[Locked] YOUR MOST NOSTALGIC HALO MEMORY

OP Cyro XVX

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
Halo has been such a huge part of our lives, and without it, I honestly don't know where I would be today.

Several years back it was in the middle of a summer night, it was raining outside and I managed to get myself a copy of Halo 3 ODST. I stayed up all night to finish the campaign. The mood of the game fit my emotions perfectly, the soundtrack, the atmosphere that surrounded New Mombasa. It was so simplistic and beautiful. Running through the streets with a silenced SMG, silently taking out the Covenant, the new M6C/SOCOM I can't help but think back on that night on how amazing it was. Halo 3 ODST in my highest opinion, was perfect.

The way I relive that nostalgia, is the music. I walk around at night when it's not too cold, listening to the ODST soundtrack on my iPod. Walking by the canal, seeing the reflection of the moon in the water. Looking up at the night time sky, and the stars just dreaming. Halo has been such a huge part of my life, the feelings it's given me, the friends I've made. It's helped me live through dark depressing times in my life. This is what helps make me happy. Marty did such a wonderful job on the music. He sure knows how to capture true emotion in a game.

I've had many nostalgic memories with Halo, all of them in-fact, but what's your most nostalgic memory?

Please share! I'd love to hear ways that Halo has impacted your life?

--Also what are some of your favorite soundtracks that give you that chill of nostalgia?
Staying up all night playing Halo Reach custom games is a memory I'll never forget.
Volize wrote:
Staying up all night playing Halo Reach custom games is a memory I'll never forget.
I'll never forget Reach.

#RememberReach

I always will remember the custom games. Goofing off in Forge World. Making Machinima... ah, those memories will never die.
Cyro XVX wrote:
Volize wrote:
I'll never forget Reach.

#RememberReach

I always will remember the custom games. Goofing off in Forge World. Making Machinima... ah, those memories will never die.
For sure. Good times indeed.
I would say playing Halo CE for the first time. I didn't see any trailers for it i just wanted a xbox, so when Xbox launched i got halo with it and was completely blown away been in love with it ever since.
I would say playing Halo CE for the first time. I didn't see any trailers for it i just wanted a xbox, so when Xbox launched i got halo with it and was completely blown away been in love with it ever since.
That's how I felt when I first played Halo CE for the first time. Halo 1 will never be replaced.
Cyro XVX wrote:
That's how I felt when I first played Halo CE for the first time. Halo 1 will never be replaced.
It really won't be way to much nostalgia.
Driving down the bridge causing rampage in a Scorpion in New Mombasa.
I don't know. I've played every Halo since CE when I was 4(in 2003), but I don't really have nostalgic memories tied to Halo. I appreciate the experiences I had, but not nostalgic memories. The closest thing might simply have been playing Halo 3 multiplayer.
Halo 3's campaign in general. I remember playing the covenant looking at these cool structures and flying in the hornet then all of a sudden everything was being blown up in front of me. Better yet, I had all my friends and we were playing co-op splitscreen.
'To give the covenant back their bomb.'
I would have to say the last level of halo 3. Driving that warthog on an exploding halo ring to get to the Forward Unto Dawn was pretty cool. If not that, I enjoyed custom games on halo 5 with friends. I know the game is trash, but it has a great forge making custom games fun.
Right after you leave the bridge on the first halo CE mission. Poping all 3 grunts in the head and watching them be grunts is always a significant (for some reason) halo memory for me.
The first level of Halo 3.
While at college, Halo 3 was released. There was a group of us on our floor that loved Halo as well as a group on the floor above us that did. So, we had to find out which floor was better, and 'Floor Battles', as they came to be known, were born.

We had 4v4 matches as a best of 7 with a constant rotation of maps and game types that always ended in CTF on Valhalla for the 7th game if it got there (95%) it actually did. So many good memories doing that on a nightly basis in college.
While at college, Halo 3 was released. There was a group of us on our floor that loved Halo as well as a group on the floor above us that did. So, we had to find out which floor was better, and 'Floor Battles', as they came to be known, were born.

We had 4v4 matches as a best of 7 with a constant rotation of maps and game types that always ended in CTF on Valhalla for the 7th game if it got there (95%) it actually did. So many good memories doing that on a nightly basis in college.
Finally, someone who wasn't a kid when Halo 3 came out. I was always a little envious of those who had tons of people they personally knew to play Halo with. Where I'm from, Xbox has consistently struggled against Sony and Nintendo's stranglehold on the market, meaning there's hardly anyone here who owns an Xbox, let alone Halo. And that's today, imagine how bad it was 15 years ago lol.

Anyway, most nostalgic memory? E3 2004 demo, when my teenage mind embarked on a great journey of it's own.
"Betcha can't stick it......", "You're on."
I have several memories I hold nostalgic, so no single memory tops them all. At least not yet. I remember going to my first Halo LAN, back just after the Xbox 360 launched. It was at my youth pastor's place, when I was a young teen. We had Halo 2 going all throughout the place. It was amazing.
Later I remember (somewhat) when my dad brought home Halo 3. It was September 28th, 2007; the first time I played it.
I remember the same youth pastor, as a junior in high school, picking me up from school to buy Halo: Reach. Then waiting for Halo CE, Halo 4, etc.
Hmm...now that I really recall, one of my more nostalgic memories is when I completed Halo 5 early last year on Legendary Solo. It brought my years long playthrough of Halo CE/A - Halo 5, Reach and ODST on Legendary Solo, to an end. Started with Reach and ended with 5. Will I do the same when Halo 6 comes out? Don't know yet.

As for music, Halo 3's score tops them all. Brings back a torrent of memories from high school.
The first time I saw Halo was when I was 8 and I just walked into seeing my older brother playing Halo 3 on the missions the Covenant. I just remember looking up and seeing the three Pelicans and two green phantoms and just thinking "what is this, it looks so cool". I stayed up and watched him play the mission but the start of it and seeing the a arbiter for the first time are what got me hooked to Halo and probably my best moments to in the series
Finally earning the "If they came to hear me beg" achievement in Halo Reach.

The levels of pure excitement and relief still make me proud today. Especially now that I can pull it off easily. It's like muscle memory.

Ah, man. That just sounds incredible!

Reminds me of so many Halo 2 Lan Parties... Good times.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14