Halo: The Master Chief Collection
In case you didn't see ske7ch's mini update on our forums yesterday, he wrote about where the game currently stands and provided an update on the status of MCC on PC. While we are still working towards getting a flight out before the end of the month, we have hit a few bumps along the way. Rest assured the teams here at 343, Splash Damage, and Ruffian are working hard to push through these bumps and start getting flights into your hands.
I implore you to read the full post as it really gives you a closer look at the details we're working to iron out before we can send a build to the public. I'll link it one more time here at the end too just so you don't miss it.
After receiving community feedback on our Free-For-All experiences, we published a playlist update today that introduced Rumble Pit, and many customizable Match Composer options, to Social Games. To get in on this new set of game options, jump into matches by selecting the Rumble Pit game preset or by selecting the 8p FFA game size.
- This new Rumble Pit offering contains 56 maps across all games and will include a variety of game types.
- Slayer: Includes standard Slayer, AR starts, Infinity variants, and higher weighted BR starts
- Zone Control: Includes Crazy King variants across all titles
- Asset Denial: Includes Oddball, Reign in CE, Juggernaut in H3, and Regicide in H4
- Action Sack: Includes Fiesta, Swords, Rockets, Shotguns, Slayer Duals and Rally in H2A, Race in H3, and Ninja Assassins in H4
- Skill based matchmaking has been enabled for Social Games
Our skill-based matchmaking system will sort potential players by skill and help form a match with the ones closest to you. We’ve ensured that this does not force matches to be made within any explicit range, extend matchmaking times, or make matches harder to find. It will simply do a check to find more balanced matches and create a better online experience.
- Halo 3 Lone Wolves content has moved to Rumble Pit and is being retired
With Rumble Pit rotating in, Multi Team will be rotating out next week. If you love Multi Team and are sad to see it go, know that it won’t be forever. We will evaluate reintroducting the playlist in the future and it will be better than ever when it eventually rotates back in.
The Yappening is coming to a close next week, which means you'll only have a few more days to unlock the latest nameplates. Be sure to complete all your unlock criteria by next Wednesday, April 24, at 10am PT!
Nameplate: Yapyap THE DESTROYER
Participate in Yapyap’s Grunt Rebellion to unlock.
Unlock Criteria: Complete seven Social matches using the Game Category “The Yappening” in Game Size 4v4 and/or 8v8
Nameplate: Shut Your Yap
Revolt against Yapyap’s Grunt Rebellion to unlock.
Unlock Criteria: Headshot 250 Grunts on Heroic or higher in Campaign and/or Spartan Ops