Forums / Community / General Discussion

Your initial reaction to seeing the flood?

OP Wearoutwolf

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What was your initial reaction to seeing the flood?
Not to sound lame, but when I first encountered those little popcorn guys, I was actually really freaked out. Something about the atmosphere was so... eerie. I really didn't expect it to be apart of the Halo universe. So glad it is.
GET IF OFF GET IF OFF GET IF OFF GET IF OFF GET IF OFF GET IF OFF GET IF OFF GET IF OFF!!!!

Lol seriously though, my first reaction was, "Holy crap, Ima die". Thank the Forerunners for the invention of the shotgun. Their reveal in 343 Guilty Spark was so well done. The whole level felt eerie and dark. I knew something was coming, but had no idea until they burst through the door.
for me i was just like wow.

i thought i was ugly but that took it 2 a other lvl

jk jk jk

but still great
I Remember that I thought "what the hell? What is that? I had 6 or 7 years old so I was really scared in levels with flood hahaha
Jeeeeeeeeenkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiins!
was 5 years of age. wasted about five clips when i saw them and then said what the heck is that. my brother said i would be freaked out should have believed him.and they were the manifests of my nightmares for about a year.
I was shocked. I got Halo CE when it first came out and there hasn't really been any spoilers in the magazines or websites about the flood. So as I made my way to the level 343 Guilty Spark and the creepiness factor kinda gave off a weird vibe, because all the levels up until then have been typical scifi level and open design. this level was in a swamp and the enemy ai was acting weird and the environmental detail was also setting off red flags. When they were introduced I felt like Hudson from Aliens....such an incredible experience.
When I saw the little onions popping when hit I laughed, but when the ugly ones started to appear I was like WTF? is that an elite? and then I got to two betrayals when the M&(&^&^$%$ with the rocket launchers and was like son of a b*&%!, that was a good time
It started out in the vein of "What is this?" from The Nightmare Before Christmas but quickly turned to the backpedal and "holy crow I'm going to get zombified."
My first thought was: "Wow, there's a zombie-infection kind of thing in Halo. This is lame."
My second thought was: "Rip im gonna die."
My third thought was: "HOLY CRAP THIS IS AWESOME BUT ALSO TERRIFYING!!!!"
This, but interspersed with entire magazines of MA5B and the occasional fragmentation grenade
Mind you I was 10 years old or so when I first played the game so there was a bit more horrified screaming too but.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Tbh, the first time I saw the flood, I was on the verge of running up to my bedroom and hiding under my blanket. But, I got over that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ashtrim wrote:
I was shocked. I got Halo CE when it first came out and there hasn't really been any spoilers in the magazines or websites about the flood. So as I made my way to the level 343 Guilty Spark and the creepiness factor kinda gave off a weird vibe, because all the levels up until then have been typical scifi level and open design. this level was in a swamp and the enemy ai was acting weird and the environmental detail was also setting off red flags. When they were introduced I felt like Hudson from Aliens....such an incredible experience.
That perfectly sums up how I felt. I could tell from the atmosphere that something was very, very wrong. I felt this pit of anxiety, and CE just did so darn well at immersing me. Felt like I was in an Alien movie alright.
This, but interspersed with entire magazines of MA5B and the occasional fragmentation grenade
Mind you I was 10 years old or so when I first played the game so there was a bit more horrified screaming too but.
Yup. You knew it was over when the Covenant was fleeing and screaming in fear faster than you could throw some frags. All I knew was to run, run very fast away. Whatever they're running away from, I need to get a head start.
I believe i freaked the flip out and put my back to a corner and got over run in a corner in a pile of dead host bodies
Yup this is definitely what my reaction was like, I immediately turned my Xbox off after seeing them, I was only 5 playing that Level lol
Unfortunately and regrettably, the "surprise" was ruined by a friend of mine who played it before me. In fact, I thought nothing of it until I learned that people actually reacted to them and realized I really missed out on the horror. Over time I came to become afraid of the Gravemind though. How can someone talk with a mouth like that?
I put the game down. Didn't come back for a couple weeks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2