2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 24
after the mass that is MCC (still not fixed and no word about it from 343i) and H5 (missing content feels like an early access game; gameplay too much like CoD to me) i only will buy any game from 343i used, if at all, so they won't get any money from me (i bought H5 used as well after the beta and the things i've seen of it and i tell everybody who wants to play H5 to buy it used or rent it)
personally I don't think I will, I like completing my collections in games and with the Req system it simply takes too long, I'm not going to grind out another 5 billions req packs in Halo 6.
I will very likely buy all Halo stuff until it dies. However, if money was an issue, I would be losing a little interest at this point.
I definitely will. I have complaints about Halo 5, there being TOO much content in the game is not one of them.
I'm a huge fan of Halo, specifically the fiction. Microsoft would have to release something extremely bad in order to make me stop reading Halo books and playing Halo game.
At this point, I can't say for sure. As much as I love Halo, 343 has done plenty with Halo 5 alone to keep me from playing it. I got the game for Christmas and STILL haven't played it, mostly due to lack of interest. I've seen enough videos on Youtube, had enough experiance with the beta, and seen enough posts on Waypoint to get the gist of the game. To be honest, from what I've seen, it seems like 343 have practically ruined everything that I liked about Halo in the past.

The things that put me off the most from the game is the terrible storyline, the lack of splitscreen, custom games being limited in actual customization and being online only really grinds my gears as well as online only Forge. Firefight may be returning, but it is going to be a Warzone varient, so I can pretty much expect a REQ grind to be a necesary task to have a decent time, so no thanks.

That brings me to the REQ system. I absolutely loathe the REQ system and the RNG microtransaction bs that comes with it. I just hope to go back to the progression unlocks like Reach or 4, or the achievement unlocks like 3, because I feel that those systems were WAY better than the current one for customization.

At the end of the day, my only hope is for 343 to do away with the bull -Yoink- and make Halo a fun game again, both online and offline, before I consider buying Halo 6, let alone preorder it and get it day one.
Play halo 5 and see for yourself. If you go onto the forums, of course there's going to be a lot of negativity. This is waypoint, there will never be a shortage of complainers. Gameplay videos don't give you the feel of it. I highly recommend playing it at least until you're level 30 so you have a good feeling on everything. Yes the req system is bad but microtransactions are not (in this this). They're balanced and you still get free DLC from other people buying it.
I've played enough of the beta to get a feel of the gameplay, and while the final game may have some minor improvements/changes, the general feel of the gameplay is the same.

In terms of forum posts, I've seen enough from both sides. Funny enough, from my experience, I see just as much blind praising/defending of Halo 5 and 343 as well as bashing of the complainers as I do actual complaining and hate on this forum, so there isn't a majority on either side.

When you've seen as many gameplay videos as I have on top of playing the beta, while it might not be exactly like how the game might feel if I play it, it is basically the same thing, so I don't feel the need to play it for myself. I also don't feel the need to play since I have plenty of better, less disappointing, games to play, especially on PC.

