1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
Playing lans of Halo CE and H2 whit all of my friends in my childhood that's a memory that I will never forget
Whoo boy... I think it has to be stepping off the crashed lifeboat at the beginning of the level 'Halo', looking up in awe at the landscape curving up ahead and feeling a true sense of mystery. I was mesmerised and I don't think anything else can come close.

I was only 6 years old as well.
Man I love this forum. I'd have to say that my best nostalgic moments are playing ODST/Reach firefight with my Mom. We still play together, it's pretty fun, which is why I miss split screen firefight in Halo 5. But other than that, I think the deaths of Johnson, and Noble really were memorable just like the books. I think the death of any in depth character in Halo during the Human-Covenant War really shows the struggle of the war.
Dude, that's freaking awesome that you play with your mom. The only game I ever got to play with my mom was Need 4 Speed. And she really sucked at it lol. But we had a good time.

That's pretty amazing man. :)
Whoo boy... I think it has to be stepping off the crashed lifeboat at the beginning of the level 'Halo', looking up in awe at the landscape curving up ahead and feeling a true sense of mystery. I was mesmerised and I don't think anything else can come close.

That's awesome. :) I was about the same age as you were. That truly was one of the biggest experiences for me. :)
I can't decide between playing Quarantine Zone in Halo 2 and playing Sierra 117 in Halo 3, both for the first time.
I completely agree with every thing you said about ODST, the soundtrack is a perfect 10/10 and it captures the emotion of the game really well. ODST was the first halo I ever onwed (I had played all others at a friend's house), as a result I have countless nostalgic experiences on it, but my most nostalgic moment was probably sleeping over at my friends house, playing through all of CE and all of 2 (On the original xbox, this was before halo 3). We were pretty young and didn't understand much of the games but we loved it nontheless. If I could pick one moment out of both of the games that I remember most fondly, it would be playing The Silent Cartographer on CE. We would just screw around on the open island, driving into the water, killing the Marines, being terrified of the extremely easy to kill hunters (I didn't realize how easy they were back then). Just everything about the experience was amazing and I would do again any day.
Cyro XVX wrote:

That's awesome. :) I was about the same age as you were. That truly was one of the biggest experiences for me. :)
Stepping on to the halo ring for the first time is and always will be one of the most memorizing experiences of my life.
I completely agree with every thing you said about ODST, the soundtrack is a perfect 10/10 and it captures the emotion of the game really well. ODST was the first halo I ever onwed (I had played all others at a friend's house), as a result I have countless nostalgic experiences on it, but my most nostalgic moment was probably sleeping over at my friends house, playing through all of CE and all of 2 (On the original xbox, this was before halo 3). We were pretty young and didn't understand much of the games but we loved it nontheless. If I could pick one moment out of both of the games that I remember most fondly, it would be playing The Silent Cartographer on CE. We would just screw around on the open island, driving into the water, killing the Marines, being terrified of the extremely easy to kill hunters (I didn't realize how easy they were back then). Just everything about the experience was amazing and I would do again any day.
I will always remember the Silent Cartographer. One of the most iconic missions ever. :)
My family started with Halo 4, and my brothers and my dad would just go on split-screen and play 2v2 on Exile with infinite time and score. We hadn't even done the campaign, so we discovered everything in the game through multiplayer. We thought tanks were nearly indestructible, so whenever an enemy got the Scorpion, we would be driving in Mongooses in nearly futile attempts to jump on. Then, I would get the Gauss Hog and just hope that I would get lucky. I apologize for going on and on, but these truly were fond memories...
Despite liking Halo, I'm godawful terrible at playing it. I struggle to accomplish much of anything notable in either campaign or multiplayer.

At one point I decided Halo 3 would be the first one I'd try to tackle on Legendary since it's the easiest. I wasn't sure if I could finish it. But I grinded it out, playing the missions thru in order, and once I finished the Cortana mission (with my heart pounding the whole time) I knew I'd make it. At the end of the Halo mission, when I finished the final Warthog run, I whooped so loud. I was very happy.

I've since gotten better at Legendary but I'll never forget that first playthru.
(Sorry for my English in advance)
I was around 11 when one of my cousins showed me for the first time Halo CE. He had the demo on his Xbox and I remember how awesome was playing it as a videogame, as graphic and as story line introdution. I bought the original Xbox console only because of Halo. I was so exited to play that game and it's been my favorite game ever. The music, the campaign and the graphics were just so perfect. I'm 26 now. I'm still a fan but not really since bungie stopped the productions after halo reach. I think 343 did the right thing to continue the series but it wasn't just the same. Anyway I recently got the master chief collection because after I decided to listen some original soundtracks one night, I had so much nostalgia and it felt like the series has been a big part of my life, maybe because I found the love of my life on halo 3 multiplayer online but I'll save that story for one day, perhaps when it's the right time folks.
My most nostalgic Halo memory was on Halo 4. It was just after Church died (again) in season 13 of Red vs Blue. Me and my friends decided to create a battle of what we thought had happened right after when Tucker got the Meta armor.
Halo CE - Reach Co-op splitscreen multiplayer and campaign. Very fond of going to other people's houses just to play splitscreen with them, one of my best childhood nostalgia moments.
I remember a long time ago on halo reach, in one of the forge world maps me and my brother were 1v1ing each other with swords and hammers, I ended up killing him and his body fell off the map, so I tried to jump on the railing to watch it fall into the water and I ended up jumping off the map.
Playing the cracked edition on pc with my friends
Absolutely not the right way to play but still so much fun.
Playing a lot of H2 LANs whit my friends from the high school
Death of the noble team
Playing the Covenant with my best friend and hijacking a banshee to help destroy the scarabs.
Going to a lan tournament when Halo 2 was out. Something only a few people will understand.
Cyro XVX wrote:
Halo has been such a huge part of our lives, and without it, I honestly don't know where I would be today.

Several years back it was in the middle of a summer night, it was raining outside and I managed to get myself a copy of Halo 3 ODST. I stayed up all night to finish the campaign. The mood of the game fit my emotions perfectly, the soundtrack, the atmosphere that surrounded New Mombasa. It was so simplistic and beautiful. Running through the streets with a silenced SMG, silently taking out the Covenant, the new M6C/SOCOM I can't help but think back on that night on how amazing it was. Halo 3 ODST in my highest opinion, was perfect.

The way I relive that nostalgia, is the music. I walk around at night when it's not too cold, listening to the ODST soundtrack on my iPod. Walking by the canal, seeing the reflection of the moon in the water. Looking up at the night time sky, and the stars just dreaming. Halo has been such a huge part of my life, the feelings it's given me, the friends I've made. It's helped me live through dark depressing times in my life. This is what helps make me happy. Marty did such a wonderful job on the music. He sure knows how to capture true emotion in a game.

I've had many nostalgic memories with Halo, all of them in-fact, but what's your most nostalgic memory?

Please share! I'd love to hear ways that Halo has impacted your life?

--Also what are some of your favorite soundtracks that give you that chill of nostalgia?
literally me except with the original Halo 3 soundtrack, that was my first Halo game (played it first when I was seven.). Also, when it comes to nostalgiac Halo soundtracks, either "Never Forget" from the Halo 3 soundtrack or "Asphalt and Absolution" from Halo 3: ODST, And sometimes "Epilogue" from Halo Reach. if you haven't heard any of these, go listen to them now!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14