HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION
Earlier this week, on its 11th birthday, Halo 3: ODST (with Firefight!) made its way to PC as part of Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Our favorite fireteam of Orbital Drop Shock Troopers (ODSTs), Alpha-Nine, is sent into the heart of New Mombasa to see what the Covenant could be plotting. As they enter the city, the team is scattered and must fight to find one another and regroup to accomplish their mission. This memorable campaign is certainly one of my favorites and I can't wait for some of you to experience it for the first time.
The legendary title landing on PC is certainly worth celebrating, but this update also brought so much more to the entire collection on Xbox One and PC. To help highlight all of the new content that arrived this week, Andy Salisbury joined me on stream to try and cover all the details. You can catch this Halo 3: ODST PC Showcase on our YouTube channel or right here!
If you don't have time to watch that full rebroadcast, here's a quick list of some of the bigger ticket items:
- Halo 3: ODST Campaign & Firefight (with dedicated servers)
- Halo 2: Anniversary per-piece customization
- Halo 3 hit registration update
- Season 3's 80+ customization elements including Halo 3 weapon skins and visors, ODST Firefight characters, and all new nameplates
- Improved Challenge Hub and Challenge implementation
- Halo 3: ODST Weapons added to Halo 3 multiplayer (Silenced SMG, Automag, and Brute Plasma Rifle)
- The Battle Rifle, Assault Rifle, Hornet, and Anti-Air Wraith have been added to ODST Firefight
- Halo 3: ODST Firefight custom game settings can now be saved and shared
Secure the Package
To pick up Halo 3: ODST on the platform of your choice, here are some helpful links!
As a reminder for those of you who already own the Halo 3: ODST add-on for MCC on Xbox, the addition of Firefight to Halo 3: ODST in MCC comes at no extra charge. All you have to do is update your game and it'll be there for you!
Looking to upgrade the wallpapers on your phone or computer? Snickerdoodle has got you covered with the Halo 3: ODST press kit. It features the artwork above as well as numerous screenshots, banners for social media, and even a download to our teaser trailer. Get a new coat of paint for your setup at aka.ms/H3ODSTPressKit!
With Halo 3: ODST, Season 3, and improved Halo 3 hit registration successfully out in the wild, our focus has now shifted to Halo 4. Our current roadmap projects that Halo 4's public flighting should kick off before the end of October, but please remember that flighting dates are always subject to change. To learn more about that flight, stay tuned here on Waypoint for our September MCC Development Update next week. All I'll say for now is that Halo Insiders should be prepared to bring their keyboards and their controllers.
Build YOUR HALO INSIDER PROFILE
To be on the forefront of MCC's features and participate in Halo 4 flighting, you'll need to be a registered Halo Insider. As friendly reminder, registering won't guarantee you access to flights but it will guarantee that you'll be considered. By following the steps outlined below, you'll increase your chances of being selected.
- Register on aka.ms/HaloInsider
- Verify the email address you've provided for communication
- Opt-in to receive communications from us
- Opt-in to Xbox and/or PC flights (whichever you want to participate in)
- Link your Steam account (PC Flighting)
- Upload/update your DxDiag (PC Flighting)
To help celebrate the launch of Halo 3: ODST, our current featured social offering is Recon Slayer in Halo 3. Featuring the stealthy combo of the Automag and Silenced SMG, this 4v4 playlist brings an entirely new experience to Halo 3 multiplayer. Next week, we'll keep the love for stealthy gameplay going with Recon SWAT where you'll be able to show everyone how well you can BIP BAP BAM!
To stay informed of our playlist updates, be sure to follow @Halo on Twitter and keep an eye on the MCC Playlist Update thread here on Waypoint!