Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

[Locked] Worst/Least Favorite Weapon in each Game?

OP Walker184

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Halo CE: Plasma Pistol
Halo 2: Needler
Halo 3: Magnum
Halo Reach: Concussion Rifle
Halo 4: Bolt Shot
Halo 5: Well... I guess the Classic Beam Rifle, it just seemed like an unnecessary add to the game (with the exception of the Delta model)

So what is the worst/you guy's least favorite weapon in the series/each game?
I personally (an internet user) have taken offense to you (OP) calling the needler as the worst weapon in Halo 2. What you do, is do that glitch where you could hold a needler as both a primary and secondary weapon, then duel wield them, then you have a heck load of ammo. Like. AN INSANE AMOUNT.

Anyways, OT:
CE: Plasma Pistol. Gotta agree.
2: The magnum. It's so nerfed and uselss.
3: All Y'all are going to kill me for this, but I just cannot use the Halo 3 shotgun for the life of me. So that one.
Reach: Focus Rifle. I never used it. Even if I had the choice.
4: I forget the concussion rifle is in Halo 4 cause it just didn't work in the game.
5: I quite like Halo 5s weapons. If any then I'll vote for the plasma caster; mostly because its the grenade spam gun.
CE: Plasma Pistol.
2: Magnum. I appreciate the John Woo vibe when dual-wielding, but I'll be better off throwing rocks instead.
3: Battle Rifle. I'm sorry, but I cannot hit jack -Yoink- with that defective piece of crap!
4: I don't have one that comes to mind...
5: Suppressor. The tracking is nice, but the kill time is pitiful.
Walker184 wrote:
Halo 5: Well... I guess the Classic Beam Rifle, it just seemed like an unnecessary add to the game (with the exception of the Delta model)

What’s wrong when the concussion rifle?
i did hate 3’s magnum though.
Absolutely!!!

NOTE: I am not counting power weapons or Req Weapons!

1) Halo: Combat Evolved
Best: Pistol
Worst: Plasma Pistol

2) Halo 2
Best: Covenant Carbine

3) Halo 3
Best: Battle Rifle
Worst: Magnum

4) Halo 3: ODST
Best: SMG, Pistol

5) Halo Reach
Best: DMR, Assault Rifle
Worst: Plasma Repeater!!!!!!!!

6) Halo 4
Best: DMR
Worst: Suppressor, Plasma Pistol, Storm Rifle, Boltshot, Concussion Rifle, take your pick

7) Halo 5: Guardians
Best: Battle Rifle
Worst: Boltshot
Walker184 wrote:

What’s wrong when the concussion rifle?
i did hate 3’s magnum though.
I dunno... I just didn't find it that great a weapon, I will say that most of my disliking of it comes from how often I get stumped in the campaign by some dodgy-as-dreams elite with one.
Not everything is the scarab gun/skull unfortunately.
Granted I'm basing it more off campaign.
Halo CE: Plasma pistol
Halo 2: Pistol
Halo 3: Pistol
Halo Reach: Assault Rifle (seriously it's just useless on higher difficulties)
Halo 4: Boltshot because I can't remember it's actual usage in the game
Halo 5: stormrifle. Even if it was the plasma rifle it still has no sense being used on higher difficulties. More enemies drop from precision weapons so if you can't aim that's usually too bad.
Halo CE:Sniper rifle
Halo2: Sniper rifle
Halo3:Sniper rifle
Halo3:ODST:Sniper rifle
Halo Reach:Sniper rifle
Halo4:Sniper rifle
Halo5:Sniper rifle
CE: Needler
Halo 2: Magnum
Reach: Focus Rifle or Plasma Repeater
Halo 4: Suppressor
Halo 5: Boltshot
I personally (an internet user) have taken offense to you (OP) calling the needler as the worst weapon in Halo 2. What you do, is do that glitch where you could hold a needler as both a primary and secondary weapon, then duel wield them, then you have a heck load of ammo. Like. AN INSANE AMOUNT.

