Congratulations OpTic Gaming, your HCS Charlotte Champions!
The HCS Charlotte Kickoff Major was a thrilling start to the 2023 HCS Season. The best teams from around the globe battled it out for a shot at glory, but it was the defending champions at OpTic Gaming that took the crown. This marks the third consecutive LAN win for the GreenWall - Congratulations!
With the 2023 Kickoff Major behind us, we now look forward to the HCS Open Series and Partnered Team tournaments with Quadrant & FaZe Clan!
The HCS Open Series will feature weekly tournaments in all regions where competitors can compete for cash prizes and HCS points. The first Open Series tournament kicks off this Sunday March 12th!
Registration is live now - grab your squad and sign up for free!
Charlotte 2023 Champions
Congratulations to your 3-Peat HCS Champions - OpTic Gaming!
|2nd||$60,000||FaZe Clan||Frosty||Renegade||Royal 2||SnakeBite|
|4th||$17,500||Native White||Barcode||Tapping Buttons||Mikwen||Gilkey|
|9-12||$2,500||Believe the Hype||Monstcr||Boam||Precision||Neuronical|
|9-12||$2,500||TSS Esports||Mortally||Swish 5s||Sceptify||SuperCC|
VOD + Photo Album
Miss the action, or want to relive the hype? Catch all the VODs and check out the official Event Photo album below!
Charlotte FFA Results
Congratulations to your $5K HCS Charlotte FFA Champion - Glory!
Congratulations to your HCS Charlotte 2023 Event Commendation Winners!
FaZe Royal 2
Season 3 Showcase
Fans that tuned in got to see a sneak peek of Halo Infinite Season 3: Echoes Within as HCS Grassroots Creators went head-to-head on new maps - Chasm and Cliffhanger!
Real Life Spartan
- Watch the Full Showmatch
We're excited to kick the year off with a star-studded lineup! Here's the cast that will be bringing you all the action.
New HCS Season, new exclusive Drops!
Tune into HCS Charlotte to unlock the Death Hex weapon coatings!
- Fans joining us live onsite will receive a Code Card at check-in that grants all drops.
|Days 1-3||MA40 AR||Watch Charlotte Co-Streamers for 2 Hours|
|Days 1-3||Sidekick||Watch the main broadcast for 2 Hours|
|Days 2-3||Commando||Watch the main broadcast for 2 Hours|
|Day 3||Bulldog||Watch the main broadcast for 2 Hours|
|Day 3||BR75||Watch the Grand Finals for 45 Minutes|
Key Event Info
- Date: February 24 - 26
- Venue: Charlotte Convention Center (Hall B) - 501 S College St, Charlotte, NC 28202
- Event Type: Major
- Eligibility: Global
- Broadcast: Twitch and YouTube
- Spectator Tickets: Available Now
- Team Pass: Available Now
- 4v4 Prize Pool: $250,000
- FFA Prize Pool: $5,000
- Event Rules: Click Here
- 2023 Player Handbook: Click Here
- 2023 Code of Conduct: Click Here
Venue, Tickets, and Team Passes
Venue: Charlotte Convention Center (Hall B)
Address: 501 S College St, Charlotte, NC 28202
- Entrance into event for the entirety of the tournament.
- Access to compete in the Free-For-All tournament at no extra charge.
- General Attendees will receive a Halo Waypoint token that unlocks all in-game items provided as Twitch Drops over the event weekend.
VIP 3-DAY TICKETS (SOLD OUT)
HCS Charlotte VIP Package includes:
- Early Entry to the Venue on Friday (Get the first look at the stage and venue).
- Dedicated Entry Line at Check-In. Access to the VIP Lounge and private bar.
- Limited Edition VIP Credential.
- Exclusive Production Tour on Friday morning with backstage access and onstage photo opportunity. A rundown of the venue and various areas including knowledge and insight on what it takes to get everything set up and working. The tour ends with an opportunity to get on the main stage for a group photo. More information will be emailed out closer to the event.
- Early access to the Free-for-All Competition Check-in (30 minutes before general admission).
- Chance to win exclusive giveaways. 10% off on HCS Apparel and Merchandise.
- VIPs will receive a Halo Waypoint token that unlocks all in-game items provided as Twitch Drops over the event weekend
PARTNERED TEAM CODES
In order to provide extra value to fans and also allow fans to support their favorite teams directly, you can use any of the below codes at check out to receive a 10% discount on your tickets. When you save 10%, the Teams receive 10%.
Support your favorite team and get a discount on spectator tickets. If you use a team's code, be sure to share on Twitter and tag the teams so they know you've supported them!