As for your comment on the REQ system: while it isn't pay-to-win exactly, it is essentially RNG Call of Duty create a class style gameplay that isn't really my cup of tea. It basically boils down to who has the best REQ cards and who can spawn the most OP power weapons or vehicles instead of everyone earning the weapons from the same pool of weapons much akin to CS:GO, or balanced in a more specified class style format like TF2 or Battlefield, or, hell, even picking them up on the map like good ol' Halo BTB. It just isn't fun to me and add onto that the fact that grinding for it takes much longer than flat out paying for it with actual money, than it is more pay-to-win than you give it credit for. In short, you may not need to pay for it, but paying for it makes it easier and creates an unbalanced, whoever has the best of the weapons/vehicles wins more often, grind fest that just doesn't interest me.
The beta is pretty different from the game. Trust me, just try it. Play some warzone or slayer or breakout or grifball or BTB. You'll see that it feels way different. You already have the game so you just have to download it.
How is the beta really that different from the full game? Aside from some minor adjustments and/or improvements that don't affect the core gameplay in the slightest (which is part of my problem is the core gameplay and the implementation of some abilities that I won't name here to avoid a flame war). With that said, I have played slayer and breakout in the beta and have already made my judgements on them. BTB and grifball are single niche playlists that I don't feel the need to try out especially since BTB is just a larger arena playlist with vehicles, and grifball is just like Halo 4's grifball (which I didn't like) with Spartan Abilities. As for Warzone, I've already stated why I don't like Warzone and it seems, like much of my post you quoted, you didn't read that part. You aren't making very compelling arguments for why I should play Halo 5 if I'm being completely honest with you, and you aren't giving me any reasons to be happy with the way things are going with Halo 5 and possibly Halo 6 either.
That's because most of the reasons to play halo 5 are opinions but I'll be happy to share them with you if you want. Here are the facts: Right now, halo 5 is #6 on the Xbox most popular list right now, so that means a lot of people must like it, There are more weapons then in previous titles. That's pretty much it for facts, do you want me to list opinions?
with the req so I'll be better!!!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
Yes, Ive been a halo player since I was born.
Im always going to be buying im a halo fan for life.
The real question is why wouldn't you buy future Halo games
Always going to be buying im a halo fan for life.
Yes. No doubt about it. I've thoroughly enjoyed both Halo 4 and 5. Are they without flaws? No. But I've had a blast with Halo for the better half of my life, and will continue to support the franchise.
S Monki wrote:
No, this game is terrible, the lag is unbearable, I just played 4 matches and got destroyed because shots weren't counting and players were dropping out and no one was using a mic. I can't and have never found a match in BTB OR WARZONE ASSAULT, havnt found an FFA match since January and swat and breakout are near impossible to find matches in.
Not to mention the campaign is shocking! Where is split screen? most of my favourite halo memories are of playing split screen with my bro!

I have tried to give this game a good go, put in the time and hoped that with updates that things would improve here in Aus but NO!

Lets be honest, 343i sold a faulty, unfinished game and marketed it as premium just because in America it works doesn't mean it's ok to sell it to other parts of the world without proving the same quality or A COMPLETE GAME!

NB: i don't mind getting slaughtered if it's fair and the oposition is just pain better but when they jump all over the screen, grenades kill you befor they blow, it takes 7 shots to kill with a pistol and head shots aren't counting it just makes the game unbearable and impossible to enjoy.
Where do you live since you have empty servers?
Northern nsw australia
My connection is the best I can get From area but I'm going to try to improve things with a new upgraded router and manual network settings.
my upload speed is only 0.9mbps and latency is 241ms.
thats not realy good is it
i have an older tv to so maybe that could improve a few ms of latency if I get a gaming monitor
Depends, who's making Halo 6? If it has anything to do with 343i then no thanks. They have proven time and again they want to make it "their vision" and they refuse to follow the styles and themes of the classic games. They seem to want to make it as generic as possible to make it appeal to the widest audience which was never what Halo use to be about.

If a new developer takes over who essentially erases Halo 4 and 5 from existence by creating a new Halo 4 following the art stylings, story and music themes of OLD SCHOOL Bungie (not the new Bungievision with the "Gimme money" moto) then maybe. It would have the Chief wake on the Dawn that you see at the end of Halo 3, not the random no explanation redesigned one they have in the current Halo 4, it would have the Halo 3 weapons onboard as well like the MA5C assault rifle, BR55HB and M6G magnum. Chief would be in his old beat up Halo 3 MK VI but with higher resolution of course and we'd go from there.

I'm not saying you can't introduce a new suit of armor or new weapons but it has to make sense. Chief suddenly waking up in a completely redisgned Forward Unto Dawn with a reimagined armor and having weapons and vehicle models onboard that didn't get confirmed deployment until 2558 makes zero sense. You never saw any of those weapons deployed on the Ark in Halo 3. No, new weapons, armor etc has to be introduced through him reuniting with humanity.

Another possible route if we erase the 343i sponsored books is having him drift towards the Dyson's sphere from Ghosts of Onyx, have him manage to rescue his team, Dr. Halsey and the surviving Spartan IIIs and they have their own adventure. There are a lot of routes that make sense, not one of them includes a miraculously surviving singular Forerunner who is actually a bad guy but for some reason despite having the technology to save their species, the Forerunners decide to save this lone maniac bent on destroying humanity who could "force crush Chief" at any point but doesn't.... Ugh, so dumb.

