By Unyshek -
The highly-anticipated Big Team Battle Refresh is now live in Halo 5! Our team has been working with the best Forgers in the community to build, polish, and tune these large-scale battlegrounds for the 8v8 action only Big Team Battle can provide. We've also coordinated with the top scripters out there to add the fan-favorite round-based mode, 1 Flag CTF, to the playlist. Keep reading to find out what's been improved with Big Team Battle!
Often times we'll release playlist refreshes and just touch on the maps or modes without providing too much context behind its inspiration. For this overhaul, we wanted to make sure we communicated our goals and explained the why behind many of our decisions. As part of this, we wanted to clearly outline the goals we had in mind when taking on this refresh so that you could see where we were coming from and let us know where we succeeded or, more importantly, where we fell short.
- Update the game modes to improve the gameplay experience for all skill levels.
- Improve the framerate performance on all maps
- Establish consistent settings for weapons and vehicles across all maps
- Increase the likelihood of Objective modes ending on score rather than on time
- Maintain Big Team Battle's identity
- Find a good balance in the delicate dance of infantry and vehicle combat
With that said, let's start taking a look at what's inside the refresh itself!