Skip to main content
Hey guys,

I would appreciate some help with this topic. I tried the Kraken TE not too long ago but had issues getting the mic to work. Even though it says that it is compatible (also via 3.5 stereo jack), it didn’t work, so I’m a bit cautious about buying another one. The headset itself was excellent and just what I was looking for.

Any advice on good alternatives?

i got one rn that I bought for like 30€ and it’s not bad but not exactly comfortable and also doesn’t feature things like turning the game volume down separately from the chat volume, which I would find extremely helpful.
I would consider the Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon 50X as a cost-effective option, but most people have a somewhat negative reception of Turtle Beach in general. The wire can cause some static while moving if you've had it for a new years.
I have the old Kraken Pro. Works well but one side is slightly softer than the other, but that's probably because I throw it around a lot. Mic is good, too. Razer came out with a new one that's almost the same.
HaXoR73 wrote:
I would consider the Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon 50X as a cost-effective option, but most people have a somewhat negative reception of Turtle Beach in general. The wire can cause some static while moving if you've had it for a new years.
this is my headset. i love it and its stupid cheap but really good
Turtle Beach XO One for a couple of years now with no problems.
End3r 071 wrote:
I have the old Kraken Pro. Works well but one side is slightly softer than the other, but that's probably because I throw it around a lot. Mic is good, too. Razer came out with a new one that's almost the same.
Which one is that specifically? I mean the new one like that? And have you tried that?
HaXoR73 wrote:
I will definitely look into that. Name comes up often enough. Thanks!
End3r 071 wrote:
Which one is that specifically? I mean the new one like that? And have you tried that?
I have the old Kraken Pro v2. The newest one is called the Kraken. I haven't used the new one before, but according to the website it has more cushioning and a better mic.
End3r 071 wrote:
End3r 071 wrote:
I have the old Kraken Pro v2. The newest one is called the Kraken. I haven't used the new one before, but according to the website it has more cushioning and a better mic.
Maybe I’ll give it another try. Thanks.
Plantronics Gaming Headset, RIG 800LX Wireless Gaming Headset.

Yes, this isn't Astro or TurtleBeach but you're buying this as a product, NOT for the name. The best headset I've had for Xbox One. It's only $150, completely wireless, and the easiest headset I've ever used. I received mine as a gift about two years ago and since then, I've converted about a dozen of my friends to buying one as well.
Plantronics Gaming Headset, RIG 800LX Wireless Gaming Headset.Yes, this isn't Astro or TurtleBeach but you're buying this as a product, NOT for the name. The best headset I've had for Xbox One. It's only $150, completely wireless, and the easiest headset I've ever used. I received mine as a gift about two years ago and since then, I've converted about a dozen of my friends to buying one as well.
Thanks for the tip. Definitely looking into that.
Plantronics Gaming Headset, RIG 800LX Wireless Gaming Headset.Yes, this isn't Astro or TurtleBeach but you're buying this as a product, NOT for the name. The best headset I've had for Xbox One. It's only $150, completely wireless, and the easiest headset I've ever used. I received mine as a gift about two years ago and since then, I've converted about a dozen of my friends to buying one as well.
Thanks for the tip. Definitely looking into that.
Hope it helps you out!