- Military Discount: MLT for 10% off
- Senior Discount: SNR for 10% off
- Price: $250
- Covers 4 Players + Coach
- 96 Total Team Passes Available
Head to hcs.ee.gg to purchase your HCS Charlotte 2023 Team Pass!
Charlotte Tournament Format
Format: The event format will be very similar to what we saw in Year 1 but we’ve made a few refinements now that we’ve got a full year of global competitive results to build from. Here’s what you can expect:
- Open Bracket: As is customary, there will be an open bracket featured at the Charlotte Major (and every Major in 2023). This will take place on Friday, February 24 and will start and end on the same day. The bracket will be filled by the first 96 teams to purchase a pass. The top 4 teams from the Open Bracket will move on to Pool Play (2 from the Winner’s bracket, 2 from the Elimination Bracket) They will be placed into Pool Play and will have a shot to earn a spot in the Championship Bracket.
- Pool Play: The Top 12 teams from qualifiers will be starting the tournament from Pool Play on Friday, February 24 competing in a Best of 5 round robin format as is customary. You’ll notice this number is slightly reduced from Year 1. We made this decision to increase the competitiveness of Pool Play, as well as the competitiveness of the Open Bracket. We expect to see more intense matches, a more intense Championship Bracket, as well as more competitive teams coming out of the Open Bracket. As with last year, each of the 4 competing regions will have a set amount of slots in Pool Play and Open Bracket which we’ve also adjusted based on Year 1 results. The regional breakout is as follows:
- North America: 8 Pool Play slots, 2 Open Bracket Travel Coverage slots
- Europe: 2 Pool Play slots, 2 Open Bracket Travel Coverage slots
- Mexico: 1 Pool Play slot, 1 Open Bracket Travel Coverage slot
- Australia and New Zealand: 1 Pool Play slot, 2 Open Bracket Travel Coverage slots
IMPORTANT NOTE: As with last year, all teams in pool play will receive travel stipends. Additionally, as with last year, we’re still providing regional travel support for the next top teams regionally so that there’s still meaningful global participation at the Majors and those teams have the chances to prove themselves worthy of qualifying for pool play and the championship bracket.
- Championship Bracket: For HaloWC 2022 the top 2 teams from each pool went to the Winner’s Bracket, the 3rd place team went to the Elimination Bracket, while the 4th place team was eliminated from the competition. In 2023, we’re going to replicate this format for the Majors. Like with the Pool Play changes, our aim is to overall create a more competitive format where the matches are also higher stakes along the way. We felt this was a success for HaloWC and we’re excited to see it in action for the Majors.
Charlotte Online Open + Qualifier
Players will have a chance to earn travel coverage and a spot in Pool Play at Charlotte Major. See the online tournament dates below:
- Registration now at FACEIT.
Charlotte Online Open
- Date: Feb 11-12 (Feb 12 for EU/MX/ANZ)
- Prize: Cash + HCS Points
Charlotte Major Qualifier
- Date: Feb 13-14 (Feb 14 for EU/MX/ANZ)
- Prize: Pool Play + Travel Coverage
- Charlotte Pools: 8 NA, 2 EU, 1MX, 1 ANZ
- Travel Coverage: 12 Pool Play Teams + next top teams in each region by HCS Points. (2 NA, 2 EU, 1 MX, and 2 ANZ)
- Year 1 Points: Players fought all season long in 2022 and we want to recognize their efforts as well as ensure the first competition of the new season is as balanced as it can be. To accomplish this, Year 1 points will be used for seeding for the Charlotte Online Open. Once the Online Open has concluded, all Year 1 points will be wiped and only Year 2 points will be used going forward.
- Qualification: In Year 1 we leaned heavily into rewarding teams for earning spots in those specific qualifiers as opposed to points accumulated across all qualifiers. In Year 2, we’re going to balance this out a bit more so that teams that perform well in the main qualifier are rewarded, but that we’re accounting for consistent performances by rewarding teams that have accumulated points through consistent performances during the qualification period. You’ll see this philosophy throughout the season as well as we look to strike the right balance. Here’s how it breaks out per region:
- North America: 6 with placement qualification, 2 with points.
- Europe: 1 with placement qualification, 1 with points.
- Mexico: 1 with placement qualification
- Australia and New Zealand: 1 with placement qualification
Note: Teams that qualify for Open Bracket travel coverage per the breakout above will be determined based on points only.
$5,000 FFA Tournament
As usual, the Charlotte Major will also feature a $5,000 FFA tournament - open to all event attendees!
Pre-registration is live at hcs.ee.gg!
Plan your weekend accordingly - check out the Charlotte Major Event Schedule below!