Essentially 343i would have to have no involvement and we'd need to erase their version of the timeline. Then I might buy the new Halo.
Depends, who's making Halo 6? If it has anything to do with 343i then no thanks. They have proven time and again they want to make it "their vision" and they refuse to follow the styles and themes of the classic games. They seem to want to make it as generic as possible to make it appeal to the widest audience which was never what Halo use to be about.

If a new developer takes over who essentially erases Halo 4 and 5 from existence by creating a new Halo 4 following the art stylings, story and music themes of OLD SCHOOL Bungie (not the new Bungievision with the "Gimme money" moto) then maybe. It would have the Chief wake on the Dawn that you see at the end of Halo 3, not the random no explanation redesigned one they have in the current Halo 4, it would have the Halo 3 weapons onboard as well like the MA5C assault rifle, BR55HB and M6G magnum. Chief would be in his old beat up Halo 3 MK VI but with higher resolution of course and we'd go from there.

I'm not saying you can't introduce a new suit of armor or new weapons but it has to make sense. Chief suddenly waking up in a completely redisgned Forward Unto Dawn with a reimagined armor and having weapons and vehicle models onboard that didn't get confirmed deployment until 2558 makes zero sense. You never saw any of those weapons deployed on the Ark in Halo 3. No, new weapons, armor etc has to be introduced through him reuniting with humanity.

Another possible route if we erase the 343i sponsored books is having him drift towards the Dyson's sphere from Ghosts of Onyx, have him manage to rescue his team, Dr. Halsey and the surviving Spartan IIIs and they have their own adventure. There are a lot of routes that make sense, not one of them includes a miraculously surviving singular Forerunner who is actually a bad guy but for some reason despite having the technology to save their species, the Forerunners decide to save this lone maniac bent on destroying humanity who could "force crush Chief" at any point but doesn't.... Ugh, so dumb.

Essentially 343i would have to have no involvement and we'd need to erase their version of the timeline. Then I might buy the new Halo.
Wow, you really don't like 343. There are explanations for everything if you search deep enough *cough cough nanobugs cough cough*
No, this game is terrible, the lag is unbearable, I just played 4 matches and got destroyed because shots weren't counting and players were dropping out and no one was using a mic. I can't and have never found a match in BTB OR WARZONE ASSAULT, havnt found an FFA match since January and swat and breakout are near impossible to find matches in.
Not to mention the campaign is shocking! Where is split screen? most of my favourite halo memories are of playing split screen with my bro!

I have tried to give this game a good go, put in the time and hoped that with updates that things would improve here in Aus but NO!

Lets be honest, 343i sold a faulty, unfinished game and marketed it as premium just because in America it works doesn't mean it's ok to sell it to other parts of the world without proving the same quality or A COMPLETE GAME!

NB: i don't mind getting slaughtered if it's fair and the oposition is just pain better but when they jump all over the screen, grenades kill you befor they blow, it takes 7 shots to kill with a pistol and head shots aren't counting it just makes the game unbearable and impossible to enjoy.
I hope 343 offers you guys some sort of refund or fixes their servers. It's unacceptable to have a game like Halo lag all the damn time.
No that will never happen. They havnt shown any interest in fixing these things, I'm not the only one having these problems. They'd rather bring out more weapon skins than actually provide a service to customers

I hope 343 offers you guys some sort of refund or fixes their servers. It's unacceptable to have a game like Halo lag all the damn time.
No that will never happen. They havnt shown any interest in fixing these things, I'm not the only one having these problems. They'd rather bring out more weapon skins than actually provide a service to customers
SMH I'm pretty sure they mentioned it in a community update about servers. Also, don't you know that there are separate teams that do separate things? There's the art team which makes things like weapons skins and then there's the other teams that work on things like servers. Don't assume that the whole company drops whatever they're doing to make weapon skins.

Wow, you really don't like 343. There are explanations for everything if you search deep enough *cough cough nanobugs cough cough*
Wait, nano bugs built in the defect in his chest plate in Halo 4 and completely redesigned the Dawn into an entirely different Frigate class and updated the warthogs and weapons onboard to the latest versions!?! Those are some awesome nanobugs! *heavy sarcasm*
Yup, no matter what halo will always be my favorite franchise
Yes I will be. I like Halo and I don't see any good reasons to not stop playing the series.
does a fat baby bounce?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 24