Anyways, OT:
CE: Plasma Pistol. Gotta agree.
2: The magnum. It's so nerfed and uselss.
3: All Y'all are going to kill me for this, but I just cannot use the Halo 3 shotgun for the life of me. So that one.Reach: Beam Rifle. I never used it. Even if I had the choice.
4: I forget the concussion rifle is in Halo 4 cause it just didn't work in the game.
5: I quite like Halo 5s weapons. If any then I'll vote for the plasma caster; mostly because its the grenade spam gun.
I wouldn’t call it the worst weapon in the game, but I agree that the H3 shotgun is surprisingly awful compared to shotguns in the other games. Same with the Halo 2 shotgun imo
Halo CE: Assault rifle
Halo 2: N/A
Halo 3: Sentinel beam
Halo Reach: Grenade Launcher
Halo 4: Storm Rifle
Halo 5: N/A
Halo CE: plasma pistol
Halo 3: actually quite liked that selection
Halo 4: Sticky det
Halo 5: Boltshot
Halo CE: Flamethrower
Halo 2: i guess pistol, but i can still find uses for it
Halo 3: Spiker. Never been a fan of this gun, just not very effective.
Halo reach: My gut is telling me plasma repeater, but my mind is telling me spiker
Halo 4: Suppressor
Halo 5: River of light
Halo 3: Don't hate me but the AR was complete garbage
Halo Reach: Concussion Rifle, not that it was bad just hated playing against elites on legendary with this
Halo 4: Boltshot, the overcharging mini shotgun thing was BS
Halo 5: Scattershot, maybe it's just me but I can never seem to get a one hit kill with thing even at point blank range. This gun just brings so many rage induced memories.
Jeez, every last one of you is saying the plasma pistol for Halo CE? Did you ever try using it on Legendary? I genuinely just don't understand this distaste for it. Did we really play the same game?

It was the best plasma pistol in the series, besides its inability to disable vehicles. It was the only reliable way to kill stronger Elite variants, and it can stand up to any enemy but hunters and vehicles if you have a fast trigger finger.

The plasma rifle's only advantage over it was range. And the needler was fun, but pretty much useless on higher difficulties. So either the needler or the assault rifle from the first game gets my vote.

The magnum in Halo 2 isn't worth using as a backscratcher. Even with the noob combo, it's so inaccurate that you'll probably take less time to kill an enemy if you just switch to a battle rifle or carbine.

Halo 3 had the completely worthless spiker.
Halo CE: Magnum, Plasma Rifle, Needler;
Halo 2: Beam Rifle, Energy Sword, Dual Plasma Rifles, Battle Rifle, Carbine;
Halo 3: Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, Energy Sword, Gravity Hammer;
Halo Reach: DMR, Grenade Launcher, Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, Energy Sword, Gravity Hammer, Needle Rifle;
Halo 4: Battle Rifle, Sniper Rifle, SAW, Railgun, Energy Sword, Gravity Hammer, Binary Rifle;
Halo 5: Battle Rifle (Both), Railguns, Sniper Rifles, SPNKr Rocket Launchers, Grenade Launchers, SAWs, Energy Swords, Gravity Hammers, Brute Plasma Rifles, Binary Rifles, Beam Rifles (Especially H2A's)
Love using all these weapons.

Now for my least favorites:
Halo CE: Hard to say. All weapons feel balanced and all have a situation where they're more useful than another;
Halo 2: Magnum, Single Needler. Just... plain useless;
Halo 3: Magnum, Needler. The Magnum is just bad, but the Needler has no problems. Maybe I simply dislike it;
Halo Reach: Concussion Rifle. I have a weird feeling towards this weapon. To me it's both useful and useless, but I end up avoiding it more than the other weapons;
Halo 4: Boltshot, Suppressor, Storm Rifle, Sticky Detonator. There's barely any situation which the Boltshot, Suppressor and Storm Rifle are more useful than their superior counterparts. And to me, the Boltshot feels a bit cheap with that Shotgun mechanic and I never got a kill with it. The Suppressor, pure trash, Storm Rifle is more useful, but why having any of these 2 weapons when the AR is cleary superior? Hitscan rounds, higher damage. The Sticky Detonator is almost the same situation as the Boltshot. I barely can get any kills with it unless it's on a vehicle, bu at least it's useful (to me).
Halo 5: I really like all Halo 5 weapons, so it's hard to decide which one is my favorite.
Halo 5 is the worst gun to come to halo. 2 bullets to kill someone and then it even locks on, its ridiculous and on top of that, its not considered a power weapon and its almost in every map.
Least Favorite

Halo 2: Single Needler

Halo 3: N/A

Halo 4: Any auto-aiming weapon

Halo 5: Anything which auto aims (including the plasma pistol since its range is just ridiculous and especially the boltshot) and all of the automatic weapons
I think Slippery Pnut forgot to mention the weapon.

CE: I guess I'm in the minority, but I loved the plasma pistol. I'd say the needler was my least favorite weapon.

H2: Single needler although the sentinel beam might've been worse. I also didn't like the single SMG especially in BTB.

H3: Magnum

H4: Maybe the boltshot just because it was an annoying pocket shotgun.

H5: For using, I'd say the scattershot or current BR. Receiving I'd say either the storm rifle for still being OP or the needler cause I can never figure out when to thrust to avoid dying by the needles.
CE: Plasma Rifle
2: Magnum
3: Magnum
ODST: Spiker
Reach: Focus Rifle
4: Suppressor
5: Plasma Pistol (plus the spitfire and void's tear)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2