Early Player Check-In: Thursday February 23rd, 6:00-8:00 PM ET
|Friday 2/24||Saturday 2/25||Sunday 2/26|
|9:00 AM ET|
|9:00 AM ET|
Doors Open [All]
|10:00 AM ET|
|9:25 AM ET|
Doors Open [VIP]
|10:00 AM ET|
Pool Play Starts
|11:00 AM ET|
Free Play Starts
|10:00 AM ET|
Doors Open [GA]
|11:00 AM ET|
VIP FFA Check-In Starts
|12:00 PM ET|
|10:30 AM ET|
Player Check-In Ends
|11:30 AM ET|
FFA Check-In Starts
|2:00 PM ET|
Free Play Ends
|11:00 AM ET|
Open Bracket Starts
|1:30 PM ET|
FFA Check-In Ends
|5:00 PM ET|
Grand Finals Start
|12:00 PM ET|
|2:00 PM ET|
|9:00 PM ET|
|11:00 PM ET|
Open Bracket Ends
|2:30 PM ET|
Pool Play Ends
|3:00 PM ET|
Championship Bracket Starts
|7:30 PM ET|
|10:30 PM ET|
Champ Bracket Ends
|10:40 PM ET|
WHERE TO WATCH
Catch all the action live February 24 - 26.
- A Stream: Twitch.tv/Halo - YouTube.com/Halo
- B Stream: Twitch.tv/HCS - YouTube/HaloEsportsHCS
- Co-Streamers: Halo Infinite Live Streams
- Airport: Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)
- Ground Transportation: Uber, Lyft
- Hotels: Click here for a list of nearby hotels.
|When will the HCS Kickoff Major Charlotte 2023 take place?||The HCS Kickoff Major Charlotte 2023 will take place February 24th to 26th, 2023.|
|Where is the event taking place?||The HCS Kickoff Major Charlotte 2023 will take place at the Charlotte Convention Center in Hall B. 501 S College St, Charlotte, NC 28202|
|Where can I purchase tickets?||Spectator passes available January 13th: Click here to purchase.|
|I can't attend the event, but want to watch online. Where can I tune in?|| You can tune into these links to watch the action:|
A stream - Twitch.tv/Halo
B stream - Twitch.tv/HCS
|Is there an age limit?|| All 4v4 and FFA Players must be 13 years of age or older to compete at Halo Major Charlotte. Players 13 years of age or older require a signed parental consent form if under the age of 18.|
Spectators 13 years of age or older require a signed parental consent form if under the age of 18. Spectators under 13 years of age will need to be accompanied by guardian. Children ages 3 and under will not require a ticket, but will require a completed parental consent form and be accompanied by a guardian at all times.
Download the Parental Consent Form.
Please bring the completed form to the event and have ready to hand in at the ticketing desk.
|What if I am under the age limit at the time of qualification but meet the age requirements by the event date? Can I still participate?||Players will need to be of age by February 6th to compete.|
|What time do the doors open?||Doors open at the following times: Friday 9:25am (VIP) 10:00am (GA) Saturday 9:00am (All Spectators) Sunday 11:00am (All Spectators)|
|Where should I park and is parking free?|| You can check here for all paid parking options near the event.|
You can view a parking map on the Charlotte Convention Center's website here.
|Do you have appropriate seating and parking for individuals with medical conditions?||The event is ADA compliant and accessible. More information can be found here.|
|Are pets allowed?||Only service animals are allowed at the event.|
|I am with the press and would like to cover the event. Who should I reach out to for information and Press Access?||Please submit your inquiry using our Press Credential Request form. For any additional help, email email@example.com.|
|I have other questions – where’s the best place to ask them?|| For Charlotte specific questions, email us at HCSeventsNA@ee.gg|
For HCS program and eligibility questions, email us at HCS@ee.gg
|Are there any prohibited items?||Halo Championship Series Prohibited Items|
- Cosplay and other costumes determined to be safe by security
- Prop/Replica weapons as part of cosplay or other costumes (Must be submitted to security for review. Cannot contain a functioning bolt mechanism or fire a projectile of any kind. Any bow-type weapons must be unstrung or strung with a low-tensile thread. All prop arrows must have soft, non-metal, blunted tips made out of foam or cardboard only. Cannot be pointed at any individual in such a way to cause fear of harm or distress. Cosplay firearms must have brightly colored safety tips. Must be visibly tagged and visually identified as “safe” or “peace bonded”)
- Cell Phones
- Action cameras, such as GoPro’s
- Prescription medication (you must have the prescription/label in your name with you)
PROHIBITED ITEMS* (below list is a guide, not all inclusive):
- Illegal or illicit substances, drugs, or drug paraphernalia
- Weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, ammo, pocket knives, sharp-edge blades, self-defense sprays, or any item deemed as unsafe by security staff
- Flammable items or liquids including aerosols and fireworks
- Bags larger than 12″ x 12″ x 6″ max
- Coolers, sleeping bags, tents, and chairs
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after thorough inspection
- Outside alcohol
- Outside food and beverage Bicycles, skateboards, hover-boards, scooters, or personal motorized vehicles
- Drones or unmanned aerial vehicles
- Animals except for service animals assisting an individual with a disability
- “Comfort,” “therapy” or “emotional support” animals do not meet the ADA definition of a service animal. Security may permit working dogs or other animals as required.
