Forums / Community / General Discussion

Would you buy the Xbox One Project Scorpio (X)?

OP ADRIANGAMER117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What do you think about this?????
I have no real interest in getting one. I don't have and I'm not likely to purchase a 4k TV anytime soon so it wouldn't really be of any benefit to me.
Probably, but not when it launches. I'll wait awhile to figure out just how different it is compared to the normal Xbox One. I like the idea of increased performance in games, and $500 is the same amount I spent for my original Xbox One, so I don't see it as that expensive. The somewhat tough part is when I'll be able to get a good 4K TV.
it's not on my wish-list as of right. I feel like my games run fine enough right now on my normal Xbox One and would only slightly improve my experience. I also don't own, or feel a need to own, a 4k TV.
I will get one eventually, probably if a Halo 6 edition is released. To make it a bit more meaningful to me.
I'll most likely wait until 4K tvs are the new normal or it has a game that is a must have, but I doubt that will happen unless H6 is exclusive to the OneX.
I've had a 4k TV for 3 years now and still don't own anything capable of spitting out 4k content :|
As much as I would love to pick up an X1X at launch it's just not within my budget right now, that and I'm still hugging my Halo 5 Xbox One. Can't bear to part with it just yet. Now when they announce they're making a Halo edition of the X1X, my pre-order will be down faster that you can say Mgalekgolo ;)
stckrboy wrote:
I've had a 4k TV for 3 years now and still don't own anything capable of spitting out 4k content :|
As much as I would love to pick up an X1X at launch it's just not within my budget right now, that and I'm still hugging my Halo 5 Xbox One. Can't bear to part with it just yet. Now when they announce they're making a Halo edition of the X1X, my pre-order will be down faster that you can say Mgalekgolo ;)
My compromise to that is going to be leaving it at my parents' house for my dad to use to watch movies....and so I have a console there when I visit.

You know.

Priorities.
Yea I might pick it up.

I have a 4k TV and play Halo 5 and Gears 4 regularly, which are getting 4k upgrades.

I just might not pick it up day 1. I never pick a console day 1 til I hear feedback about them.
My compromise to that is going to be leaving it at my parents' house for my dad to use to watch movies....and so I have a console there when I visit.

You know.

Priorities.
I could have given my Halo X1 to Dannie, but I already gave her my other X1 lol
I have a 4K TV in my house, although that was a present meant for my parents. I'll stick with the plasma screen in my basement alongside the original Xbox One.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :P
I got the X1X pre-ordered. Plan on getting a 4K HDR Freesync tv when i am able too.
picked up a suitable 4k HDR TV last month, have scorpio edition paid in full, also have all the games i'm getting this fall / holiday season paid off as well

the most powerful console ever compelled me, looking forward to playing the best version of new and old games
I will not buy and Xbox One X console as I try to strictly limit myself on how many games I buy. I do currently only focus on Halo games and I have few other games laying around but not that much more. The improved performance would be nice but I would instead spend that money on a better computer.
Nah, mainly because I just bought the XB1S and I would prefer not to break the bank with the X.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposefully bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I’m just gunna keep upgrading my PC for that smooth high quality 60fps 1080p experience on everything except RDR2. My Gears 4 Xbox One S will suffice all my Halo and Forza needs for now, because the Windows Store is just not worth it.

Also 4k TVs are expensive on top of an Xbox One X. Totally not worth it.

Edit: Yay my 4000th post!!! Woot woot!
For faster OS, better graphics. The current Xbox One S still has lag in the OS...even in the alpha ring so hopefully the Xbox One X get's rid of the issues plus with the extra processing power...it might mean a return of Picture In Picture style modes so I can get back to playing games while watching Netflix/TV.
Already saving money to get one, I already gotten a 4K monitor from last Christmas so I am ready to go.
Personally, I'll hold off for a while. I have 3D 4K TV, 4K home theater receiver, and Xbox One S with the 2TB hard drive. The 1S will only upscale 4k games plus utilize the HDR if the game has been made to support it. Basically the One S has the same hardware as the Xbox One with the exception of the upgraded graphics capability. The last update I got added Dolby Atmos support. I purchased the One S because I needed a 3D, 4k player for movies and streaming. If VR becomes a thing then I'll probably buy the One X.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2