halos instead of wasting our money on garbage Anniversary games.
yeah im sure people love waiting endless time to find a game just to play the same gametypes with the same maps with the same people with a -Yoink- connection....sounds great
Yah, but for those of us who only play campaign it works perfectly.
Warfuntime wrote:
Yah, but for those of us who only play campaign it works perfectly.
most people dont want h3a for the campaign but its a plus
Here is another reason to buy anniversary is so that I can have the halo trilogy remastered.
I think it's important to have halo 3 anniversary because I'm getting a little tired of halo 5 and could use a break, but this is a pretty big part as well I do enjoy playing as a sangheili in H3 and we would have updated fps and every bungie halo remastered
I really would want to take a break from halo 5 also but MCC's online is terrible.
It won't happen. No matter how much we want it to.

The most probable thing - it is added to BC on its 10 year anniversary.
I agree it would be important if 343 were actually doing it. (doing the work , I mean). It would be good for the series if they actually got hands on time wiith the mechanics of a Halo game. Unfortunately they are already developing Halo 6 , I'm sure , which means it would be handed off to Certain Affinity and Blur. Not a bad thing in and of itself as both companies do great work , and it's a game I would look forward to playing. Let's hope the whole mp gets the anniversary touch.

Again the only down side is , 343 won't be seeing the core of what made Halo great , and we continue to get this (IMO) failed experiment that started with Reach and became the Reclaimer Saga.
I agree, also, this could be a good time to make Halo 3 available on PC (for Windows 10) with Xbox Play Anywhere. I wouldn't expect cross play or anything. But it'll be a win win for MS (if 343 doesn't mess up), people on PC could finally "finish the fight" lol.
nekrulz wrote:
nekrulz wrote:
It won't happen people, just accept that. It shouldn't happen. h3's graphics are already good, and the lightning imo is better than h5's and h4's bright mess.
I have to disag
ree, H3 graphics are bad, even by 2007 standards. The faces in H3 look like Baked potatoes. I stopped playing Halo 3 soon after it came out because I was so frustrated with the awful graphics, especially when a certain new COD series came out with graphics that blew Halo out of the water.

When I played through MCC, I came to realize how great halo 3 was, and how I just hated the graphics. Especially when you play straight through the series, and H3 is sandwiched between the beautiful H2A and H4, the need for updated graphics becomes all the more apparent.
You got to be the first person I heard of who stopped h3 because of its graphics lol
..bungie was never goodin facial designs, 343 is doing a better job with that. However when it comes to the lightning effects, h3 impresses me to this day. Running and gunning through 'flood damn' with 2 plasma rifles just looks unique. Those effects 343 never gets right.
Yes, the physics graphics were amazing, and the facial graphics were horrendous. Not recognizably better than halo 2's.

Halo 3 launched my Senior year of high school, I remember how psyched everyone was for it. I also remember the fury Wednesday morning when people discussed the terrible graphics that were inferior to the then 1 year old Gears of War. A month later, a certain Call of Duty reboot came down and smashed Halo3 graphics. Halo 3 was quickly forgotten among my friends, everyone played either GoW, COD or Halo 2. And I grew up in regular suburbia, not some forgotten hole of a town.

It wasn't until right before Halo 4 launched, when I replayed halo 3 and I realized how awesome the game was, and had just hated it over the years because of the graphics.
Wow, I could never, ever imagine judging a game by its graphics alone, otherwise I would be disgusted by old games that I used to love and demand remasters for everything. :P I still love the original Halo trilogy, and think that the art style and design is really what shines in many levels and sets it apart from other games. If a game that I love has mind-boggingly good graphics, then that's just a nice cherry on top of the cake.

But in regards to the greater topic of H3A, I am on the fence. On one hand, I definitely think one should be made, but it may be best for it to be a DLC for MCC, so that people don't complain about having to buy yet another copy (even if MCC is digital, but you get my point. Original H3 disc, MCC download, and separate H3A that does not go with MCC would be a bit much). However, I realize that if I never buy an Xbox One, then the anniversary edition will not personally affect me. But if it becomes a separate release with the Scorpio, then it will alienate players who do not own 4k TVs or have the money to spend on a TV+Scorpio (I am going to guess that the Scorpio, due to its niche specifications, will be the most expensive of the XB1s). However, it would be pretty awesome in general to see the H3 cutscenes with Blur graphics like what was done in H2A (just please do not deform the Elites' heads!).
I think it should be remade for updated cutscene appearance (H2A was amazing) and to keep the old fans not happy with H4 and H5 interested. Old halo fan or new Halo fan....there should be plenty opportunity to enjoy Halo....and make money to fund the halo Juggernaut.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3