- Laser pens, laser pointers, or similar focused light devices
- Noisemakers such as megaphones, air horns, sirens, whistles, or other devices which may interfere with others’ experience
- Any item that is not lawfully permitted to be carried in the locality or City of Seattle
- Additional items may be prohibited at the discretion of Microsoft staff or security
*Note: Prohibited items and items determined to not be appropriate for entry into Halo Championship Series will be the responsibility of the attendee and cannot be accepted, stored, or checked by Microsoft or Convention Center.
|What is your bag policy?||Spectators: All Bags must be clear and under 12in x 12in x 6in to be allowed in the venue, and are subject to wanding and searches as needed.|
Wallets and wristlets no larger than 5in x 8in x 1in are permitted. Anything larger must follow the clear bag guidelines.
|What are the closest hotels to the event venue?||Please use this link to find nearby hotels options and rates.|
|Where can I find the Handbook & Code of Conduct?||You can find the HCS Handbook & Code of Conduct by clicking here.|
|Will there be a Free-For-All (FFA) competition at this event?|| Yes! The event will feature a free Halo Infinite FFA tournament, which will be open for up to 512 players and spectators. Best of luck to those competing for their shot at the largest portion of the $5,000 prize pool!|
The FFA check-in schedule will be published closer to the event. Check back here for updates.
Must have a Spectator ticket to participate.
|I don't live in the United States. Can I still compete in this tournament?||To check your specific country’s eligibility, please see the list of eligible countries as listed in the Handbook here.|
|Is there a limit to the number of teams eligible to compete in this tournament?|| Yes. The 4v4 competition will include 12 invited teams.|
The FFA competition will feature a maximum of 512 competitors
|When do rosters lock?||For Pool Play and Travel Coverage teams, at 6:00 PM EST on Monday, February 15th. If teams earned travel coverage via the Major #1 Online Qualifier they must retain the same roster they used in the Major #1 Online Qualifier that takes place on February 13th or 14th depending on your region.|
|What equipment should I bring if I'm competing?|| All players competing must bring:|
- Your preferred wired peripheral (Xbox wired Controller or Mouse and Keyboard)
- USB cord required for your preffered peripheral
- Headset with no power outlet and a 3.5 mm plug
- Wired Earbuds (needed for Feature Station and Main Stage play)
- If you plan on competing with Keyboard & Mouse, you must submit your model number for each device to firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of the event.
Mixamps will be provided. Bringing backup equipment is recommended.
|Which monitors will be used for the tournament?||All tournament and warmup monitors will be provided. Model will be updated here soon.|
|How do I earn travel coverage?||Lodging and travel coverage will be offered to 12 pool play teams based on points and placement in the Major #1 Qualifier. Additionally 2 NA teams, 2 EU teams, 2 ANZ teams & 1 MX Team will be granted travel coverage based on aggregate points versus runner up teams in the Major #1 Online Qualifier.|
NA Players may qualify through:
Top four (4) placement in the Major #1 Online Qualifier.
Top four (4) in HCS points after the Major #1 Online Qualifier
EU Players may qualify through:
1st place in the Major #1 Online Qualifier.
Highest team aggregate HCS points after the Major #1 Online Qualifier
MX Players may qualify through:
1st place in the Major #1 Online Qualifier.
ANZ Players may qualify through:
1st place in the Major #1 Online Qualifier.
For further information including complete tournament format and seeding , please review the Event Rules linked here.
Note: Teams who earn travel coverage for the HCS Kickoff Major Charlotte 2023 via the Major #1 Online Qualifier must compete with the same roster.
|How does travel coverage work?||More information on how to use earned travel coverage will be delivered to qualified teams after the completion of the Major #1 Online Qualifier.|
|What is the Prizing Breakdown?||Prizing Breakdown - Charlotte Major 4v4 $250,000|
Prizing Breakdown - Charlotte Major FFA $5.000
|What is the Pro Point Breakdown?||Pro Points Breakdown - Charlotte 4v4|
1st - 25,000
2nd - 15,000
3rd - 11,000
4th - 9,000
5th/6th - 8,000
7th/8th - 7,000
9th-12th - 5,500
13th-14th - 4,500
15th-16th - 3,000
17th-20th - 2,750
21th-24th - 2,250
25th-32th - 1,800
33th-40th - 1,600
41th-56th - 1,400
57th-72th - 1,000
Pro Points Breakdown - Charlotte FFA
9th - 10th: 6,000
11th - 12th: 5,250
13th - 14th: 4,500
15th - 16th: 3,750
17th - 20th: 2,800
21st - 24th: 2,450
25th - 28th: 2,000
29th - 32nd: 1,650
33rd - 40th: 1,300
41st - 48th: 1,125
49th - 56th: 950
57th - 64th: 750
65th - 128th: 375
|I have other questions – where’s the best place to ask them?||For Charlotte specific questions - HCSeventsNA@ee.gg|
For HCS Program and eligibility questions - HCS@ee.gg
|What types of payment do you accept? Online and onsite?||All major credit cards are accepted. Cash payments will not be accepted at the event.|
|How will I get my tickets if I buy them online?||You will receive a confirmation email from Eventbrite with a QR code and printable tickets. Digital or print tickets will be accepted and scanned at the door at the event.|
|What if my tickets are lost or stolen?||Please contact HCSeventsNA@ee.gg for more information.|
|Do you offer refunds?|| Charlotte Spectator and VIP Ticket - Refund Policy:|
Esports Engine will only be considering refunds for tickets until February 17th, at 6:00 PM ET.
Refunds requests will not be accepted after February 17th, 2023 at 6:00 PM ET, and must be emailed to HCSEventsNA@ee.gg.
No tickets may be exchanged for event credit with Eventbrite or 343/HCS events.
Tickets are non-transferable.
In the event that the event is canceled due to the organizer or COVID restrictions, refunds will be processed for all purchasers.
|What if the event is cancelled?||If the event is cancelled all tickets purchased will be refunded in full.|
|Can I show my tickets on my phone at the door or do I need to have the physical tickets with me?|| Digital or print tickets will be accepted and QR codes scanned upon entry. You must have all members of the parties accounted for with multiple tickets present to check in at the same time. Tickets are only scanned once.|
Fans will receive a wristband that corresponds with their ticket type.
|Do you offer military or senior citizen discounts?|| If you are purchasing a ticket online - please use the code MLT (for Military) or SNR (for Senior) to receive 10% off your ticket. |
For the Military discount, please be prepared to present your Military ID. For a senior discount, you must be 55+ years of age.
Any questions about codes or eligibility please email HCSeventsNA@ee.gg.
|What does general admission mean?||General Admission (GA) refers to seating or standing areas that are not assigned or reserved, and are occupied on a first-come, first-served basis.|
|Will my seats be together?||General Admission (GA) refers to seating or standing areas that are not assigned or reserved, and are occupied on a first-come, first-served basis.|
|What should I do if I don't receive my tickets?||Please contact HCSeventsNA@ee.gg for more information.|
|Is my multi-day ticket good for either or both days?||3 Day GA or VIP tickets are acceptable for all days of the event. You will receive a wristband or credentials that you must keep with you for all of the days to re-enter.|
|The name on the ticket doesn't match the attendee’s name. Is that okay?||This is allowed, however you must have all members of the parties accounted for with multiple tickets present to check in at the same time. Tickets are only scanned once.|
|What does a VIP ticket include?||Charlotte Major VIP Package includes:|
Early Entry to the Venue on Friday (Get the first look at the stage and venue)
Dedicated Entry Line at Check-In
Access to the VIP Lounge and private bar
Limited Edition VIP Credential
Exclusive Production Tour
Early access to the FFA Competition Check-in (30 minutes before general admission)
Chance to win Surprise Giveaways
10% off on HCS Apparel and Merchandise
|What are the COVID event's guidelines?||Per current federal, state and event organizer guidelines, HCS Kickoff Major Charlotte 2023 will have no COVID requirements for teams or spectators for entry or while in the building. Halo and event organizers will work to continue to monitor the situation and update protocols for safety as needed.|
|Do I need to present proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test?||Per current federal, state and event organizer guidelines vaccine or test results will not be required.|
|Will I be required to wear a mask or face covering, or other PPE, while at the event?||Per current federal, state and event organizer guidelines masks are recommended but not required.|
|Where can I find the Event Rules?||The Event Rules can be found here.|